Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Israel going “In 24 hours we’re starting a genocide. If the 1.1 million people in a city we won’t let leave are still there it’s their fault when we start killing them” and the DnD thread acting like this is some unexpected development :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danru
May 23, 2022

Sorry couldn't find a better source, but Israel about to kick Al Jazeera out (aka carte blanche to arrest/kill anti-genocide journalists)

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1712819421935194569?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

AJ also confirmed on their live broadcast that fighters (hezbollah?) launched an attack across the Lebanese border about an hour ago

Danru has issued a correction as of 15:11 on Oct 13, 2023

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

any vocal dissent against wholesale genocide will result in getting cancelled faster than the Dixie Chicks

that poo poo with Harvard is loving insane

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Offtopic but twitter has absolutely collapsed on my end both mobile and desktop. Curious to see if it just a blip.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

that thread is all pedantic arguing over the definition of words and how the bad words are hurtful!! meanwhile while one side is dropping thousands of tons of bombs on civilians but that's less important than being right about the words.

yeah i stopped reading it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Centrist Dad posted:

Then explain to me how it was a sound military move to give Israel an excuse to destroy everything.

if they didn't want to be genocided they shouldn't be dressing so genocidably

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I can't donate much but I will donate to the PCRF later today. DTI and DTA. Solidarity to the Palestinians.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Danru posted:

Sorry couldn't find a better source, but Israel about to kick Al Jazeera out

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1712819421935194569?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

AJ also confirmed on their live broadcast that fighters (hezbollah?) launched an attack across the Lebanese border about an hour ago

by "kick aj out" they mean any journalist left covering their genocide will be killed on sight

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
countdown to the idf gunning down a cnn reporter

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

A bit earlier, someone asked me what the gently caress I even want:

3. Everyone in the IDF surviving this \ being safe. (Yeah, I'm Israeli).

4. Every Hamas militant being killed.

the incredible compromise where one terrorist group is slaughtered and the other is given safety blankets and a binky so they can go back to killing journalists and bombing children. Top minds at work here

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are. There's a Chiefs forum I've been going to for like two decades and they spun off all politics chat to a quarantine zone (because the mods got tired of every game day thread bickering about barsack o'crumbo) which I usually ignore but was morbidly curious about what they say in their I/P thread. The first response to the OP was a post that basically said "Well, what the gently caress did Israel expect? You can't push people around like that and keep them imprisoned and not expect them to fight back" and about half the posters agree with that, and it's a very chuddy politics zone and largely midwestern. They're the people who would have been 100% on board with invading Iraq. Also I was talking with my coworker who is definitely like a normie centrist kind of guy, his wife is a Jewish convert with friends in Israel. He gave the boilerplate "Israel has a right to defend itself" thing but definitely was sympathetic to Palestinians and is not on board at all with how Israel is handling this and absolutely does not the US getting involved in like a war war. I know this is all anecdotal but I think the failures of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have really taken the appetite for war out of a lot of americans. There will of course be support for all kinds of bloodthirsty poo poo but I think the lizards who run western media and government have no idea how unpopular this is going to get and how mad people are going to be about it especially if Israel starts liquidating Gaza. This isn't going to be like after 9/11 where support for "glassing the middle east' had like nearly universal support. Especially if it starts to widen and drag out beyond a few weeks.

I’m feeling the same vibe

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Danru posted:

Sorry couldn't find a better source, but Israel about to kick Al Jazeera out

Functionally, what does this mean for Al Jazeera journalists in Israel?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are. There's a Chiefs forum I've been going to for like two decades and they spun off all politics chat to a quarantine zone (because the mods got tired of every game day thread bickering about barsack o'crumbo) which I usually ignore but was morbidly curious about what they say in their I/P thread. The first response to the OP was a post that basically said "Well, what the gently caress did Israel expect? You can't push people around like that and keep them imprisoned and not expect them to fight back" and about half the posters agree with that, and it's a very chuddy politics zone and largely midwestern. They're the people who would have been 100% on board with invading Iraq. Also I was talking with my coworker who is definitely like a normie centrist kind of guy, his wife is a Jewish convert with friends in Israel. He gave the boilerplate "Israel has a right to defend itself" thing but definitely was sympathetic to Palestinians and is not on board at all with how Israel is handling this and absolutely does not the US getting involved in like a war war. I know this is all anecdotal but I think the failures of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have really taken the appetite for war out of a lot of americans. There will of course be support for all kinds of bloodthirsty poo poo but I think the lizards who run western media and government have no idea how unpopular this is going to get and how mad people are going to be about it especially if Israel starts liquidating Gaza. This isn't going to be like after 9/11 where support for "glassing the middle east' had like nearly universal support. Especially if it starts to widen and drag out beyond a few weeks.

Yeah for all the panicking in this thread about Americans going into 9/11 mode i'm just not seeing it. Maybe because I live somewhere with not a lot of jews but zero people I know are talking about this in rl, it has been completely ignored on Normie social media like facebook/insta etc, except for a few jews I went to school with.

