Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Dad gamers are the ones with one, often interrupted, hour of playtime after putting kids to bed. They were saying the game's good two months after release when they were finishing Act 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Vic posted:

Dad gamers are the ones with one, often interrupted, hour of playtime after putting kids to bed. They were saying the game's good two months after release when they were finishing Act 1.

My guy this season got to level 37 :c00l:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1712861150533095693/video/1

1000*40% = 1040 ????

40% of 1000 is 400 so where the gently caress did 1040 come from

Already deleted lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Embarrassing Blizzard....

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

External Organs posted:

(I have no idea what I will say if I ever get to zero, usually my kid is super good whenever I initiate this countdown. Someday she'll call my bluff)

Tickles, delivered with love

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
imagine running the pr campaign a multi billion dollar corporation and being unable to do third grade math

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lazy Blizz, expecting me to do compounding interest problems in my head to figure out lucky hit coefficients but unable to do simple multiplication...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You now gain +15% poison resistance and +10% xp gains (multiplicative) if you're fully vaccinated.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vic posted:

What do you call it when your adhd makes it so you can't play for more than like 30 minutes before your mind starts wandering? Cuz that's me. Game on one screen, internet on another, pod cast playing, probably looking at my phone too.

Real post: I'm actually optimistic about this upcoming season and looking forward to seeing if I can actually run a poison werewolf build.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I really enjoyed the Reddit teen backlash against dad gamers where they just all started mockingly posting that they have only six and a half nanoseconds to play the game and have to walk uphill both ways to get to their desktop

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yeah the number of guys lumbering into the subreddit to declare that D4 was a fantastic game and they're eager to see the end of Act 5 was pretty funny.

I appreciate this stupid trailer proving me right about that time they had two level designers pilot premade 50s without giving them 2 minutes of how-to. Like drat Blizzard, you have a reasonable idea and then you just blow off the simplest of details like basic mathematics. I guess we know why resistances originally didn't work! Or we can joke about it, hah.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The amount of people at Bliz that "don't give a poo poo" must be large. That's what happens when morale is low and leadership is poo poo or turns over alot

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Well the Activision blizzard Microsoft buyout finalized today so time for another round of hopium for the people stuck in 1998

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1712861150533095693/video/1

1000*40% = 1040 ????

40% of 1000 is 400 so where the gently caress did 1040 come from

Imagine accidentally hitting + instead of * on your calculator and doing zero sanity checks before dunking the number in the trailer.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Soonmot posted:

What do you call it when your adhd makes it so you can't play for more than like 30 minutes before your mind starts wandering? Cuz that's me. Game on one screen, internet on another, pod cast playing, probably looking at my phone too.

I have games that help me hyperfocus like Factorio, Space Engineers, Terraria, and building/management sims in general. All Diablo games are in this group too.

But not D4, because it's all weird hurdles to everything. It's full of anti flow state moments.

Some poster itt said something like "Driving fast over speed bumps and complaining it's rough" which describes this perfectly.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tonetta posted:

Well the Activision blizzard Microsoft buyout finalized today so time for another round of hopium for the people stuck in 1998

hopium for what, D4 coming to gamepass? condor/north haven’t been around since what, 2001?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

lagidnam posted:

They released a small teaser video on their Twitter to show some of the changes in season 2. I start to see why the game is like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNbF1Z_V_k&t=134s

lmao

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

lmao we’re hosed

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Watch the patch be delayed lol

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Finding out when they say the 40% is additive but what they really meant is the 40 is additive.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Tarnop posted:

There's a small part of me that's a little sad I won't complete season 1, but season 2 is going to be so much less of a slog. I'm actually looking forward to trying to do it this time

This is me, except I’ve actually been jumping on and playing a few hours every day, but I’m only level 62 so there’s no way I’ll complete the season.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ah i see they borrowed the math from how resistances work

lagidnam posted:

They released a small teaser video on their Twitter to show some of the changes in season 2. I start to see why the game is like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNbF1Z_V_k&t=134s

100% worth watching that from the beginning

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 14, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

ah i see they borrowed the math from how resistances work

100% worth watching that from the beginning

for extra laughs, click on the diablo twitter and look at the view to interaction ratios to any of their posts

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tonetta posted:

click on ... twitter

No thanks

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

good point, actually

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

harrygomm posted:

hopium for what, D4 coming to gamepass? condor/north haven’t been around since what, 2001?

i would like the star craft games to come to gamepass tbh, they seem cool but ive never played them and the starcraft 2 campaign is insanely expensive for an ancient game

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Bisse posted:

Imagine accidentally hitting + instead of * on your calculator and doing zero sanity checks before dunking the number in the trailer.

