Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
that'll do it, good steal from ross colton to set up miles wood for the empty net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

cool of LA to pull their goalie so early, funny that it backfired so quickly

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Huggybear posted:

what happened to Demko

Apparently it’s just the flu, guess they figured they could rest him.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
let's go the colorado avalanche! on pace for a 164 point season

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i'm cumming. nucks are easily winning the cup

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

heehee posted:

i'm cumming. nucks are easily winning the cup

Is Brock boeser the new Alex burrows? I think so

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VOTE1 posted:

Apparently it’s just the flu, guess they figured they could rest him.

I read he was battling the entire game and they took him off once he puked in his mask. :lol: Jesus Demko.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Markstrom actually stole a game??!...What reality is this?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It took until 20 minutes before the game, but I finally feel something resembling excitement for another season watching this dumb team and this mismanaged, unfriendly to Pride nights dumpster fire of a league.

Here's hoping I'm not second screening while watching YouTube in November again.

If Philly wins tonight, at least it gets Torts another win.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Beautiful poke on the backcheck there by defensively responsible center Patrik Laine.

E- hey, whoever that was in PAS that wants Andrew Peeke, where do I sign?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 13, 2023

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

Beautiful poke on the backcheck there by defensively responsible center Patrik Laine.

yeah.....after he turned the puck over to create the situation.

That's a very lol worthy goal though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

yeah.....after he turned the puck over to create the situation.

That's a very lol worthy goal though.

Were you the one in PAS who wanted Peeke for the third pair? Because be my guest.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I did not and thanks we're good on bad defensemans.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
LAFFY baby hell yeah. great couple of shifts by that line

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Panarin-Chytil-Laf rules

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

WeaponX posted:

Panarin-Chytil-Laf rules

We're only 5 mins in but they're the best line so far and it's not close.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I, for one, am looking forward to Emil Bemstrom finally, actually, panning out to be anything other than a tweener.

:siren: Lol Bean stole Danforth's shot :siren:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 13, 2023

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Marchenko rules

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
panarin with some hop in his step, Laf scoring a goal, Kreider doing borderline poo poo...Rangers lookin good baby

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

He's got the potential to be low-key deadly for years in this league.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

extremely cool that the red wings season opener is on espn+ so i can't watch it without pirating it

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
A ranger grabs a stick and they call it a hook against a Sabre? Jesus this is not a good start to the season

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
KREIDS! just a beast on the powerplay

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man, Panarin-Chytil-Laf is looking just real nice

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Cuylle with a bunch of takeaways and a big hit on Power.

loving lmao at Trouba watching a shift full of Buffalo hits and then taking a run at little Zach Benson

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Cuylle with a bunch of takeaways and a big hit on Power.

loving lmao at Trouba watching a shift full of Buffalo hits and then taking a run at little Zach Benson

Buffalo extremely brave getting chippy with a tiny 18 year old and Trouba on the ice lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man Dahlin just had a fantastic hipper on Chytil

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

WoodrowSkillson posted:

extremely cool that the red wings season opener is on espn+ so i can't watch it without pirating it

I definitely understand not wanting to subscribe to another Thing, but it's also only like $11 a month for every hockey game (and many many other sports games) which isn't bad. I find it works better than the old NHL tv app did for me too.

Also if you/your family already have hulu or disney+ I think you can just add ESPN+ on to the bundle for like another three bucks a month

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

man Dahlin just had a fantastic hipper on Chytil

https://x.com/SabresPlays/status/1712617155009634678?s=20

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
another great stick lift by Cuylle. marvelous defensive period

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Detroit looks energetic early and the Devils are playing sloppy. lucky to be 0-0

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Every time I see Cole Sillinger down low, I wonder why a defenseman is pinching that hard. 4 is not a forward number, God damnit.

I don't know who does the graphics for Bally Sports, but there was just a promo for Predators versus Wild Saturday with the Rangers and Jackets' logos.

E- I'm enjoying JD in this guest spot doing color.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 13, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Every time I see Cole Sillinger down low, I wonder why a defenseman is pinching that hard. 4 is not a forward number, God damnit.

Brock Boeser has been with the Canucks for nearly a decade now and I still can't accept that #6 is a forward's number

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Rangers first goal off a classic Sabres sequence.

Krebs with a dangerous blind back hand through neutral ice, which Okposo was too slow to corral, leads to a rush the other direction where Jokiharju didn’t even attempt to cover his man who ended up scoring.

Goal 2 off a PP where the Ranger player grabbed and held Benson’s stick. Benson called for hooking

Sabres trying hard not to finish last in the league in hits so far. But it seems to have come at the expense of generating any offense.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm here. No fun report so far, just normal rear end fans.

It's nice.

Hey look it's (a) Norm!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Brock Boeser has been with the Canucks for nearly a decade now and I still can't accept that #6 is a forward's number

2-6 are hard no's. 7-9 have been somewhat normalized as numbers for either position and so I can live with those.

It's kind of like how goalies should be in the 30s, but I've grown to accept multiples of 10.

E- I know Taylor Hall was Cole's favorite player growing up but, when you saw his hangman and spelling skills, you can see why 4 wasn't a good choice.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 13, 2023

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Andrew Peeke gently caress off please

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

th3t00t posted:

Rangers first goal off a classic Sabres sequence.

Krebs with a dangerous blind back hand through neutral ice, which Okposo was too slow to corral, leads to a rush the other direction where Jokiharju didn’t even attempt to cover his man who ended up scoring.

Goal 2 off a PP where the Ranger player grabbed and held Benson’s stick. Benson called for hooking

Sabres trying hard not to finish last in the league in hits so far. But it seems to have come at the expense of generating any offense.

they've been impressively chippy so far after going down. unironically I think it'll help them in that division. it'll be really physical with them, Tampa, Florida, and Boston at least. all of those teams are probably more physical than any team in the Metro, I think

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

The Stars hot new gimmick for this season: offsides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PP1, Gaudreau/Laine/Marchenko/Jenner/Werenski is a good-looking unit that played like the highly talented group of hockeymans they are.

PP2, Fantilli/Bemstrom/Texier/Provorov/Severson, is not.