Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Goose reminding the world why he spent most of last year in the press box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Kirby Dach has been injured and won't be back. It's gonna be another one of these seasons isn't it?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MononcQc posted:

Kirby Dach has been injured and won't be back. It's gonna be another one of these seasons isn't it?

god drat it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A PP2 goal? Is that allowed?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

Is the MSG feed of rangers jackets stuttering constantly for anyone else?

this didn't happen on the MSG feed on ESPN+, but Sam did mention some technical difficulties so it probably wasn't just you

however - i just noticed that there's no digital board ads for this game on both the MSG broadcast and the Columbus broadcast. not sure why that is, but it's so nice

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ugh, Sammy that was not a good one

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Boldy:eyepop:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

MononcQc posted:

Lower body, ugh

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1713348884401901753?s=20

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cole...... you beautiful little guy

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't want to see Erik Gudbranson try to clear the zone ever again unless there is no opposing skater within 200 miles.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

cole caufield is definitely going to score 4 this year

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

caufield is everyone's dad

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm starting to think the folks insisting Matthews was cooked might've been a tad premature with that assertion

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Also oh my god Bedard is good christ he needs some real linemates

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

fancy stats posted:

cole caufield is definitely going to score 4 this year

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he scores at least 5

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

ballsy

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I'm starting to think the folks insisting Matthews was cooked might've been a tad premature with that assertion

Jury’s still out imo, he has yet to uncork his signature wrister so far dating back to the preseason, as the broadcast mentioned seems like he’s compensating by sticking closer to the goal line and he’s certainly got the size and hands to make that role work if he can adapt his game.

On the other hand half of his goals so far have come from whipping the puck sideways from the corner as hard as he can and hoping to find a hole so we’ll see how many times he can repeat that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Swayman is so good. He did that thing tonight he does a lot where he lets in a goal in the first 5 minutes, but he's been sick since then.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Rossi! Again/finally

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

holy moly that was a shot and a half

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gio being completely immobile strikes again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: BOONE JENNER NATURAL HAT TRICK :siren:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Jury’s still out imo, he has yet to uncork his signature wrister so far dating back to the preseason, as the broadcast mentioned seems like he’s compensating by sticking closer to the goal line and he’s certainly got the size and hands to make that role work if he can adapt his game.

On the other hand half of his goals so far have come from whipping the puck sideways from the corner as hard as he can and hoping to find a hole so we’ll see how many times he can repeat that.

Counter point: he has 5 goals in 2 games

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

neoaxd posted:

holy moly that was a shot and a half

He will do that exactly four times a year and now he'll coast for a month

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Rangers look so good and now losing 3-1

hockey's back baby :c00l:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodie and Samsonov are not inspiring confidence so far.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
lol pinged

Three goal lead, most dangerous lead in hockey

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

He will do that exactly four times a year and now he'll coast for a month

I'll still take that over Mike Hoffman!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

OldSenileGuy posted:

If not for doinking one off a Columbus player's leg, it's 3-0! :science:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

Bad turnovers, lazy clears, they absolutely deserve this

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

neoaxd posted:

I'll still take that over Mike Hoffman!

Pearson is actually a decent player and I didn't mind him as a Canuck. With the way he works you'd think he'd be strong defensively and good on the PK and boy would you ever be wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: DAVID JIRICEK FIRST NHL GOAL :siren:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

love that RHP

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:nexus:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
wolverinelongingforlindgren.jpg

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This Blackhawks team is fuckin terrible

Montreal have had 4? clear cut breakways from centre ice now

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DylanTyrer/status/1713353591413485937?t=WFjm0UV_zs0WExNePWzScw&s=19

Gonna need David doing the fly by with his tongue stuck as far out as it will go as an av someday.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
oy that was sloppy

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hooooly poo poo what a shot by Pastrnak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Counter point: he has 5 goals in 2 games

Counter counter point: if his wrist is already at ~75% in game 2 then it’s gonna be even more of a wet noodle than last year after game 82, the question is always how much he can do when it matters

eXXon posted:

Brodie and Samsonov are not inspiring confidence so far.

Brodie continuing to struggle is kind of a huge deal, it’s true