Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Judgy Fucker posted:

“How can it be genocide if their population is increasing? :smug:” is one of the most reprehensible things I’ve read in 20 years on these forums.

That freak should be perma’d

How do you respond to somebody using this argument? I've heard it in real life and anticipate that I will again. I'll probably have to be "civil" as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Centrist Dad posted:

seriously do you think this is the outcome Hamas was hoping for?

its probably the outcome you seem to be hoping for you creep

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Centrist Dad posted:

seriously do you think this is the outcome Hamas was hoping for?

I can't imagine it's one they weren't expecting? They were probably a lot more successful than expected, but Israeli terror bombing is always on the cards. If they miscalculated at all it was probably in how little Israel gave a gently caress about killing hostages?

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 13:13 on Oct 13, 2023

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

you hope to get poz cum in your rear end and that's why you log into grindr nightly and upload a brand new hole pic

Hell,

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

someone send the palestinians a word document explaining how to properly resist thanks

we wouldnt want to lose the imaginary moral high-ground

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Centrist Dad posted:

Golda Meir once said, "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children."

Think about that for a minute. I know I did very frequently, because my former office's secretary had that quote framed on the wall.

Centrist Dad posted:

Hamas played right into Israel's hands with their grandma-abducting agenda. Israel has been waiting for decades for an excuse to liquidate Gaza, and now they have one. The only thing standing in the way of Israeli bloodlust was always Hamas's moral high ground, and now that Hamas doesn't have it any more they're toast.

Centrist Dad posted:

quote from 5 months ago, but that strikes a chord for me...my whole childhood and adolescence, I was taught that the Arabs in Israel were THIS CLOSE to pushing the Jews into the sea. Took me 30 years to unlearn that poo poo.

are you sure you've unlearned anything?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

HallelujahLee posted:

someone send the palestinians a word document explaining how to properly resist thanks

we wouldnt want to lose the imaginary moral high-ground

centrist dad thinks palestine should resist by letting the idf gently poz their neg hole

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

centrist dad thinks palestine should resist by letting the idf gently poz their neg hole

concerning

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i really don't think poz freaks need to lumped in with zionists.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Centrist Dad posted:

Then explain to me how it was a sound military move to give Israel an excuse to destroy everything.

What in the immediate gently caress?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Stringent posted:

i really don't think poz freaks need to lumped in with zionists.

llol

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

BearsBearsBears posted:

How do you respond to somebody using this argument? I've heard it in real life and anticipate that I will again. I'll probably have to be "civil" as well.

I mean, if you absolutely had to respond civilly, point out that per the UN genocide has nothing to do with population growth rates:

quote:

Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

So you tell them they're wrong, it is literally genocide.

As for me, I would probably just walk away without saying anything lest I linger for a moment too long and spit on them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Getting word that AOC and Sanders are introducing a bill which mandates all Israelis & Palestinians take PrEP & poz each others' neg holes, no exceptions.

They're calling it the brutally & insanely gently caress jeffrey in the rear end bill (J-HOLE for short)

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 13:19 on Oct 13, 2023

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Getting word that AOC and Sanders are introducing a bill which mandates all Israelis & Palestinians take PrEP & poz each others' neg holes, no exceptions.

:aochloe: :hf: :smooth:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
ah yes, the perpetual human murder machine is actually not bad because the net population change is 0

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i know the israelis want to try, but they can’t shell everyone in gaza to death, they’re going to have to send ground forces in at some point if they’re serious about “changing the map”

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

known apartheid state that needs excuses to commit war-crimes and ethnic cleansing and genocide

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I'm scared for the people in Gaza. Are there any orgs I can donate to? Anything I can do?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jel Shaker posted:

i know the israelis want to try, but they can’t shell everyone in gaza to death, they’re going to have to send ground forces in at some point if they’re serious about “changing the map”

Stringent posted:

hamas right now

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Fansy posted:

I'm scared for the people in Gaza. Are there any orgs I can donate to? Anything I can do?

they have been declared terrorist organizations and you will be done up on federal charges op.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Fansy posted:

MSF and the red cross are probably your best bet, won’t be long until any pro palestinian charities are labelled terrorist supporters and their donation records are combed over for “anti semites”

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

speaking of airplane provisions, what does Israel’s stock of bombs look like?

