Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I am interested to see how Lav responds to his first, “team needs a massive kick in the rear end” 2nd intermission. Unfortunately why do I feel like it will just be him benching all the young dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Counter counter point: if his wrist is already at ~75% in game 2 then it’s gonna be even more of a wet noodle than last year after game 82, the question is always how much he can do when it matters

Brodie continuing to struggle is kind of a huge deal, it’s true

If it's a serious issue they can do some load management and rest him down the stretch. I think it's mostly overblown.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the bruins cannot stop taking penalties tonight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is getting to feel like the end of the 2019 season when Tex had like 30 chances in the last couple of games before finally potting his first goal.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coranato with a beauty for his first NHL goal

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Haha, I wondered if the crowd had given up on booing Bread since we got a new good boy Superstar forward, but nope.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This game really sucks

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

If it's a serious issue they can do some load management and rest him down the stretch. I think it's mostly overblown.

I guess it comes down to what we consider serious, he’s been deliberately avoiding taking wrist shots from the top of the circle dating back to April when they used to be the hallmark of his game. Clearly he’s got other tools to continue to be effective but it’s not a great sign

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Couple times this period Marner has just skated himself into the corner and lost the puck on the rush

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

hell yeah Monahan on the PK :siren:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

BEAUTY

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Jesus christ wild

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Man the blackhawks are awful

Kale
May 14, 2010

Monahan always just randomly shows up man :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Two huge chances for Willy

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

the blackhawks should probably consider allowing fewer short handed breakaways

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Bedard is gonna feel like Nash on the Jackets or Kovalchuk in Atlanta or something

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Carey :unsmith:

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
The Habs are... good*?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Two huge chances for Willy

I would have put it off the post blocker side and in. Rare misses (also lol at him breaking his stick afterwards)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

I would have put it off the post blocker side and in. Rare misses (also lol at him breaking his stick afterwards)

Maybe he’s finally learned to play it up for the media so they stop writing hit pieces about how he doesn’t care

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

lmao Perry you don't want none of that

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

enjoying Xhekaj punching Perry in the face right then

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Olivil posted:

The Habs are... good*?

As a neutral observer I cannot emphasize enough how much this Blackhawks team sucks. The Habs should have two or three more at least.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Hence the asterisk, but at least they're fun to watch. :)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bieksa noclip is terrible but please turn it off while he's stuck in the floor.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Olivil posted:

Hence the asterisk, but at least they're fun to watch. :)

Ya.
The tail end of the Bergevin era was an absolute pain to watch (except that SCF run) but it's really changed. Team's worse but the show's better!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1713360030274105412?t=ZIF67UO9loqGSVydohkAyA&s=19

Aw man, Elvis looked solid, too. :wtc:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So much for the lead

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/thegoldenmuzzy/status/1713357562756657266?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

God is there a more joyless city in North America, where else can a bunch of wannabe PTA members write in complaints about arena music

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Wild starting sloppy

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

I am interested to see how Lav responds to his first, “team needs a massive kick in the rear end” 2nd intermission. Unfortunately why do I feel like it will just be him benching all the young dudes

It's interesting this comes up in this game, as both coaches were interviewed by both teams on the ice this offseason.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Alright I'm definitely enjoying this period

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
gently caress Corey Perry

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

What the hell is McCabe doing out there

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sloppy

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/1713358531221500028

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I swear to god sometimes NHL refs are almost as bad as MLB umpires :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

RC Cola posted:

gently caress Corey Perry

:emptyquote: