Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's old topic by now but it's really amazing how social media has exposed the latest generations of failkids to public exposure that is completely unprecedented to them and they have absolutely no ability to handle, it's the first time they've ever been in an environment not designed to cater to them and/or mould them in a specific image.

everything has sucked and been hosed since 2008 housing crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
code:
https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1712981732738158595

quote:

An excerpt showing how Theodore Herzl & the Zionist delegation that met w/ Kaiser Wilhelm II in Palestine (1898) explicitly patterned their colonial plans after Rhodesia & turned to the Brits when a German-Zionist protectorate was rebuffed. From UCal Journal of Palestine Studies:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

hes right. its only fair since one israeli is worth 5000 iranians. and thats getting off easy since 1 american is easily 100,000 iranians.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

bomb, bomb, bomb Iran

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

B B posted:

Reading between the lines, it looks as though Israel has killed some Americans:

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1713318391157604431

sentencing americans to death so we don't have to ask israel for any favors...... loving bleak

these countries deserve each other, just awful awful awful

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Alhamdulillah.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Black comedy option, Israel fumbles the MOAB and blows up something other than Gaza

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713414084199137420

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

doesn't he have an $8 million house

edit: i hope he matches that number is what i'm saying

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

it got stuck being loaded so they tried wedging it through with a hammer. tragic

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

everything has sucked and been hosed since 2008 housing crisis
ya

although it is now worse after a decade+ of ZIRP has completely widened the chasm between the shareholder class and the working class to an insane degree. it's unfathomable how much money the elite got out of ZIRP relative to the stagnation and immiseration of the working class. all those rents ballooning to $2000+ a month, housing skyrocketing to $500k for a 2-br in shittsville, rust belt, all with massive health care inflation and food costs, all basically came directly out of a decade of ZIRP.

basically poors were priced-out and crushed while elites made off with trillions of dollars from the deal. 2008 was the big catalyst and you could say things have been hosed since then, but the amount of enshittification of society has drastically increased since then

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

he's going to end up a professor at the Institute for the Study of Wokeness and Why The Kids Who Accused Brett Ratner Are Lying Probably inside of a month or two, but hey, a moment of consequence for being an enormous piece of poo poo for no reason.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Looney Tunes-rear end army keeps dying to friendly fire, tanks rolling off trains, their own munitions 'malfunctioning' - the more accidental deaths they rack up, the worse it's gonna be if they deescalate, but if they put these reservists into battle against any hardened fighters there will be massive losses

text editor has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Oct 15, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

actionjackson posted:

doesn't he have an $8 million house

edit: i hope he matches that number is what i'm saying

why would he do that when he can send them other people's money and stay wealthy

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

god is great

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Going up against an army whose region has 70 percent unemployment leaves a lot of time of training.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

A little more but Hersh is saying they are absolutely planning to use MOABs/Bunker Busters

https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1713357732164632773

L M A O if true

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

text editor posted:

Looney Tunes-rear end army keeps dying to friendly fire, tanks rolling of trains, their own munitions 'malfunctioning' - the more accidental deaths they rack up, the worse it's gonna be if they deescalate, but if they put these reservists into battle against any hardened fighters there will be massive losses

a bit of caution on this one: while the keystone cops rear end bullshit is hilarious, the only reason we're hearing about it is because they combine having full American media penetration without full American unconditional troop-worship opsec attached to it.

from available information this is exactly the kind of shitshow the invasion of Ukraine was to start, and to steal the line from Radio War Nerd, "godzilla does not need to know ballet." there's a LOT of stumbling that an infinite money and air support button will cover for.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

a bit of caution on this one: while the keystone cops rear end bullshit is hilarious, the only reason we're hearing about it is because they combine having full American media penetration without full American unconditional troop-worship opsec attached to it.

from available information this is exactly the kind of shitshow the invasion of Ukraine was to start, and to steal the line from Radio War Nerd, "godzilla does not need to know ballet." there's a LOT of stumbling that an infinite money and air support button will cover for.

