Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

taking the leash off a pit bull in a kindergarten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

ELTON JOHN posted:

theyre gonna bomb the southern gaza strip

everyone move out of the north part of Gaza!!!!

*bombs southern strip*

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Wtf

speng31b has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Oct 14, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Crazypoops posted:

Yeah there's enough evidence, you could post that the IDF is turning babies into meatballs at a pizzeria and I'd nod solemnly

falafelgate

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

a helpful bear posted:

lol guy on ABC News said Neo Nazis in the US and Hamas have a shared enemy

Trying to scare everyone that there will be attacks on synagogues in the US. Insane

people I know at Jewish institutions here in nyc are convinced that attacks are imminent and demanding their workplaces be closed

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

RIYADH, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is putting U.S.-backed plans to normalise ties with Israel on ice, two sources familiar with Riyadh's thinking said, signalling a rapid rethinking of its foreign policy priorities as war escalates between Israel and Palestinian group Hamas.

The conflict has also pushed the kingdom to engage with Iran. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took his first phone call from Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi as Riyadh tries to prevent a broader surge in violence across the region.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/hamiltonnolan/status/1712851815132188902

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

err posted:

feels bleak. all i can do is work at my lovely job and post dti

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

RIYADH, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is putting U.S.-backed plans to normalise ties with Israel on ice, two sources familiar with Riyadh's thinking said, signalling a rapid rethinking of its foreign policy priorities as war escalates between Israel and Palestinian group Hamas.

The conflict has also pushed the kingdom to engage with Iran. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took his first phone call from Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi as Riyadh tries to prevent a broader surge in violence across the region.

Nice work Israel

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

oh god i thought Global Jihad Day was just something ginned up by the usual right wing wackos but the local school district superintendent sent out an email last night.

quote:

This evening, I have communicated with all three of our local police agencies in order to ensure that there are no specific or credible threats to the [DISTRICT] Schools. While there are no concerns, I’ve requested and our police chiefs have confirmed that there will be additional police presence at our schools tomorrow. I feel it is prudent to operate out of an abundance of extreme caution. If you see anything unusual please contact the police in your area.

what the hell lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it was a "coup" because usarael hosed up trying to fix the elections, ssame as venezuela

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

a helpful bear posted:

Trying to scare everyone that there will be attacks on synagogues in the US. Insane

I’m sure the fbi will find some mentally challenged individuals to do exactly that sooner rather than later

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MSF/status/1711058462673617081
https://twitter.com/MSF/status/1712886892885061811

Another hospital being evacuated in Gaza. MSF operates out of this one.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

They're not just kids you rear end in a top hat idiots they're college students they're loving adults

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

people I know at Jewish institutions here in nyc are convinced that attacks are imminent and demanding their workplaces be closed

lol

If Israel really did get the greenlight to expand their slaughter outside Israel and Gaza, I think people in Islamic institutions have more to worry about (than they already do)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they're just soft widdle babies

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

im looking forward to the defeat of the softboy ground invasion. morale has to be absolutely shattered on the front line already, theyll be marching into unknown territory where death will leap out of every doorway and vacant window

Also the Gaza Division, the one with experience and training for Gaza, as well as the supporting intelligence units based near there, were the ones that were routed last weekend.

Imagine half the leadership of the Ulster Defence Regiment was killed or captured and then the Brits have to send the Territorial Army into Belfast.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

obama yelling at biden over the phone to classify msf as a terrorist organization

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're just soft widdle babies

They came expecting their diapers to be changed, instead they just got a rash and cried

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
It's incredible how there's an actual genocide going on and nobody in the region is doing anything

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

doing the biggest loudest longest BUHHHH???? in the world

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1712834083837919500

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

moths posted:

I was concerned about a nuclear option after that impossible evacuation order.

Imagine thinking that Israel would overreact!

Why would Israel ever nuke an area they could potentially occupy and settle in the near future?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

doing the biggest loudest longest BUHHHH???? in the world

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1712834083837919500

the funniest part is that he's on record acting hurt and appalled when Adam Johnson told him "you know Hawley's lying about free speech, for a fact, and you're cozying up to him anyway"

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

here's Bloomberg's latest explainer for How We Got Here:

https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1712881599153352829

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Retromancer posted:

Why would Israel ever nuke an area they could potentially occupy in the near future?

Because the effects of limited nuclear exchanges and contamination are deeply overblown and Israel more than has the resources and manpower for cleanup, especially after they fully absorb Gaza and demote all remaining Palestinians into a slave class

At this point I'm not asking "if" but "when" especially if Saudi Arabia or Iran joins the conflict or starts supporting a proxy

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SHUT THE gently caress UP!!!!

gently caress every country treating Israel like a golden child who can do whatever it wants.

Equeen has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Oct 13, 2023

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh geez... umm fyi..just wanted to give you a heads up. when you say that there were more than six million victims of communism, you are downplaying the holocaust. thats doing holocaust denial

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol how did this guy manage to trick stanford into hiring him in the first place

The instructor then illustrated his point by asking some students to physically go to the back of class. “That’s what Israel does to Palestinians,” the teacher said, according to Greenberg.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

post COVID posted:

The instructor then illustrated his point by asking some students to physically go to the back of class. “That’s what Israel does to Palestinians,” the teacher said, according to Greenberg.

can you imagine the trauma of having this done to you??? in a class???!!!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

webcams for christ posted:

israel stole land and are doing a genocide to get the rest of the land

simple as

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
I worked in an academia adjacent position recently and my experience with people in tenured academic roles is that they're somebody's useless kid about 3000% of the time which is why they're so bad at making arguments and accomplishing basic work

Like I appreciate what this guy was trying to do, just lmao the way he illustrated this point just seems dumb as hell

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

PawParole posted:

the great author Isaac Asimov 40 years ago.

The tv show The Foundation on Apple TV+ is great. The themes in the show feel relevant to the issues today and it’s the best produced Sci Fi show I’ve seen since Battlestar Galatica.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

err posted:

israel stole land and are doing a genocide to get the rest of the land

simple as

admitting that would allow the unraveling of the whole colonial enterprise and we can’t allow that. genocide it is

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Also the Gaza Division, the one with experience and training for Gaza, as well as the supporting intelligence units based near there, were the ones that were routed last weekend.

Imagine half the leadership of the Ulster Defence Regiment was killed or captured and then the Brits have to send the Territorial Army into Belfast.

Wasn't that basically the cycle seen in the Bloody Sunday of 21 November 1920. The IRA took out a whole lot of British intelligence assets in the morning, and the British responded by massacring civilians later in the day in blind fury.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jesus Christ, 26 beds is loving nothing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

External Organs posted:

Jesus Christ, 26 beds is loving nothing

our tiny hospital serving a way smaller population also not under the cloud of a mass murder has way more active beds

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

we can talk about the oopsies once nothing's left of Gaza

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Because the effects of limited nuclear exchanges and contamination are deeply overblown and Israel more than has the resources and manpower for cleanup, especially after they fully absorb Gaza and demote all remaining Palestinians into a slave class

At this point I'm not asking "if" but "when" especially if Saudi Arabia or Iran joins the conflict or starts supporting a proxy

MBS is basically one of Israel's biggest allies at this point and Iran will do nothing but keep covertly sending aid to Hamas because they know an overt action will bring down the hammer of the US military. I guarantee Israel will not nuke Gaza.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Al! posted:

our tiny hospital serving a way smaller population also not under the cloud of a mass murder has way more active beds

Same. There are more people in Gaza than in my entire state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

hmm, permanent solution. sounds familiar