Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I knew this day would come eventually but having regular Nick Fury show up on the collection track is still disappointing, especially when there are still so many series 3 cards I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Bisse posted:

Tried Mr Negative a lot and he can be really good and satisfying to pull off, but he is 1000% feast or famine based on your draw luck, it's one of those decks where your skills as a player matter less, and also the win rate to make it worthwhile just isn't there. It's a fun theme, but a bad deck, and most crucially, gets boring fast.

Ouch! I suppose you're right in one way that it's based more on luck of the draw than straight skill but then again lots of decks rely on good draws. I've personally won a fair few games without even drawing Mr N, especially since getting Silver Surfer. Ofc if I don't draw Neg, Wong or Mystique then I am pretty screwed.

I managed to get to 80 for the first time with my Negative Surfer deck, but now yo-yoing around 80 like I did at 70 last couple of seasons. I had a brief foray into playing Patriot and then Kazar decks at the beginning of the season, those got me from 40-60ish really easily. Always end up back with Mr Negative though, I have a sickness.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Starsnostars posted:

I knew this day would come eventually but having regular Nick Fury show up on the collection track is still disappointing, especially when there are still so many series 3 cards I want.

As opposed to Irregular Nick Fury?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Red posted:

As opposed to Irregular Nick Fury?

They gave out a Sam Jackson autographed Nick Fury at some point. Anyone that didn’t have regular Nick Fury at that point would still eventually unlock it on the track, “wasting” an unlock.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bisse posted:

Tried Mr Negative a lot and he can be really good and satisfying to pull off, but he is 1000% feast or famine based on your draw luck, it's one of those decks where your skills as a player matter less, and also the win rate to make it worthwhile just isn't there. It's a fun theme, but a bad deck, and most crucially, gets boring fast.

I did well in Conquest using a Negative/Jane deck - once Mr. N flips all your 0-power cards, Jane can pull them into your hand. It only really works in Conquest, because you'll never consistently pull the cards you need, but you can do well enough in Conquest if you snap/retreat right.

Basically, your plan is:

T1: Nebula
T2: Angela, Elsa, Armor, Cage, or what have you
T3: Magik
T4: Mr. Negative
T5: Jane
T6-7: Iron Man, Mystique, Sunspot, etc.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

canyonero posted:

They gave out a Sam Jackson autographed Nick Fury at some point. Anyone that didn’t have regular Nick Fury at that point would still eventually unlock it on the track, “wasting” an unlock.

Ohhhhh yeah. That was from before I started playing. Can you still get the signature Nick, or will that appear in a bundle or something?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Generally speaking, outside of a limited number of beta items that live players never had a chance of getting the official response on re-runs of timed or exclusive variants is “get hosed”.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Just broke infinite with Loki Collector of all decks. I didn't feel confident with the deck but I was just stuck at 95 playing everything else under the sun and somehow the deck just clicked for me.

fakeedit: This season has definitely had the hardest infinite climb yet, at least for me. Meta's just wide open and everyone's playing for 1-2 cubes all of the time

rngd in the womb fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 13, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Red posted:

Ohhhhh yeah. That was from before I started playing. Can you still get the signature Nick, or will that appear in a bundle or something?
No I think that was a one time deal

I did see that there was a Storm variant that was given away for free last year that now shows up as an Ultimate variant in the token shop. But I doubt the SLJ auto variant comes back.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's a fun, moderately successful deck folks are using these days? Got to the 90s last weekend and my Guardians/Alioth deck has been eating poo poo ever since.

I have an Elsa Junk deck I'm trying that's not horrible, but it comes down to a lot of 50/50 T6's, not ideal for earning cubes

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

What's a fun, moderately successful deck folks are using these days? Got to the 90s last weekend and my Guardians/Alioth deck has been eating poo poo ever since.

I have an Elsa Junk deck I'm trying that's not horrible, but it comes down to a lot of 50/50 T6's, not ideal for earning cubes

Not sure what the right name for them are but Shuri + Red skull + Taskmaster decks are pretty great still, just got to infinite with it earlier in the week. Your plays and lines and pretty simple but you put out so much power you it doesn't matter. Lets you use more brain power to outplay the opponent too.

Also easy to know when you're beat so you hardly ever lose more then 1 cube.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

What's a fun, moderately successful deck folks are using these days?

