Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
States like these constitute an axis of edema

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Frustratingly low water level in the bowl

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

Trump flushed it 10-15 times

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Swollen face guys stick together

Kim Jong Un doesn't have a swollen face, he's just a fat gently caress

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Jimmybob posted:

Kim Jong Un doesn't have a swollen face, he's just a fat gently caress

Yep. If you take a look at some of the closer full body shots you can see he wears insanely big, baggy suits tailored to hide the fact he's fat as hell. The photos are also usually set up to hide that. Kinda like Trump.

The only plus side put of this would be if the DPRK gets some food aid out of Russia. poo poo got really bad for normal people after the border with China got shut down over COVID and the black markets providing food and medicine to the proles got cut off.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1713127436978675853#m
Have they gone mad? They already lost a huge amount of men, equipment, and vehicles, even aircraft, trying to capture Avdiivka, and now they're making another moronic offensive towards Kupyansk.

Capturing ground before the rains might be the thinking

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Thanks for sharing this one! For a moment I thought they were going to just end up back where they started but they pulled it out. Also I evidently watched Patton too much back in the day, because I was not expecting that turbine engine noise.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Warbadger posted:

Yep. If you take a look at some of the closer full body shots you can see he wears insanely big, baggy suits tailored to hide the fact he's fat as hell. The photos are also usually set up to hide that. Kinda like Trump.

The only plus side put of this would be if the DPRK gets some food aid out of Russia. poo poo got really bad for normal people after the border with China got shut down over COVID and the black markets providing food and medicine to the proles got cut off.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Warbadger posted:

:haibrow: IIRC Kim Jong-Un has been reported to have the 'betus as well.

it would be cool and good for DPRK people to get food, but whats more likely is that Kim will get a literal mountain of rubles, which he will turn right back around and use to buy more modern Chinese weapons for the army :ssh: or restart their nuke program :ssh:

NK (credibly) saber-rattling to SK means the US has to stop supporting Ukraine, right? their APM can only be so high right?

poots-monke.jpg

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

Have they gone mad? They already lost a huge amount of men, equipment, and vehicles, even aircraft, trying to capture Avdiivka, and now they're making another moronic offensive towards Kupyansk.

Mirror universe equivalent of salespeople needing to meet quarterly targets. Generals need to meet pre mud season objective. Huge discounts on Russian lives. Order 2 offensives and we’ll give you 80% off a third.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1713220304854519979#m
Time for Crimea to get its rear end kicked. again.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

zone posted:

"I read in a book once that Stalingrad was won by attacking against an enemy's attack. I call this a counter-attack... I invented that. And... many people don't know this... but it totally worked. More and more people are saying. Mobiks come to me, tears in their eyes, and thank me for my genius."

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Russia decided "gently caress it, lets build our own lithography machines production". What's funny about it is that funds allocated to this program is about 1/10 of what ASML spends on their own research yearly. For reference the Dutch ASML owns about 80% of world market, the rest being divided between Japanese Nikon and Canon. Both of these countries sanction Russia. So, yeah. Important to note that at least half of that budget has to be stolen, otherwise what's the point? Russian news agency Kommersant also reported that the program requires very specific expertise in applied physics and there are literally 5 people with this knowledge still remaining in Russia and they are all either pushing 80 or over 80 years old :D

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Toxic Mental posted:

Looks normal for a European toilet. I think it's only American toilet bowls that are always three-quarters full of water.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1713231948225618230#m
A gigantic explosion (?) of some kind happened in Taganrog.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
Holy gently caress that’s massive

Edit: yeah I guess it could be a storm, the rest of the sky looks so clear though.

Peter Falk fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 14, 2023

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Isn't that just a thunderstorm?

Edit: I guess not. Good lord.

Jasper Tin Neck fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 14, 2023

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

ded posted:

so it's a mine.

No! it-a belongs to Ukraine. mama mia!

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

zone posted:

I dunno what blew up but apparently there is a ton of military related industry in the area.

