Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

lostleaf posted:

My dishwasher just broke 3 months out of the 2 year Costco warranty. I called Costco up and they said I was out of luck. It makes me pretty mad and wary. My previous one lasted about 10 years. Where else do you get your major appliances from?

All modern dishwashers are parts bin garbage. There are no good brands. Just buy the extended warranty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Or, if you don't want to buy the extended warranty, at least pay with a card that has its own extended warranty benefit.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

bird with big dick posted:

I still haven't seen that Wagyu for sale yet I'm getting impatient.

My brother in Christ, do not let that cow die in shame. Keep walking past the Waygu

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

astral posted:

Or, if you don't want to buy the extended warranty, at least pay with a card that has its own extended warranty benefit.

RIP Costco Visa card's own extended warranty benefit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
debating whether chili should have beans unironically like its 2003 SA. takes me back

edit: \/\/\/ lmao

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 12, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Found this again by googling "reddit cringe chili"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Once again I see this recipe and once again

pre:
1 Can of Green Beans
:mrwhite:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

All modern dishwashers are parts bin garbage. There are no good brands. Just buy the extended warranty.

commercial dishwashers, but then you need all sorts of other poo poo, like the power

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

My brother in Christ, do not let that cow die in shame. Keep walking past the Waygu

God as my witness I will buy the Wagyu every time I see it.

Bingo_Bango
Oct 11, 2023

Propaganda Hour posted:

the only good dishwashers now are your own 2 god given hands

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Found this again by googling "reddit cringe chili"

are you not plugging your PSP into old computer speakers??
You're. loving. Up. :smugndar:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Why doesn't that chili have bacon in it? hosed up

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
bought the carne asada bowl kit. they really seem to want you to make two servings out of it, but it's more like three. was good, could use some more cheese and onions and actual pico de gallo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Hed posted:

Once again I see this recipe and once again

pre:
1 Can of Green Beans
:mrwhite:

jesus christ

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

lostleaf posted:

My dishwasher just broke 3 months out of the 2 year Costco warranty. I called Costco up and they said I was out of luck. It makes me pretty mad and wary. My previous one lasted about 10 years. Where else do you get your major appliances from?

At this point, learning to fix your own dishwasher is the pro move. I am not looking forward to my Fisher & Paykel drawers inevitably breaking.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

CraigSlice posted:

When does Costco typically have couches in store?
We bought one there 18 months ago and all 3 motors have crapped out so you can't lift the legs anymore and we're planning to return it but need a couch to replace it!

In my experience Costco puts out a lot of furniture after the first of the year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
green beans are trash for idiots

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

skipdogg posted:

In my experience Costco puts out a lot of furniture after the first of the year.

They might at other times, but this is for sure.

They like big ticket items around the first part of the year when people get their cash back and tax refunds

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

XO Green Beans from Kwok's Bistro are real good but only a pederast would put them in chili.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

:hmmno:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Green beans are great when they're fresh or even frozen.

Canned bean greens suck.

Green beans in chili sucks.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

purple beans are where it’s at. the bean of kings and pimps and other sorts known for hoarding all of the good stuff for themselves

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Din Tai Fung’s sautéed garlic green beans 🤤🤤🤤

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Finally, someone brave enough to say it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yard long beans or gt gently caress o

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I hated having to snap all of the ends off the long green beans when my mom and dad picked them from their garden.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

pencilhands posted:

Costco brought back chili, and Texans are PISSED AS gently caress!

https://klaq.com/costco-chili-controversy-among-texans/

Thoughts?

I'm form Texas and the chili I had growing up always had beans in it, and it was good and won chili cook-offs at my dad's work. That's why i'm always surprised when I hear about how Texans hate beans in chili. I'm team beans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My uncle is from Texas and my mother served him chili with beans in it and he flung the bowl against the wall shattering it and then farted in his own mouth and gleefully voted for Ted Cruz so I guess not everyone from Texas is the same.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

bird with big dick posted:

My uncle is from Texas and my mother served him chili with beans in it and he flung the bowl against the wall shattering it and then farted in his own mouth and gleefully voted for Ted Cruz so I guess not everyone from Texas is the same.

Honestly, this sounds like most of my family.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Two trips in two days to Church.

Thursday:
$60 worth of liquor including a bottles of Kirkland tequila, Kirkland American vodka, and Fireball. Then hopped next door and grabbed a gyro kit for partner and I, contact solution, and a giant bath sheet.

Friday:
Partner liked the bath sheet enough that she wanted a full set so we went back and got a second bath sheet, two regular bath towels, a hand towel set, a bottle of melatonin, a bottle of vanilla extract, and a double pack of canola spray,

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Has anyone looked for and noticed Vanilla beans (whole bean) lately? Curious if they carry it and whether or not its a waste of time to look.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

Has anyone looked for and noticed Vanilla beans (whole bean) lately? Curious if they carry it and whether or not its a waste of time to look.

I saw some 6 months back on the shelf, these: https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/kirkland-signature-organic-vanilla-beans%2c-10-ct.product.2001124960.html

That's a business center link but they were at a normal Costco.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Almost got murdered by a land rover today running a red light while i was making a left out of the costco parking lot. Costco dog still would've been worth it

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

StormDrain posted:

I also regularly see 2-packs of whole vanilla beans available at the 'Co closest to me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Midniter posted:

I also regularly see 2-packs of whole vanilla beans available at the 'Co closest to me.

Hell yeah thanks.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Just refilled my meds at Costco. I’ve posted about this itt before but it’s really something to get to be a human being for another 90 days for 12 bucks without insurance. Thank you costco.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

PBUC

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

This is how I stay alive tbh.

I seen whole vanilla beans at my church last week, but where has all the saffron gone?!?!?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to Costco to fill up on supplies like paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. I haven't been there in at least 6 months. I usually go way overboard but I stuck close to my list and came out at $145. I had maybe 10 or so items, some big like the paper towels, and the 18ish year old girl scanned them all in about 15 seconds. I looked at her and was like, "holy cow, that was fast." She looked slightly bored and was like :shrug: "yeah I know, that's what I do."

She's good at what she does!

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I went to Costco to fill up on supplies like paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. I haven't been there in at least 6 months. I usually go way overboard but I stuck close to my list and came out at $145. I had maybe 10 or so items, some big like the paper towels, and the 18ish year old girl scanned them all in about 15 seconds. I looked at her and was like, "holy cow, that was fast." She looked slightly bored and was like :shrug: "yeah I know, that's what I do."

She's good at what she does!

PBUC

I don't know if I maybe look incompetent, but its sometimes difficult to get the self checkout people to not just grab my stuff and scan it all.