I have been steadily racking up infinite tickets with this all <P4 Shuri/Sauron:

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhdXJvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9XX0=
#

only advice it needs:
don't play Maw unless Zeroed or Sauron'd
Shuri/Skull in the Armor lane
best Shuri target: Skull, second best: Vision

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bisse posted:

I played a Negative deck for a while and enjoyed it. I agree with everything else, and don't think it actually is playable in the current state of the game. In addition to the requisite cards just now showing up half the time, MMM is absolutely prevelant and completely wrecks the deck. If they made negative immune to MMM, it would still wouldn't be enough to make the deck actually good, but in the current meta playing it is masochistic.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I feel like I need to update my old as poo poo go-to decks. I have a Devil Dino deck that was made like... 2 months after release? I'm noticing a lot of people recently making GBS threads on Aero, and I noticed she wasn't as cool as I remembered, so I gotta replace her out I guess.

Is Devil Dino really a deck anymore? I haven't really seen it on my climb using Destruction ( Which while it can definitely get screwed, is a ton of fun ). I just today removed Hulk Buster for Luke Cage as I have been frustrated by all these decks that are running the unlock abilities dude ( High something ), and the stuff like Hazmat/absorbing man/odin combo which really poo poo in my cereal.

Hulk buster while amazing if I can get it to hit Deadpool, is not as consistent as just using Forge, especially when it's a turn 1 play now!

E: Checked out Untapped.gg and apparently I have all the pieces for Shuri/Sauron. Guess I'll be looking up some YouTube videos on how the deck plays. Outside the obvious Sauron, Shuri into RedSkull I guess...

E2: Just saw this... derp

Fate Accomplice posted:

I have been steadily racking up infinite tickets with this all <P4 Shuri/Sauron:

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhdXJvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9XX0=
#

only advice it needs:

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 13, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Iron Patriot still does work

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

I finally ran patriot to infinite last night - I’d run the Iron Lad version except I don’t have Iron Lad yet. This season has been odd, I hit the 90s easily the first day of the reset with Guardians/Alioth and I’ve just been spinning my wheels since with that and an Elsa list. A lot of people seem to retreat immediately if you snap at any point, so kinda slow going.

e: this was my actual list:
code:
# (0) Wasp
# (1) Forge
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Brood
# (3) Rogue
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUGF0cmlvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbGlvdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vYml1c01Nb2JpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
^ efb

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

An Elsa deck that makes use of Jeff/Vision/Kitty is super fun. I have this deck that's been a load of fun:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Hobo Clown posted:

I took C2 to infinite yesterday, I will say it benefited from easily getting the extra draw from The Abbey making it more consistent. Otherwise it's still a fun deck but you just need to recognise the (many) bad locations and retreat accordingly.

code:

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Goose
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTHVrZUNhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJyb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNclNpbmlzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Last King posted:

huh?! if you've been using quicksilver instead of nebula... :commissar:

Turns out I never unlocked Nebula to begin with. But I did switch to Forge as my second 1 card (Agent 13 is my other) and it's working out. Forge followed by Silk has been a good combo.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Thanks for all the answers! Plenty of decks to try out this weekend. I had a similar Shuri/Sauron deck using She-Hulk & Titania, but this one seems much more viable. Opponents dropping Armor -> Shuri -> Vision -> Taskmaster is largely why the GOTG deck kept failing.

First game I tried Iron Patriot I got a mirror match, except they had Onslaught and destroyed me, so I tried swapping him in for Chavez. TBD how effective that is

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Shuri got me from 95 to Infinite in 6 matches, 4 of them being 8 cubers over bots. Always enjoy that t6 Daredevil play in a lane they had already lost by 18...

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Fate Accomplice posted:

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
#
#

only advice it needs:

Thanks for resurrecting this deck in the thread. I had been bouncing between 95 and 99 with a bunch of different decks. Ran this for an hour and it was a quick and easy run to 100.

canyonero posted:

Shuri got me from 95 to Infinite in 6 matches, 4 of them being 8 cubers over bots. Always enjoy that t6 Daredevil play in a lane they had already lost by 18...

It was bizarre how aggressively opponents snap against this thing - and how many bots I faced.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I need Taskmaster to show up to claim, I've used that deck without him and it's worked fine, used it to get infinite the month before last but it feels like that'll push it way higher and more reliably.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Never thought I'd say this but I really with I had Echo.. She's a little utility card that I never thought I'd want until now. Don't know how I've dodged her for so long.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Thanks for all the answers! Plenty of decks to try out this weekend. I had a similar Shuri/Sauron deck using She-Hulk & Titania, but this one seems much more viable. Opponents dropping Armor -> Shuri -> Vision -> Taskmaster is largely why the GOTG deck kept failing.