From the pics I'd guess it was a titanic ammo dump or some sort've similarly titanic propellant factory exploding.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
There were probably a few rare occurrences or someone dropping a landmine in a cigarette factory and we will probably never know about it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

zone posted:

might be only some burning field

https://twitter.com/blinzka/status/1713242816233570713

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I think too that it has to be an atmospheric event. An assplosion so enormous would surely produce more videos and pictures of damage

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

Yeah gotta be someone burning their field like a chump (regenerative agriculture motherfucker)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yep, sounds about right. Hard not to feel bad for the minorities who spent their entire lives being 2nd class citizens only to get press ganged and then thrown into the meatgrinder by some some fat useless gammon.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pretty sure minorities are literally spent at this point. I never hear about Buryat doing this or Chechen doing that anymore.
What I find interesting is Bashkir situation. Out of all Russia's people (which are like 50 or so) everyone seemingly accepted their yoke, slowly diying, language and culture dissapear except Bashkir nationality who actually try to preserve themselves. And yet I never heard of Bashkir atrocities in Ukraine. Do they not draft them in order not to stir poo poo?

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Jet Jaguar posted:

Thanks for sharing this one! For a moment I thought they were going to just end up back where they started but they pulled it out. Also I evidently watched Patton too much back in the day, because I was not expecting that turbine engine noise.

Another weird one is the A1 variant of the M4 Sherman. It's powered by a radial aircraft engine and sounds like an old airplane when it drives by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYsQy3mHV10

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TaurusTorus posted:

I am also curious how an Abrams handles mud because, on the one hand it’s a heavy bastard, but on the other it was designed for a WW3 European land war, so they had to consider this kind of terrain.
ehhhh, it was designed for a Fulda Gap scenario, which wouldn't have the same mud issue. No tank likes mud. No heavy vehicle likes mud.

Bring on the hovercrafts.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sekenr posted:

Pretty sure minorities are literally spent at this point.

Forget the idea of ever seeing twenty two twenty-something Tuvans together post twenty twenty two.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Pretty sure minorities are literally spent at this point. I never hear about Buryat doing this or Chechen doing that anymore.
What I find interesting is Bashkir situation. Out of all Russia's people (which are like 50 or so) everyone seemingly accepted their yoke, slowly diying, language and culture dissapear except Bashkir nationality who actually try to preserve themselves. And yet I never heard of Bashkir atrocities in Ukraine. Do they not draft them in order not to stir poo poo?

IIRC Buryat was one of the only places where they had real demonstrations and beat up officials showing up with draft papers. Maybe they are considered more troublesome than what it is worth to draft them, for now?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Warbadger posted:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

dennyk posted:

Looks normal for a European toilet. I think it's only American toilet bowls that are always three-quarters full of water.

Are you just constantly pre-flushing as the dook drops in that case or something

Sounds like smear city

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrow: IIRC Kim Jong-Un has been reported to have the 'betus as well.

it would be cool and good for DPRK people to get food, but whats more likely is that Kim will get a literal mountain of rubles, which he will turn right back around and use to buy more modern Chinese weapons for the army :ssh: or restart their nuke program :ssh:

NK (credibly) saber-rattling to SK means the US has to stop supporting Ukraine, right? their APM can only be so high right?

poots-monke.jpg
Or Kim Jung Un could be like his dad and just buy luxury stuff like fancy wine and black market Mercedes Benzes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Toxic Mental posted:

Looks like an ordinary Aust toilet.

Toxic Mental posted:

Are you just constantly pre-flushing as the dook drops in that case or something

Sounds like smear city

No, you just sit over the water and Putin away

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Visiting America and dumping in our deep bowl waters must feel like absolute luxury to fully submerge your stinky putins

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Toxic Mental posted:

Visiting America and dumping in our deep bowl waters must feel like absolute luxury to fully submerge your stinky putins

It's very weird and uncomfortable

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

I've been to business trips to US several times and all the hotels have been pretty much the same? Only thing different is that toilet brush doesn't seem to be common clean up afterwards-tool.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Toxic Mental posted:

I assume you have refined the water levels to a point where accidental contact isn't a problem, but I do wonder what the splash situation is like.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

I've been to business trips to US several times and all the hotels have been pretty much the same? Only thing different is that toilet brush doesn't seem to be common clean up afterwards-tool.

Europeans spend massive resources to manufacture plastic brushes that they keep by their toilet in a poo poo-caked state to scrape out the leftover poo poo out of the bowl after they are done making GBS threads

Americans just made the water level in the bowl a couple cms higher. Work smarter, not harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Computer viking posted:

I assume you have refined the water levels to a point where accidental contact isn't a problem, but I do wonder what the splash situation is like.

We call that the American Bidet