Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

One of the potential scripts was a realistic Jason on trial for his crimes. Over the course of courtroom drama they discover that Freddy was his step-father or something and abused him and also somehow became a demon in his head that made him kill people.
It was awful. It poo poo all over both franchises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Freddy turned into a motorcycle, not a car.

He was a car at the end of the original film

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Skrillmub posted:

One of the potential scripts was a realistic Jason on trial for his crimes. Over the course of courtroom drama they discover that Freddy was his step-father or something and abused him and also somehow became a demon in his head that made him kill people.

This sounds incredible?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

jason and jack reacher sitting next to each other on the same bus

(that one's for all the jack reacher fans out there)

i love both

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FreudianSlippers posted:

He was a car at the end of the original film

I didn't think he was the car itself, just one of his vehicles like the tricycle or the skateboard.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Bride of Chucky is so goddamn stupid I love it

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Medullah posted:

This is one of my friend's favorite shirts.

Yippie ki yay melon farmer

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Bride of Chucky is so goddamn stupid I love it

I liked what Bride was going for, but Seed of Chucky is the full actualization of those ambitions.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Nightmare 2 thing is a bit different because plenty of people involved swore for decades that they never noticed any subtext or innuendo, only to switch to "Oh yeah, I knew that was there all along" within the last ten or fifteen years. At the very least since the documentary came out.

There’s a doc about ANOES2? What’s it called?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The problem with The Hidden is that it is never shown or streamed anywhere, I assume this is some kind of rights issue. My roommates and I watched it back in the day, either during an early broadcast on cable or rented as a VHS tape, I can’t remember which. I have always had difficulty finding it in any format physical or otherwise. It is a great flick and well worth a watch.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MrMojok posted:

There’s a doc about ANOES2? What’s it called?

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy

most people's favorite part is the Nightmare 2 gay subtext discussion, but mine is all the makeup artists talking about how Robert Englund would never shut the gently caress up the entire four hours that they would be putting the Freddy makeup on, followed by archival footage of him rattling off old hollywood trivia while the makeup guys go "uh huh, uh huh"

everyone from the cast and crew of Nightmare 4 independently breaking out their Renny Harlin impression is also pretty great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's the series in general, the NoeS2 specific one is Scream, Queen!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I didn't think he was the car itself, just one of his vehicles like the tricycle or the skateboard.

I’d say the car is at least possessed

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'd go so far as to say the car is a facet of him, and that counts as him turning into a car.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Skrillmub posted:

Freddy vs. Jason by way of Kramer vs. Kramer is certainly inspired

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Scream, Queen! is absolutely incredible. I recommend watching it ASAP. It puts so much into perspective and lays bare so much of the queer subtext as well as really explores Mark Patton's life, queerness, and the legacy of the film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Definitely thats Freddy as a car and not a Freddy Themed Car. There is a legal distinction.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

WeaponX posted:

Freddy vs. Jason by way of Kramer vs. Kramer is certainly inspired

New Law & Order spinoff where they just have a different killer on trial every week

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Skrillmub posted:

The entire series tone shifted from the second one when even the actors were like wait isn't Jason dead so this would have not only been welcomed but incredible

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/Files/jason-vs-freddy-bm-script.pdf
Read it yourselves, it's not good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

one thing i learned from that book i linked earlier is that for some reason like 75% of the draft screenplays, including this one, had Jason getting one line of dialogue at the end like Silent Bob.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Deadite posted:

I'm reading through the IMDB trivia for Freddy vs. Jason and this cracked me up:

I think it's because of the specific brand. Only a Subaru will do for a death elemental like Jason

It's more ridiculous than you'd think. One of the teen protagonists is trying to bring Jason to wherever Freddy is. The guy gets behind the wheel and tells Jason to get in. Jason shoves the guy into the passenger seat and takes the driver's seat.

