Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rodgers only said mr. pfizer because he got paid that much and it worked out well for pat. he sucks though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think it is funny how Pat McAfee is worried that this is going to be seen as some kind of betrayal of the public trust. It was actually smart to pay Rodgers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Legit what? It’s just a fratbro entertainment stream. He pays because Rodgers brings him lots of viewers.

He wants to play journalist when it suits him. I don't see another reason for him to be upset about it at all otherwise.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/melinasphotos/status/1712607842727846279?t=YOX8ZR20zqcOydEOkGqxJw&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Dallas Clark owned.

DT Michael Carter, who was a starter for the 49ers on three of their Super Bowl teams in the 80s, won a silver medal in the shot put in the 1984 Summer Olympics.

If you wanna go way back, Bob Hayes had a few gold medals and also ended up in the HoF.

Michael Bates was a bronze medalist and an all pro returner for the panthers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess Carolina’s not trading for him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's not wrong

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

No lies detected and Carolina should still be calling Denver

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It is somewhat wild to me that Steve Smith ended up with a post playing media career, he has the angriest linebacker-esque view of the world.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kalli posted:

Pretty much, Colts - Dolphins 2009

Why do I remember the most trivial BS, but I can't remember why I entered a room seconds after I entered it. I am almost certain I didn't watch this game and only saw highlights.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1712615435907035450?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmao Steve Smith owns

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

It is somewhat wild to me that Steve Smith ended up with a post playing media career, he has the angriest linebacker-esque view of the world.

he is the angriest dude ive ever seen play receiver. just an absolute ball of rage.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

N: Deshaun Watson missed practice again

His injury seems bogus as all the reporting is so vague and it really feels like he's sitting out again for whatever reason. He's also refused to talk to the media since this started.

Maybe this can be the start of a series of events that void his stupid fully guaranteed contract and we can be rid of the bad man who is also bad at football? Probably not, but I can dream.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

I met the man once, he's also built like a linebacker.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lmao Steve Smith owns

:hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He ain't wrong.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I wake up before my alarm because I have inconsiderate toddlers

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm recalling steve smith catching a pass where he a corner hit and broke his arm right as he caught it. he did not hesitate one bit. he stayed up and just barrelled like 25yd into the endzone through like three tacklers or something.

i think he finished the game too? then played the next week?

the man was on a different level and god he owned.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfNkUjBVkm0

ok not quite. but he did somehow stay up and keep going for a bit into the endzone.

did he play the next week?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 13, 2023

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

man i forgot about kluwe

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Borsche69 posted:

man i forgot about kluwe

For a hot minute, he was the hero of TFF

Then he just wouldn't shut the gently caress up

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

23 was way, way late on picking that Mahomes run up

e: wrong thread

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Black Sunshine posted:

For a hot minute, he was the hero of TFF

Then he just wouldn't shut the gently caress up

pretty much like any SA forum hero

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wrong thread

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Pretty much, Colts - Dolphins 2009

syzpid posted:

Why do I remember the most trivial BS, but I can't remember why I entered a room seconds after I entered it. I am almost certain I didn't watch this game and only saw highlights.

I did watch this game live and no matter what you got from highlights or the the stat sheet it was more amazing than you think.

Just the most grindingly brutally painful for the defense drives from the Dolphins all night. And then they'd have to kick off and the Colts were like zip/zoop, into the end zone. And then the Colts D had to go out there right away for another brutally painful drive. The only thing wrong with that game is the Dolphins should have won it just for the large men pushing other large men backwards and winning aspect of things.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 13, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

I think it is funny how Pat McAfee is worried that this is going to be seen as some kind of betrayal of the public trust. It was actually smart to pay Rodgers.

That’s the opposite of what his tweet said.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress Chris Kluwe, dude has reddit brain. Just a complete moron who thought he was the smartest funniest guy in the room.

Jeremy Bloom is my favorite Olympian turned almost NFL player but that's mostly because his sister is Molly Bloom that they made a movie about with Jessica Chastain that was pretty ok.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1712824060411801919?t=0YL2DpC94fYLA_kwR8V20A&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sean stays winning - let’s ride

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1712853720935866814?s=46

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Remember, kids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IUR4gkPIE
Had to look it up and is there a more New York Football Giants QB name than Tommy DeVito?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

Remember, kids:
Had to look it up and is there a more New York Football Giants QB name than Tommy DeVito?

Joey Bologna

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Remember, kids:

"First things first, man, you're fuckin' with the worst" checks out for Danny Dimes, though maybe not in the way ODB meant it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We might see the murder of a franchise in primetime this week.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Going all Highlander mode until there's one New York team left.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Diva Cupcake posted:

a.) we just did
2.) but enough about the Patriots :v:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

COTY has had a rough track record on follow-through ever since Nagy in 2018.

• 2018 - Nagy - Double doink in the playoffs, went 8-8 twice, then got fired
  • 2019 - Harbaugh - went back to the playoffs and lost to the Titans, then 8-9. Seems stable though, Harb's probably fine.
  • 2020 - Stefanski - 8-9, traded for Deshaun, 7-10
  • 2021 - Vrabel - 7-10
  • 2022 - Daboll - *gestures at this year's Giants*

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

COTY is probably disproportionally given to coaches of teams that overachieve relative to talent level so it makes sense

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AndrewP posted:

COTY is probably disproportionally given to coaches of teams that overachieve relative to talent level so it makes sense

Well, prior to Nagy it'd gone to coaches who were either perennial winners or in very stable situations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

McVay, Garrett, Rivera x2, Arians x2, Harbaugh (Jim), Belichick x3, Marvin Lewis, Mike Smith, Payton, Lovie, Reid...

You have to go all the way back to Jauron in 2001 to find a coach who collapsed after winning it and got fired. Jauron went 12-4 with the Bears, won COTY, then went 4-12 and 7-9 and was relieved of his coaching duties.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
*taps mic*

Ahem.

Pats dead so what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Going all Highlander mode until there's one New York team left.

I vote for the Nets.