Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Lifespan posted:

Howard has been getting paid way more money by SiriusXM than he would on his own and places like Spotify paying out the rear end for exclusive podcasts (which all accounts say they have lost their rear end on)

Lol yeah they paid multimillions for 2 years of last podcast on the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Romero posted:

Lol yeah they paid multimillions for 2 years of last podcast on the left

And that's when I stopped listening. gently caress Spotify.

I do love LPOTL, though....

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

kylej posted:

It is a little weird how Howard truly has morphed into Imus.

Give him credit for not getting racist and lovely and not setting up a greasy charity to buy himself a ranch. I’m glad he declares himself woke, even if I’d prefer to listen to the highly questionable Billy West Raymond Burr bit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Howard's a great example of fulfilling the American Dream, getting anything he ever wanted and then not having a single clue about what that reward actually gives you or what to do with it. Except to marry a model wife I guess. Like so many millionaires and billionaires, it just seems like the money is an end unto itself rather than all the freedom and opportunity it buys you to enjoy yourself, have fun and not have to take poo poo from people. You don't need millions of dollars to work 3 days a week and sit on your rear end all day in your apartment, although I suppose it helps a little.

Money buys freedom, pretty much, and gives you free time. But the richer Howard gets, the less he seems to do.

I suppose while I'm ragging on him I should compliment his painting since he's gotten really good at that so maybe I'm mistaken. But it seems like he just phones in the show, so to speak, has for a decade now and has no idea how to sleep comfortably on his massive pile of $100 bills or just enjoy his life.

What does he DO?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Szyznyk posted:

Give him credit for not getting racist and lovely and not setting up a greasy charity to buy himself a ranch.

Uhhh…

https://streamable.com/nxyuzw

http://moldredstern.blogspot.com/2017/04/biancas-furry-friends-foundation-2015.html

edit: lol that these both literally happened in the same year

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 13, 2023

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

If Howard is now Imus does that mean Beth is now Dee Ur Durr?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

What does he DO?

Meetings all the time, producing the show, don't even ask, Robin.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He paints and goes to his psychiatrist

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
it's a whole thing

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

It was 2015. He was out of his mind back then.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm surprised Howard isn't spending 5 hours a day on Israel/Palestine.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

kylej posted:

It is a little weird how Howard truly has morphed into Imus.

It's funny that toward the end of his career Imus was simulcast on MSNBC and had "serious" guests while Howard's twilight years is being on satellite radio that is given away in new cars like a USA Today outside of a hotel room.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm surprised Howard isn't spending 5 hours a day on Israel/Palestine.

He's on vacation as usual, except for the recorded Keith Richards interview.

It's the vacation curse on steroids. Instead of three celebrities dying it's three thousand Palestinians.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Robin, note, peace in the Middle East, etc

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
His absolute worst political opinions are about this topic; I will assiduously avoid hearing what he has to say.

The really annoying thing is how dutifully Robin parrots his terrible anti-Muslim takes. A few years back, in reference to something the Iranian government had done, she chirped, “Someone’s asking for a nuking!” (And this was after ayahuasca allegedly taught her infinite compassion.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chicken Butt posted:

His absolute worst political opinions are about this topic; I will assiduously avoid hearing what he has to say.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Bubba is starting to look like fatter a Gary

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/177b6zc

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 14, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i want you to go to jail for this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

i want you to go to jail for this.

Before that, though, you should give them traction...

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ernie Irvan.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Hi KC, this is the head fag at the playgirl mansion.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Then KC started to moan
He said give me a rusty trombone

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

How's Howard done a show since the Hamas attack? I imagine his show will be unlistenable for awhile.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

Then KC started to moan
He said give me a rusty trombone

Guys Guys Guys

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm partial to the pitiful Ghostbusters trumpet cover.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm partial to the pitiful Ghostbusters trumpet cover.

When you need some butt, wanna bust a nut....
Who you gonna call?
KC Armstrong

Uhhhh I aint homophobic

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

It’s KC’s sausage party he’ll kiss a guy if he wants to.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I saw a comment that Richard was living in a storage unit while making these songs, and I so badly want that to be true. The image of a normal family going to their storage unit and hearing Richard belt out “KC posed for gay photographs” at the top of his lungs is insanely funny to me.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

I saw a comment that Richard was living in a storage unit while making these songs, and I so badly want that to be true. The image of a normal family going to their storage unit and hearing Richard belt out “KC posed for gay photographs” at the top of his lungs is insanely funny to me.

It is true. He also needed a place to be able to play drums without bothering people.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Richard, in his unairconditioned storage unit in his leopard print thong hammering out YYZ.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Hearing stories about Richard before Get John’s Job you completely understand why he didn’t get laid for over 10 years.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Richard, in his unairconditioned storage unit in his leopard print thong hammering out YYZ.

In Florida heat, with no A/C.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The most unbelievable thing is that Richard had to wash himself by standing outside and using a garden hose.

Not unbelievable that he used a garden hose, I mean unbelievable that he ever bathed.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
done deal, pal

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
High Pitch Mike's, google eye, it's always looking at duuuuuuuuudes! High Pitch Mike's, google eye, checkin out guuuuys!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A few years before I dove into everything HSS-related, I remember being on Google+ (specifically Goongle+, where I met a poo poo ton of goons that I'm still irl friends with today), and one of them, I think, was named Shane. The thing that stuck out to me is the profile pic he used. At the time, I assumed it was him. Just a white guy, big forehead, and I think a lazy eye (I can empathize; I have ptosis, like Forrest Whitaker). That guy's face stuck in my mind for years.

Turns out, his avatar was just High Pitch Mike's face. Kind of messed with me the first time I saw HPM on the show. "Hey, it's Shane! Wait.... Oh.... Weird.....weeeeeird, why did he use Mike's face?"

Same sort of goes, to a much lesser degree, to the youtube account "Todd Packer".

Aside from seeing many many clips for however long, I only really watched The Office for the first time last year. :shrug:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
a totally farcical profile picture

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I see Todd Packer. I see Todd Packer and hes scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was just about to send Suzanne Somers a note