The other one is wrong too though, and I can't think of a way to take (1000*1.2)*1.2 and get 1400 easily. I can't think of any ways to do that wrong unless you take (1000*1.2) + (1000*1.2).

Like hitting + instead of * is kind of understandable, but I can't think of any ways of multiplying 1.2*1000*1.2 honestly the parentheses is unnecessary also when you think about it.

I get that whoever made the slides is probably not a dev but the whole enterprise just seems so lazy with how they do things.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

The other one is wrong too though, and I can't think of a way to take (1000*1.2)*1.2 and get 1400 easily. I can't think of any ways to do that wrong unless you take (1000*1.2) + (1000*1.2).

Like hitting + instead of * is kind of understandable, but I can't think of any ways of multiplying 1.2*1000*1.2 honestly the parentheses is unnecessary also when you think about it.

I get that whoever made the slides is probably not a dev but the whole enterprise just seems so lazy with how they do things.

There is not, and has not been, anyone of significant competence at the helm at Blizzard for many, many years.

When you walk into a mall and see some store and wonder, "How are they still in business," that's basically what Blizzard is. No one who made the company what it is has anything to do with it anymore, and no one of consequence ever will again.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

forbidden dialectics posted:

No one who made the company what it is has anything to do with it anymore, and no one of consequence ever will again.

I mean, Metzen is back. I think he's an overrated hack with massive control issues, but his influence on Blizzard is (for better and worse) pervasive

Also, their secret-but-not-really survival game has a pretty smart dude at the helm. Whether they release it - and what state it'll be in - is a giant question mark, but Craig Amai is good people

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

rydiafan posted:

No thanks

whenever i’ve clicked on the “diablo shared a pic” on xbox dashboard it’s also what i’m sure is equally bad. the same 3-4 people posting ascii art and arguing ms vs sony. dire

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

forbidden dialectics posted:

There is not, and has not been, anyone of significant competence at the helm at Blizzard for many, many years.

Hard disagree, dragonflight is excellent.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

runaway dog posted:

This wouldn't even suck it could be like the Famfrit fight in FFXIV just dude dumping water in all directions making your day bad.

personally I'm waiting for the archivist class

Expectation vs reality

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Well, Bobby got fired for that blunder
CEO BOBBY KOTICK IS LEAVING ACTIVISION AT THE END OF 2023

Bobby Kotick posted:

Team,

Today marks a milestone in our company’s celebrated history.

Combining with Microsoft will bring new resources and new opportunities to our extraordinary teams worldwide. It will also enable us to deliver more fun, more joy, and more connection to more players than ever before.

This moment is possible because of your efforts over four decades to innovate, inspire, and achieve.

When Brian Kelly and I began this journey in 1991, we intended to build a company that would have great impact and lasting value. Your tireless work and unwavering commitment to excellence enabled us to do just that. In the 1980s, we pioneered independent, third-party game development with Pitfall, River Raid, and Kaboom. In the 1990s, we united the world with online multiplayer games like MechWarrior, Warcraft, and StarCraft. In the 2000s, we introduced Call of Duty, which became one of the most successful entertainment franchises in history. We also introduced Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, which entered popular culture in ways few videogames ever have. In the 2010s, we debuted Candy Crush Saga, which to date has been downloaded more than five billion times and contributed to our total worldwide players being fifty percent female.

Your dedication is what makes it possible for us to continually push envelopes, break records, and
delight players. Amid the uncertainty of the last 21 months, you’ve remained focused, as always, on
serving our players and supporting each other.

I have long said that I am fully committed to helping with the transition. Phil has asked me to stay on as CEO of ABK, reporting to him, and we have agreed that I will do that through the end of 2023. We both look forward to working together on a smooth integration for our teams and players.

Brian and I couldn’t be more excited for the next chapter for ABK. We now join one of the most
successful global companies, poised for unprecedented opportunities to connect the world through our games.

As a part of Microsoft, we will be even better, together.

Bobby

Vic fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 14, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With any luck his private jet will be too bogged down with severance pay to make it off the runway.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Who do I complain to about login issues? Got the game for PS5 today to play with a few coworkers who’ve been hounding me about it for a couple of months.

Game is updated completely & I logged in fine initially and played for about an hour. Now I’m just getting a Code 12 login error followed by a 300010 error of some sort.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Godspeed Bobby kotick you seem like an rear end in a top hat

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
He was in the Epstein black book.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Lol this is kind of amazing

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Ehud posted:

He gave himself credit for the original Blizzard golden age of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo releases, 8+ years before Activision even sniffed Blizzard. Really shows you how a scumbag CEO imagines themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ehud posted:

The kind of toxic bro culture that came out doesn't happen without leadership being involved in supporting it.