This feels like an elite media driven thing that does not have a genuine popular drive. At the end of the day most Americans have written off the i/p conflict as two people somewhere else who hate each other for inscrutable reasons. Israelis are still an Other, it is not 9/11 where We were attacked, there isn't going to be hysteria outside of political class.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lol 200 guests browsing c-spam, people are excited about jihad friday

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I remember last Monday they were talking about "non-military IDF soldiers" who were killed on MSNBC

Apparently every Israeli is an innocent civilian, and every Palestinian is a guilty militant

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1712832489230590168

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welp Twitters had a gently caress up and died.

E: its back but it comes and goes like rolling blackouts

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

people aren’t talking about it because their afraid to be labeled as an antisemite jew hater

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

Offtopic but twitter has absolutely collapsed on my end both mobile and desktop. Curious to see if it just a blip.

what region are you in? the embeds still load (for me)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the most rabid/insane/vile statements are all media/politicians and some dipshit celebrities most of the vibe im getting from regular people is that no-one really wants to talk about this

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Scarabrae posted:

any vocal dissent against wholesale genocide will result in getting cancelled faster than the Dixie Chicks

that poo poo with Harvard is loving insane

wild they are still called “the chicks”, people still hate them more that GW bush himself

Danru
May 23, 2022

fatelvis posted:

They would either be arrested or killed, probably classified as a combatant idk we're talking about a genocidal ethnostate, im assuming the worst outcome is most likely

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

fatelvis posted:

idf snipers will have a journalist quota to earn a free quarter pounder meal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well jts been the day of jihad for several hours now, what gives? wheres all the jihad

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhEFrv-Xwtw

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

This feels like an elite media driven thing that does not have a genuine popular drive. At the end of the day most Americans have written off the i/p conflict as two people somewhere else who hate each other for inscrutable reasons. Israelis are still an Other, it is not 9/11 where We were attacked, there isn't going to be hysteria outside of political class.

Yea I'm not in America right now but the intensity of elite liberalism's response to countervailing opinion reeks of insecurity

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

wild they are still called “the chicks”, people still hate them more that GW bush himself

they renamed themselves didn't they because they were like uhh yeah we regret the Dixie part

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Both were guarded by Ukrainians

lol goddamn

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

they renamed themselves didn't they because they were like uhh yeah we regret the Dixie part

Yes, same as Lady Antebellum renaming themselves "Lady A"

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Yea I'm not in America right now but the intensity of elite liberalism's response to countervailing opinion reeks of insecurity

one of the cia's most important projects is faltering and killing children isnt stopping it so theyre freaking out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

fatelvis posted:

Not much since the Israelis have always been able to kill them with zero repercussions if they felt like it, this will just be their justification

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712833788357571052

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

spacemang_spliff posted:

This might be overly optimistic, but it is true that with Israel openly declaring intent to commit genocide, a and then doing it, there's going to be quite a few people in America who don't even really understand the history that will nonetheless balk.

The current moment is terrifying because basically the entire US political class is fully onboard with genocide, but I don't think it's going to be quite so universally supported among the broader public. Though it's still going to be a LOT of bloodthirsty people.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Molson_Hart/status/1712828743427772907

https://twitter.com/maxclark/status/1712833938077401100

Danru
May 23, 2022

Blinken making the rounds, the US is nervous lol:

https://x.com/robbiegramer/status/1712833584606699598?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

I'm sure everyone is aware but there have been very large pro Palestinian demonstrations today in all of these countries

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol 200 guests browsing c-spam, people are excited about jihad friday

Good morning

Jihadi morning 🌞

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

one of the cia's most important projects is faltering and killing children isnt stopping it so theyre freaking out

cia 1: maybe if we killed MORE children

cia 2: maybe killing children isn't helping here*is slapped* oh wow thanks i was really losing it there

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

AnimeIsTrash posted:

3. Everyone in the IDF surviving this \ being safe. (Yeah, I'm Israeli).

5. Netanyahu and his cabinet hanging from lamp posts \ going to jail.

If the laws of the Nuremberg trials were in effect a lot of these genocidal monsters would be dangling from the gallows.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Danru posted:

Sorry couldn't find a better source, but Israel about to kick Al Jazeera out (aka carte blanche to arrest/kill anti-genocide journalists)

Oh look, another 2003 Iraq invasion parallel. Just need to have a MadTV SNL skit about how much AJ loves Hamas to go along with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Tensions rise on the Lebanon-Israel border

By Ali Hashem in Alma AlSha, on the Lebanon-Israel border:

We’ve been hearing gunshots and shelling, and now, as I understand, the United Nations in south Lebanon called on its staff in the western sector, which is where we are, to go to shelters.

The tension has been accumulating over the past few days on the Lebanese border, and there were several false alarms in the past 24 to 48 hours, but today, it seems that Hezbollah attacked.

According to our sources in the area, Hezbollah fighters detonated the border wall and infiltrated the Israeli border. There was a battle between them, but we don’t know if anyone was killed on either side but what we do know is that the situation is very tense.