Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tristeham posted:

fucks sake lpzie

doing my part, supporting hootington...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tom Guycot posted:

I have a loose theory in my head about why the propaganda seems to be kind of falling flat compared to the effort put into it. Everyone always says people are super easy to manipulate, and they can be, but I also think people have an incredible instinctual impulse to read people really really well, and people also seem to have an incredibly strong instinctual revulsion to crocodile tears and whining for attention. People seem to just grind thier teeth on some deep level at emotional manipulation on an individual basis, and it feels like anyone seeing the talking heads pounding on thier message just give off a huge whiff of bitch made losers doing emotional manipulative whining that people can just sense.

Even stuff like that amy schumer post, people just sneer at rich successful celebrities crying about how tough they have it. I think similar to that when people see Israeli representatives on TV and stuff, they never come across as sad, desperate put upon people, they always have an air that i think humans are really good at just sensing, of entitled, whining, and bossy to get what they want, and any time Palestinians appear in videos online or their rare appearances on TV, its pretty obvious how genuinely shook and desperate they are.

I think you can propagandize past some of that, and in an era of newspapers and stuff where you never got to see humans themselves it was a lot easier, but I think its harder and harder in an era where anyone can appear in video, and video is everywhere, and people on an individual level can't hide whatever deep emotional tells and posture we do that gives away a deeper sense of ourselves that people just pick up on. I think this is why Trump was so successful too in part, people could smell how fake and desperate the people he was against were, whereas trump was absolutely true to his core of a big idiot racist, and never had a deceptive front to that.

It's difficult to make yourself out to be a persecuted victim when there's an almost immediate outpouring of military funding and pledged support from the West whenever someone so much as farts in the general direction of Jerusalem.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

PawParole posted:

Hezbollah is striking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnPSwAqfdjI

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Is Israel going to cause a region-wide war just by lashing out hysterically?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

this rips

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel can't/won't nuke Palestine because of fallout/they want to occupy the land. Syria and Lebanon on the other hand....

also won't nuke palestine because after israel's airstrips are gone why waste the effort. also indiscriminate atomic mass murder actually does make you the bad guy, like america

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

she's right

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/SecBlinken/status/1713267456960037131?s=20

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

and gaza just doesn't exist to the libs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

first they came for seth rogan

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

Is Israel going to cause a region-wide war just by lashing out hysterically?

Yes, along with the United States.

Israel seems hell bent on settling Gaza. Everyone knows it, it’s been obvious for 30 years.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
On one hand I grew up with staunchly atheist/secular Iranian refugee parents one who was jailed and tortured on a near daily basis by religious fundamentalists on the other hand that Hezbollah song slaps.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

Also, won't nuke Palestine because after Israel's airstrips are gone, why waste the effort? Also, indiscriminate atomic mass murder actually does make you the bad guy, like America

What are you talking about? America is the hero! USA! USA! 'MURICA! * Bald eagle that's really a red-tailed hawk screech *

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all these years of smug bashar have given me hope

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dti

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

please, missiles launched from the direction of syria

It might be confusing, but Lebanon/Hezbollah and Syria letting Palestinian militias operate against Israel from their territory is distinct from actually joining the fighting themselves.

Hezbollah has actually struck Israeli targets in the last week as well, but there is still a distinction between that and a total commitment.

Israel also has struck Hezbollah and Syrian targets with airstrikes over the past decade without escalating along the border.

Israel is a criminal state that's been at war since its creation, so the "norms" of the whole region are hosed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

they have no choice. all israelis are drafted.

But doctor - I am the genocidal clown Pagliacci!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1713218379308306768?s=20
IDF showing off before they go in.

Resistance Axis-aligned militias are all over Iraq and Syria, and they've all got rockets and artillery that are well within range of American bases. If America tries following through on defending Israel by bombing Iranian affiliated militias, every US base north of Kuwait is going to get hit. The Iranians wouldn't have to get involved themselves, but if we really wanted to push our luck they've got even more missiles.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jel Shaker posted:

first they came for seth rogan

Lpl

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Mean Baby posted:

Yes, along with the United States.

Israel seems hell bent on settling Gaza. Everyone knows it, it’s been obvious for 30 years.

Both the US and Israel are acting totally unhinged.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1713278523354341634

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

that Hezbollah song slaps.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

RandomBlue posted:

and gaza just doesn't exist to the libs

Liberals are comfortable with the killings in Palestine happening because America is the good guys and only runs into problems when a Republican is President. They all have an itch to go to war with North Korean or maybe even China.

Israel can never be bad to a liberal because a liberal believes they can tell who is bad and good thus they never support a bad person.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That seems like wishful thinking.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

tbh i don't believe this

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO7LglM9z60

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
yea multiple accounts now reporting it. I am shocked Iran would directly interfere but maybe they have some intel that the situation will become existential for the government and need to get ahead of it

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713280180360204658

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Will they send a strongly worded letter?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Perhaps Amy Schumer is indeed standing alone, but because she's talentless and stopped being casted about ten years ago?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israel is a criminal state that's been at war since its creation, so the "norms" of the whole region are hosed.

It's definitely not normal for the IDF to strike the Lebanese army, or for the Lebanese army to shoot back.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/AgeofNapoleon/status/1713270225167405230

Anniversary of the defeat of another overhyped army that did nothing but rest on its laurels

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

yea multiple accounts now reporting it. I am shocked Iran would directly interfere but maybe they have some intel that the situation will become existential for the government and need to get ahead of it

These guys all just repeat what each other say. That said, if you see Israel as a fascist state and recognize that fascist states require a deadly enemy in order to function, then for Iran, eliminating the Palestinians puts them on the chopping block.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiyWGyJcIc

The lion has his own theme song

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

"reporting it"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

These guys all just repeat what each other say. That said, if you see Israel as a fascist state and recognize that fascist states require a deadly enemy in order to function, then for Iran, eliminating the Palestinians puts them on the chopping block.

Lets see how reliable axios is

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/14/iran-warning-israel-hezbollah-hamas-war-gaza

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

30.5 Days posted:

Israel has been trying to start a war between the US and Iran for 40 years.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Starsfan posted:

If the lion of Damascus is truly set to enter the fray the Israelis would do well to reconsider their current course of action...

Lmfao if Bibi gets Who-Must-Go'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'm sure no nearby government really wants to get involved in a conflict but just letting israel genocide millions of Palestinians would, I assume, be extremely unpopular these days