First game I tried Iron Patriot I got a mirror match, except they had Onslaught and destroyed me, so I tried swapping him in for Chavez. TBD how effective that is
I use Onslaught instead of Chavez and that works

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

New Leaf posted:

Never thought I'd say this but I really with I had Echo.. She's a little utility card that I never thought I'd want until now. Don't know how I've dodged her for so long.

For what?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

She would be good in a Shuri Sauron deck but I’m not burning 6000 tokens on her

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cozy put out a Wong/Tiger deck with a lot of outs like adding Panther and Doom and Zola and all thst. Echo helps defend against Cosmo. I'm using Invisible Woman instead but it would be nice to have a cheaper option.

I have no illusions of beating Conquest so I'm using this as an opportunity to play "fun it not the greatest" decks.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Why the gently caress can I get VARIANTS in collectors caches when I barely have any S3 cards

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Beasteh posted:

Why the gently caress can I get VARIANTS in collectors caches when I barely have any S3 cards

Because the output of boxes over time is fixed and a certain number of them have to be cosmetics like variants

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
C3 is a fun deck to play, there's a bunch of 3 cost cards that are good tech options vs large swaths of the meta so it lets you actually engage with what the opponent is doing

that said it's not nearly as effective as the Shuri decks where you can basically ignore the opponent

wyoak fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 13, 2023

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm running this list to climb, very reliable and resistant to lockdown/alioth. Shuri's a rough matchup but otherwise you've got a great shot against everything else.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
my favorite deck to play over the last few weeks is this guy (I think from a KMBest video), maybe not the fastest climber but it makes for interesting games

# (1) Forge
# (1) Ghost-Spider
# (1) Human Torch
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Multiple Man
# (3) Venom
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Phoenix Force
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Nimrod
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RTcGlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bWFuVG9yY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNdWx0aXBsZU1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVQaG9lbml4Rm9yY2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pbXJvZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmVkU2t1bGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifV19
#

It's got a couple of main lines - obviously Shuri->Skull->Taskmaster, or Shuri->Nimrod->Venom&Carnage, but the fun ones are Multiple Man or Torch getting eaten on or before turn 3, then revived with Phoenix Force on 4, then you can spread the power around (if mulitple man) while also going Skull-Taskmaster, or nimrod-venom, or you just move the revived torch around until 6 and play an absolutely massive Taskmaster (that line's gotta watch for Killmonger though). Ghost Spider I'm not totally sold on, but it can get an extra double onto Torch and has saved my Shuri->Nimrod line once or twice, and I can't think of anything else that'd work better there.

The Forge change to 1 energy made the Multiple Man line stronger so that was nice. Because your power moves around the board it makes it harder to die to Alioth and having multiple lines means less dead hands so more fun.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 13, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wyoak posted:

C3 is a fun deck to play, there's a bunch of 3 cost cards that are good tech options vs large swaths of the meta so it lets you actually engage with what the opponent is doing

that said it's not nearly as effective as the Shuri decks where you can basically ignore the opponent

You say this, but C3 and Patriot got ne into the 70s while Shuri has lost me 4 ranks.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Having a bit of fun with this, and it's good for 2 of the weekend missions too, could probably also fit elsa in there too

# (1) The Hood
# (2) Black Widow
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Viper
# (3) Green Goblin
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Man-Thing
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) Crossbones
# (4) Sentry
# (5) Hobgoblin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tXaWRvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpcGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFuVGhpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9tZWdhUmVkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50cnkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNyb3NzYm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifV19
#

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got Dan Hipp Shanna as a mystery variant gently caress yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got Dan Hipp Drax, but I already have Luchador Drax :ohdear:

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I got Dan Hipp Drax, but I already have Luchador Drax :ohdear:

An embarrassment of riches

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bad Video Games posted:

You say this, but C3 and Patriot got ne into the 70s while Shuri has lost me 4 ranks.

I'm only in the 60's but I'm losing way more games with Shuri than winning. I think I need to be way more aggressive with retreating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
My problem with Shuri was that I could never seem to draw Shuri by four, and if you don't have Shuri your gameplan is kind of bad. It's why I gravitate to good cards lists-they aren't really dependent on one card in particular so its less likely I lose automatically by drawing poorly.