I think a lot of people don't realise that "poo poo show" is actually the normal state of being for most things. Military or otherwise.

A well oiled anything takes significant time, training, good (actual good) leadership, solid procedures, a lot of time for reinforcement schedules, the right people in the right job, etc.

I wonder how many people who see military parades realise each one is actually the result of 1-2 weeks of dedicated training by the participants immediately prior to refresh them all.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 06:06 on Oct 15, 2023

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

I mean gently caress this guy but no one should be fired for shitposting imo. Many times as many people are going to be fired for expressing the correct opinion supporting palentinians.

Imo it's good to fire fascists from teaching positions. If he was a mechanic or something then you would be right.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

yeah for anyone hoping Hamas is going to "win" this coming "battle", it's not going to turn out well. donate to MSF

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Did not know Pete Davidson's dad was a 9-11 hijacker

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
where’s the Hersh piece at?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*explaining the draft to americans*

its like when you order cheeseburger and they dont have neoguh people on staff, so they have to call in people

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

text editor posted:

Looney Tunes-rear end army keeps dying to friendly fire, tanks rolling off trains, their own munitions 'malfunctioning' - the more accidental deaths they rack up, the worse it's gonna be if they deescalate, but if they put these reservists into battle against any hardened fighters there will be massive losses

This is what I’m thinking because on top of what we’re already seeing, “invasion delayed because of rain” and Hersh reporting on it, while the US rushes in more carriers, they are not taking that city.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/OsintTV/status/1713404141865767233

general mud has declared for palestine

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Hmm, how can I make this ongoing genocide about me, the fat clown in Oklahoma?

lol

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Missingnoleader posted:

Just in case anyone was looking for what Samantha Power had to say.
https://twitter.com/PowerUSAID/status/1713306638340235516

"the humanitarian consequences of hamas's attacks"

:thunkher:

Weka
May 5, 2019

Thank you good vox

E: ok I read it and the Eisenhower is going to relieve the Ford, and the Reagan will probably stay in East Asia. Still 2 carriers.

Weka has issued a correction as of 06:17 on Oct 15, 2023

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
That has to be bullshit, there is no rain here currently and barely any rain last night. If the IDF has to delay over that they have no chance

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hadji murad posted:

where’s the Hersh piece at?

paywalled and i odn't have a sub but here: https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/the-plan-to-wipe-out-hamas

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Missingnoleader posted:

Just in case anyone was looking for what Samantha Power had to say.
https://twitter.com/PowerUSAID/status/1713306638340235516

Abuser rear end rhetoric.

Israel: i cant believe hamas is making us starve 2 million civilians

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i say swears online posted:

we need more stinger missiles to fight the soviets, jerry

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Carl Vinson (November 18, 1883 – June 1, 1981) was an American politician who served in the U.S. House of Representatives for over 50 years and... was a member of the Democratic Party and represented Georgia in the House from 1914 to 1965... He is the longest-serving member of the United States House of Representatives from the state of Georgia.[1] From 1961 to 1965, he served as the Dean of the US House of Representatives as the longest serving member of the body.

A staunch segregationist, Vinson voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and in 1956, signed "The Southern Manifesto". Other Southern politicians signed this in resistance to the ruling by the United States Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education (1954) that segregated public education was unconstitutional, and that states needed to integrate their public schools.[4]

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Look I don't believe in god or anything but if you cut off water to people and then you get so much rain it causes flooding that stops your genocide, you might want to consider that the universe trying to send you a message? idk

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself

Weka
May 5, 2019

USS Adolf Hitler

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

insightful commentary mr bloodfeast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

Imo it's good to fire fascists from teaching positions. If he was a mechanic or something then you would be right.

you don't want fascists being mechanics either, they won't/can't fix stuff and they'll charge people they don't like more. education is actually the right place for them, middle school particularly, because kids can recognize a bastard. either that or a dunk in the mdma tanks