28 days, per whatever I could dig up. They're pretty cagey about it, and of course can rely on the US just topping them off for free, but their War Stores across all categories are supposed to be 28 days.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

If the Palestinians and Hamas had only held themselves to a higher standard than literally every Western military that exists I would support them but alas, I guess I gotta support genocide now

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Fansy posted:

https://www.pcrf.net/ seems legit. I threw them some cash

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Did I read correctly that the US is basically saying Palestinian Americans stuck in Gaza are hosed and no help is coming

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

4d3d3d posted:

https://twitter.com/GoodVibePolitik/status/1712798645454541273
I like that Tiktok even scare quoted "community guidelines" as if they know what they're doing
since 2020 tiktok in the west has been staffed with various NATO freaks

https://www.mintpressnews.com/nato-tiktok-pipeline-why-tiktok-employing-national-security-agents/280336/

quote:

Since 2020, there has been a wave of former spooks, spies and mandarins appointed to influential positions within TikTok, particularly around content and policy – some of whom, on paper at least, appear unqualified for such roles.

For example, while simultaneously being the Content Policy Lead for TikTok Canada, Alexander Corbeil is also the vice president of the NATO Association of Canada, a NATO-funded organization chaired by former Canadian Minister of Defense David Collenette. In order to join TikTok, Corbeil left his job at the SecDev Foundation, a U.S. State Department-funded security think tank. Corbeil’s work focused on Middle Eastern security and in particular on the war in Syria and what NATO’s role should be.

Another NATO-linked new recruit is Ayse Koçak, a Global Product Policy manager at the company. Before joining TikTok last year, she spent three years at NATO. Like Corbeil, Koçak had special expertise in Middle Eastern politics, including a year’s tour in Iraq as the organization’s deputy senior civilian representative.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

Did I read correctly that the US is basically saying Palestinian Americans stuck in Gaza are hosed and no help is coming

the us is currently supporting and aiding the genocide so yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
per telegram, settlers are just shooting people at point blank range in the west bank in hella places, and the palestinians are trying to fight back with fireworks and slingshots

good thing the palestinian authority disarmed them all

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fatelvis posted:

What would they have that can shoot down an f-16?

Birds.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Popy posted:

DSA gets my respect for not giving in.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

same for canadians

since the western powers are united in full throated, unequivocable support for israel they're not even pushing hard for humanitarian corridors from what i'm seeing

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Amerikkka is the great satan

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0vvYHuA10U

But FR, as has been pointed out the IDF needs to destroy Gaza with (militarily) pointless and cruel bombing because their deterrence is gone and the IAF is the only capable part of it. To paraphrase someone ITT, they've been revealed to be a conscript army of cops, with an Air Force.

You might remember the opening US strikes on Afghanistan being carried out by B-52s, B-1s and B-2s. Same deal.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cold on a Cob posted:

same for canadians

since the western powers are united in full throated, unequivocable support for israel they're not even pushing hard for humanitarian corridors from what i'm seeing

loving piece of poo poo Biden

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

fits my needs posted:

per telegram, settlers are just shooting people at point blank range in the west bank in hella places, and the palestinians are trying to fight back with fireworks and slingshots

good thing the palestinian authority disarmed them all

wow it really is their 9/11

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The Scottish First Minister's wife's parents are stuck in Gaza, that's gonna be awkward if they're killed by a British made bomb

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Israeli attacks continue as people flee north Gaza

By Jamileh Abu Zanoona in Khan Younis

We’re at a training centre run by the UN in Khan Younis. We left north Gaza by UN cars, and there was bombing along the way as we arrived, but the situation is indescribable.

More and more people are getting here after people were advised to go to the south no matter which area, but they’re fleeing the north completely. However, there are still many people who are unable to leave because of their situation.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Jel Shaker posted:

wow it really is their 9/11

That post makes it sound more like it's their Katrina

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

They turned off the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
on Al Jazeera English you can see them burning tires and building barricades in ramallah

there’s like a 10 year old with a slingshot…..