Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are.

At least some of this in America is Ukraine fatigue coupled with an unpopular president's full-throated lust for genocide.

Trump denouncing Bibi might be the most noble thing he's ever done, even if it was for petty reasons. If Joe Rogan said DTI, that would shift the needle all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yeah for all the panicking in this thread about Americans going into 9/11 mode i'm just not seeing it. Maybe because I live somewhere with not a lot of jews but zero people I know are talking about this in rl, it has been completely ignored on Normie social media like facebook/insta etc, except for a few jews I went to school with.

This feels like an elite media driven thing that does not have a genuine popular drive. At the end of the day most Americans have written off the i/p conflict as two people somewhere else who hate each other for inscrutable reasons. Israelis are still an Other, it is not 9/11 where We were attacked, there isn't going to be hysteria outside of political class.

It's not entirely elite driven. Though social media is very astroturfed, especially on reddit, there's no doubt a large contingent of English speakers online that have gone into a total genocidal frenzy.

It's just not being seen offline yet, for the most part, which is a silver lining.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

if this genocide goes through with absolutely no consequences, within 10 years we will begin machine gunning anything that moves across the border with Mexico

who am I kidding we’re gonna do that anyways

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1712828245010194678

Blowback theme song starts playing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Quds News Network posted:

In one of Tel Aviv's main streets, Israelis hang up signs that say “Victory looks like zero people in Gaza,” and “Genocide Gaza.”
(from t.me/QudsNen/82175, via tgsa)

I don't speak Hebrew so I'm not sure of this translation

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hunter bidens laptop has the codes to bypass Iron dome

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i guarantee if some us ship gets sunk or whatever assuming this conflict expands bloodthirst will reach critical levels

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Good morning

Jihadi morning 🌞

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarabrae posted:

any vocal dissent against wholesale genocide will result in getting cancelled faster than the Dixie Chicks

that poo poo with Harvard is loving insane

Reading this post as I donate to doctors without borders rather than PCRF because I assume donating to PCRF is gonna be considered supporting terrorism by monday.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are. There's a Chiefs forum I've been going to for like two decades and they spun off all politics chat to a quarantine zone (because the mods got tired of every game day thread bickering about barsack o'crumbo) which I usually ignore but was morbidly curious about what they say in their I/P thread. The first response to the OP was a post that basically said "Well, what the gently caress did Israel expect? You can't push people around like that and keep them imprisoned and not expect them to fight back" and about half the posters agree with that, and it's a very chuddy politics zone and largely midwestern. They're the people who would have been 100% on board with invading Iraq.

This has been my experience moving out of a big North East city. It feels somewhat comforting that not everyone is buying all the BS and they're very tired of every global conflict the US has to assert itself in.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Danru posted:

Blinken making the rounds, the US is nervous lol:

https://x.com/robbiegramer/status/1712833584606699598?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

I'm sure everyone is aware but there have been very large pro Palestinian demonstrations today in all of these countries

Blinken, as we know, does not believe in the merit of diplomacy nor is he capable of it either. So these meetings probably consisted of veiled threats which likely only annoyed the countries he visited.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Al! posted:

good morning, jihad morning

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

These people are heroes. No one in the West could even imagine this level of bravery.

I know my words are powerless here but I don't want them to go down as martyrs. I want them to be victorious. Total, uncritical support to all Palestinians.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hunter bidens laptop has the codes to bypass Iron dome

:gb2gbs:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

VoicesCanBe posted:

These people are heroes. No one in the West could even imagine this level of bravery.

I know my words are powerless here but I don't want them to go down as martyrs. I want them to be victorious. Total, uncritical support to all Palestinians.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If they instituted a draft the riots would be insane.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1712816554117648574

Gunther is crack pinging

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

titty_baby_ posted:

Yeah the Faustian deal Nixon made was that the USA wouldn't tear itself apart in exchange for the draft never coming back

We'll see

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

It's not entirely elite driven. Though social media is very astroturfed, especially on reddit, there's no doubt a large contingent of English speakers online that have gone into a total genocidal frenzy.

It's just not being seen offline yet, for the most part, which is a silver lining.

the "9/11 panic giving you a blank check" strat requires everyone to be super on-board early on though, the more tepid response has rattled the elites a bit

it won't stop them ofc but still

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1712805700991119399

hooo doggy

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the last time the US instituted a draft it resulted in a near complete collapse of the military as a fighting force in Vietnam, years of finger-pointing and recriminations, and a complete overhaul of how the military even conceptualizes itself, and if they ever do it again it's going to be moot because the nukes will start flying before you're ever called up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

if it came down to it they would absolutely try though

i remember there being a couple republicans who are super obsessed with bringing it back but they have 0 traction so it's unlikely

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gradenko_2000 posted:

Good morning

Jihadi morning 🌞

multiple schools closed today in my area :psyduck:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

jfc

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgr9lO3Amu8
Jihad Jams!

:honked::nyan::pgabz::parrot::pgabz::nyan::honked:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smarxist posted:

reading D&D and reddit at the same time is how belushi died, they called it a screedball

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for the u.s even hinting that one of israel's whims won't be immediately indulged is like a massive rebuke

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fosborb posted:

kids in your area: so jihadi day is a new holiday? jihad kicks rear end

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Atrocious Joe posted:

(from t.me/QudsNen/82175, via tgsa)

I don't speak Hebrew so I'm not sure of this translation

Google Image translate came up with this:

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Ohtori Akio posted:

you hope to get poz cum in your rear end and that's why you log into grindr nightly and upload a brand new hole pic

cool, lets get a little homophobia in the mix here

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

has there been any footage of a fixed wing aircraft being shot down since the Ukrainian invasion began that wasn’t just arma 3 footage

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1712811474135949398

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i think joe means like "its a tall order, but i believe in the people of palestine and their ability to self ethnic cleanse"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BearsBearsBears posted:

How do you respond to somebody using this argument? I've heard it in real life and anticipate that I will again. I'll probably have to be "civil" as well.

that ethnic cleansing is still genocide

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Is the primary operation posts/headquarters/barracks of Hezbollah underground/bunkers? Curious as to where there fighting force waits it out before being called up. Also, if anyone has any good readings on the 2006 war would appreciate it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It not even taking a week for the message to go from "Hamas brought this upon Gaza by targeting civilians'" to the Israeli president saying "Innocent civilians aren't real" makes me think the Israeli leadership doesn't believe time is on their side

The US cable channels are all only talking about Israeli babies killed and the victims at the rave

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

fosborb posted:

lol. did they even close schools on September 12th 2001?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my extremely libby elderly parents, including my Jewish mother, are not on board at all for ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. this is something the natsec blob wants but Americans are absolutely not going for it.

I think you can see that - the tone of the fervent Israel backers in the western media is verging on panic. they know that they’re losing their audience. we don’t manufacture anything in America anymore, not even consent.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

It not even taking a week for the message to go from "Hamas brought this upon Gaza by targeting civilians'" to the Israeli president saying "Innocent civilians aren't real" makes me think the Israeli leadership doesn't believe time is on their side

The US cable channels are all only talking about Israeli babies killed and the victims at the rave

they were hoping for a 9/11 style "everyone loses their minds and gives you a blank cheque to just invade/terrorize anywhere" and instead got "ehhhhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

When the federal government starts talking like an overwhelmed soda jerk at the sock hop you know theyre pissed