While he defaulted to the lesser evil in the film itself, the unused scripts were very adamant about making him a full-on antihero.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jason, under his breath: “Chasing Alice Ginny Chris Trish Pam Megan Tins Rennie Jessica Lori Rowan…”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

When watching Friday the 13th movies I can still remember exactly where the "edited for television" cuts used to be because I used to catch them on WPIX and USA. And occasionally you'd get alternate takes like in Final Chapter where Tommy is showing Rob a guillotine instead of a monster puppet.

ok for years i remembered the scene where he was showing off the guillotine and the survivalist had set up some kind of spot lights and thought i just mandela'd those when they didnt show up in my rewatches

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Can someone recommend me a good movie for this bonus challenge?

- A film by an LGBTQ+ director, or a film that deals with LGBTQ+ themes

I could go the easy route and watch Hellraiser for the 100th time but I want to see something new. I'm in the US and I have Shudder/AMC+, Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime and the free ones like Tubi and Pluto.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Deadite posted:

I could go the easy route and watch Hellraiser for the 100th time but I want to see something new. I'm in the US and I have Shudder/AMC+, Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime and the free ones like Tubi and Pluto.

Knife+Heart

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Deadite posted:

It's pretty meh but the guy who made Penny Dreadful did a movie last year called They/Them that's a slasher at a gay conversion camp

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ok for years i remembered the scene where he was showing off the guillotine and the survivalist had set up some kind of spot lights and thought i just mandela'd those when they didnt show up in my rewatches

The spotlight thing I sort of remember, but the guillotine fake out with Tommy’s fingers was definitely filmed and aired as an alternate take for network television airings. Ironically that one is obviously much bloodier than the monster puppet but I guess it was okay because it was shown as fake on screen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Deadite posted:

The Vampire Lovers

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Deadite posted:

Bit (2019) is on Tubi. Solid, fun vampire flick with actual trans representation.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Deadite posted:

Nightbreed is pretty decent

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Deadite posted:

For a few...

Happy Death Day or Freaky (Queer Director)
Nightbreed: Director's Cut (Queer Director, obviously, but also queer themes out the wazoo)
Shiva Baby (Queer writer and director, bisexual lead, queer themes)
Wild Zero (Big ol' queer love story)
Dracula's Daughter (Massively queer pre-code vampire story)

My Queer Horror list is surprisingly popular, and there are some great choices there (if I do say so myself), some of which may not be the obvious picks.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I found Never asleep Again on Tubi, I’m about an hour in and it is bringing back so many great memories.

I was a teenager when the first film came out, and I remember how original the overall idea was.

And also how creepy it was. The scene where Nancy falls asleep in class as the kid is standing up in front reading from Hamlet, was an all-timer.

The death of Tina was extremely disturbing at the time, in a really visceral way.

It is also amazing that the film was rejected by every studio, forcing New Line to take a gamble and release it themselves. And of course it was a runaway hit, leading to the famous nickname “The House that Freddy Built”

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Mover posted:

Bit (2019) is on Tubi. Solid, fun vampire flick with actual trans representation.

Bit is great and definitely underseen.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

MrMojok posted:

And also how creepy it was. The scene where Nancy falls asleep in class as the kid is standing up in front reading from Hamlet, was an all-timer.

The death of Tina was extremely disturbing at the time, in a really visceral way.

I wrote about it in the challenge thread and these are the two scenes I used as examples of how it's still legitimately scary today. Some of the effects elsewhere in the film are a little janky by today's standards but those both hold up incredibly well

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Deadite posted:

the seventh victim the seventh victim the seventh victim the seventh victim

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

For a few...

Happy Death Day or Freaky (Queer Director)
Nightbreed: Director's Cut (Queer Director, obviously, but also queer themes out the wazoo)
Shiva Baby (Queer writer and director, bisexual lead, queer themes)
Wild Zero (Big ol' queer love story)
Dracula's Daughter (Massively queer pre-code vampire story)

My Queer Horror list is surprisingly popular, and there are some great choices there (if I do say so myself), some of which may not be the obvious picks.

Thx for this :hfive:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

one thing i learned from that book i linked earlier is that for some reason like 75% of the draft screenplays, including this one, had Jason getting one line of dialogue at the end like Silent Bob.

"Snoocie Boochies, Bitch!"
-Frederick C. Krueger

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/85C62mF.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not reaaaaally sure Frankenhooker's ending gag makes it a lgbt movie