Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I sincerely had no idea there were seasonal rewards on Nuverse. How long has that been going on? Oh God, what have I missed out on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have to imagine that gets changed before release. That can't be right.

Wouldn't surprise me. There have been other datamined bundles that have gone from incredible value to average or worse before release.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

Why does the Kamala emote trigger people so much, is it because she is a zoomer or is it just the insincerity

the thumbs up is actually the middle finger. they just couldn't put that particular emote in...

Network42 posted:

My response to all this is why would they bother to do all the extra work to make a hidden deck ranking algorithm that does absolutely nothing, and then lie about it instead of talking up the feature they put a bunch of work into. What does the company possibly gain from this?

Reminder that they can't even add a confirmation before you open spotlight caches, which has been coming soon since they were introduced.

they actually can... they've added confirmations before (i.e. when you try to buy something with gold in the shop). they're actively choosing not to put this in, and it's pretty obvious lovely dark pattern stuff.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I sincerely had no idea there were seasonal rewards on Nuverse. How long has that been going on? Oh God, what have I missed out on?

Just this month

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Just this month

It's a gambit to get transactions outside the respective mobile app store. Something epic should be doing instead of fighting windmills.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

incoherent posted:

It's a gambit to get transactions outside the respective mobile app store. Something epic should be doing instead of fighting windmills.

It's not even that precisely, you get points for your spending outside the Nuverse shop as well. But you do have to visit the shop to claim the rewards, and while you're there you might notice that it's cheaper than purchasing in-app.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Just this month

Oh cool, no worries then haha

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New favorite title acquired.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I play Quicksilver in my deck because I constantly feel the need to have something to play in my first turn. The main locations that make him unplayable during the first turn are the Peak, the Ice Box, and Sokovia.

And it hit me how perfectly morbid it is that Sokovia showing up regularly takes Quicksilver off the board.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1712484432047927388?s=20

:homebrew:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

New Leaf posted:

New favorite title acquired.

Absolutely perfect. I need to find that one.
(are these just sometimes in the random caches? Where are people getting these?)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah they're random. All I want is "Korg Fan Club" for my rock but alas

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

I play Quicksilver in my deck because I constantly feel the need to have something to play in my first turn. The main locations that make him unplayable during the first turn are the Peak, the Ice Box, and Sokovia.

And it hit me how perfectly morbid it is that Sokovia showing up regularly takes Quicksilver off the board.

i hear ya, but you def. do not need to play quicksilver. even if you're only in pool one, i can think of a number of replacements that would be much better for you / your deck.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Playing Quicksilver on turn 1 probably has a near zero effect on winning the game.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Last King posted:

i hear ya, but you def. do not need to play quicksilver. even if you're only in pool one, i can think of a number of replacements that would be much better for you / your deck.

As another new player, one thing that made me take a big jump was learning to not play on turn 1 most of the time. I find it much more valuable to play on turn 6 or as needed in the middle of a match.

And the early 6 drops are all honestly kinda bad until you get more tech. So the thing that gave me my first big jump was dumping Quicksilver. There's probably decks that want him in for various reasons, but honestly, he might be my least favorite 1.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah they're random. All I want is "Korg Fan Club" for my rock but alas

Give me

DE NAME EES GAMBIT
REMEMBER EET

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Last King posted:

Quicksilver is good in pool one if The Raft is featured, but otherwise, yeah

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've only ever seen quicksilver and domino in Agatha decks post pool 1

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I sometimes see Quicksilver in a destroy deck so it's guaranteed fodder for Carnage or Venom.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have seen Quicksilver also as a guaranteed trigger for Lockjaw

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
OTA is out
Forge 2/1 +3 to 1/1 +2
Tiger Spirit 7 Power to 8
Widow's Bite 0 Power to -1 Power
Alioth 6/5 to 6/3
Shuri 4/2 to 4/1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's my fault, I was trying a Shuri deck

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

it's cheaper than purchasing in-app.

this hasn't been the case for me for a few weeks now, I'm stuck on the US store.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

That's my fault, I was trying a Shuri deck

Heaven forbid Second Dinner allow a deck with no Series 4 or 5 cards in it to be competitive.

They're clearly gearing up to do the same song and dance with Alioth that they did with Aero and Leader. He'll get dinged down to 6/2 before they change his ability to only affect the first/last/highest power card played.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

What's the point of taking 1 power out of a Shuri lane?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Psychological

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

victorious posted:

What's the point of taking 1 power out of a Shuri lane?

You see, 29 is much easier to beat than 30.

This nerf does next to nothing. The Alioth nerf is even stupider, no one was really playing the card for stats. Whoever above said they’re dancing around before they do “last/first/strongest” is absolutely right.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
There have been plenty of times I've played Alioth in a line I was losing by 3ish, knowing that playing there would win me the game. Now it won't work some of the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not convinced they'll aero alioth. I think they'd rather put alioth to 1 power than make her a bad copy of a bad card.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sandwolf posted:

You see, 29 is much easier to beat than 30.

This nerf does next to nothing. The Alioth nerf is even stupider, no one was really playing the card for stats. Whoever above said they’re dancing around before they do “last/first/strongest” is absolutely right.

The Shuri nerf seems pretty useless yeah.

Alioth, I dunno. 5 is a pretty big amount of power if you combine it with an ability that powerful. 3 is less.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do you guys actually play against Alioth? They use it in the lane they’re already winning and need to secure? I have never seen this “Alioth switching a lane” thing you guys are talking about, it is only ever used to “win contested lane”

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

It doesn't fit in C5 as well anymore. Wonder if people will try it in C3?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Me after having my head caved in by a 28 power red skull and a 28 power taskmaster ‘this used to be 1 power stronger overall, thank you Ben Brode!’

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also, if anything, this more tightly restricts Shuri to the Shuri Sauron Red Skull Taskmaster deck.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Alioth nerf seems substantial, Jeff ties him and he loses to Captain Marvel, Silk, and Doombots, and if you’ve got prio Colossus ties and Armor + basically anything wins

wyoak fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 12, 2023

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

Also, if anything, this more tightly restricts Shuri to the Shuri Sauron Red Skull Taskmaster deck.
Nah, Shuri / Nimrod doesn’t care at all about the reduction

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Last King posted:

I've been using him for a while and he's been doing fine for me. I've at least been able to hit 95. But yeah, maybe it's time I drop him for Nebula.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Shuri+New Tiger in a negative deck hmmmmmm

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

wyoak posted:

Shuri+New Tiger in a negative deck hmmmmmm

I love thinking about dumb negative builds. Valk + lady d in a deck came to mind, but shuri into lady would be pretty easy with neg too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I still see those stupid Wong/Mystique/Tiger decks every now and again, now they'll be even more annoying.