Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I'm pretty new to this game, but I'm kinda upset that I don't have a room on the Express.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Soon it will be time for the rain of missiles

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

Do you not have her on the event lightcone? That and an EHR chest should be plenty.

I don't have an EHR chest, I have like 70%+ EHR. It's worked out pretty well so far but I was looking into improving some of the relics on my characters, and I've got some decent quantum relics that don't have EHR I could use.

If I'm understanding it correctly, E2 Silverwolf has all the EHR she needs from the event lightcone + traces. Which frees up the chest piece for Crit or Break? (and frees up EHR from substats on other gear too)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

If I win the 50/50 on Topaz, I will probably throw jade at the Standard banner for Clara. I'm only about 30 pulls away.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I used my 300 on Bronya because she somehow eluded me the whole time

no regrets

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bronya is great. My progress in MoC skyrocketed because of her, and it allows me to have Attack boots and an ER rope on Welt. The only person she doesn't play well with is Sushang, but Susie doesn't play well with any Harmony except Asta.

This new MoC heavily rewards having Sushang and Quinque as carries, and Welt just doesn't give a poo poo.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I've been very fortunate and pulled Bronya twice from the standard banner. She is awesome. I'm not sure when my time comes to choose if I'm going to gear Himiko (I think she' cool) or to get an Eidolon for an existing character.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Hey y'all ive been playing since console release and really enjoyjng this, got a newb trap question:

1. My gatcha grabs so far are Herta, Serval, Sampo, Arlan, Tingyun, Asta, Bailu, Quingque alongside Dan Heng/March 7th/Natasha. I'm 40/40 with every char and chosen cone, traces high as theyll go etc (bout to finish up Jarilo VI and TB level 30. Any other complete poo poo kickers like Herta to watch out for? I got about 8k free crystals chillin, are there any gaps or poo poo kickers i should pull for or save my poo poo for now?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Jingliu's current banner is very strong to start off with. She herself is an incredibly strong ice dps, and she has Tingyun (one of if not the best buffing unit in the game), Sampo (dot man), and Qingque who at e6 is comparable with the best 5* dps.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Bronya has been very good to my Clara and I'm going to be a little sad to bump her out for Topaz so I can have the Clara/March/Topaz follow-up revenge crew in full for MoC and SU.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've gotten Clara for free and Tingyun, so I should be waiting for Topaz, right? I'm still rolling the main three plus Ting and I'm not sure what I should be aiming for with a team comp.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

OxMan posted:

Hey y'all ive been playing since console release and really enjoyjng this, got a newb trap question:

1. My gatcha grabs so far are Herta, Serval, Sampo, Arlan, Tingyun, Asta, Bailu, Quingque alongside Dan Heng/March 7th/Natasha. I'm 40/40 with every char and chosen cone, traces high as theyll go etc (bout to finish up Jarilo VI and TB level 30. Any other complete poo poo kickers like Herta to watch out for? I got about 8k free crystals chillin, are there any gaps or poo poo kickers i should pull for or save my poo poo for now?

You won't be able to keep everyone maxed past this EQ level, so I'd start thinking about the 8-9 people you want to build for MoC teams and don't spread yourself too thin. 8 characters is two tanks, two healers, two supports, and two DPS. That's not how rigid team structure is - for example, maybe you can skip a healer, or drop a support for a sub-DPS - but it's a good place to start when thinking about who to invest in.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

Jingliu's current banner is very strong to start off with. She herself is an incredibly strong ice dps, and she has Tingyun (one of if not the best buffing unit in the game), Sampo (dot man), and Qingque who at e6 is comparable with the best 5* dps.

Let's not oversell QQ here, she's as good as an E0 Seele not Daniel or Jing level of ridiculous.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Let's not oversell QQ here, she's as good as an E0 Seele not Daniel or Jing level of ridiculous.

No e6 QQ is only slightly worse than Daniel and much better than e0 Seele.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The current MoC cycle is also extremely favorable to QQ.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it's very funny that the two best offensive supports in the game are bronnie

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ubersandwich posted:

I've been very fortunate and pulled Bronya twice from the standard banner. She is awesome.

same and same

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

If anything, e6 QQ is routinely undersold. She's the strongest 4 star in the game and is stronger than several 5 star dps units.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ain't no QQ undersellers around these parts though, this entire thread is full of QQ appreciators.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

No e6 QQ is only slightly worse than Daniel and much better than e0 Seele.

nah

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Eej posted:

Ain't no QQ undersellers around these parts though, this entire thread is full of QQ appreciators.

Still undersold.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finished the Pokemon event. Really liked it. This is the kind of stuff I want more of.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Speaking of QQ, does a Crit Rate chestpiece not get you enough Crit Rate on it's own to activate Rutilant Arena set bonus? It activates at like 70% and with a maxed out +15 Crit Rate chestpiece i'm still quite a bit short.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 17, 2023

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

Speaking of QQ, does a Crit Rate chestpiece not get you enough Crit Rate on it's own to activate Rutilant Arena set bonus? It activates at like 70% and with a maxed out +15 Crit Rate chestpiece i'm still quite a bit short.

You need quite a few sub stats for Crit sadly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just did the new main quest stuff with Topaz recently, and I think it was dealt with about as well as it could have while still needing to make Topaz a sympathetic character. Happy that Belobog doesn't accept the asset seizure, though it still sucks that they're stuck with the debt (which I think they are, unless I missed something). There's unfortunately no real way around that, since they can't directly oppose the IPC* militarily. Topaz is fairly convincingly sold as someone attempting to do "harm reduction" from within the system (which is still kinda dumb since the IPC, as portrayed, is still a profoundly terrible organization**, but it's still "about as well as it could have gone" given the character's premise). Chinese game manages to gives some lessons about why the IMF isn't good in a way that isn't too antagonistic - the message is more focused on the "you shouldn't give the powerful foreign power control over your country" parts than attempting to portray the IPC as villainous.

* speaking of the IPC, it was interesting to hear that in Japanese it's the "Star Peace Company"
** doesn't the "80+% success rate" for Topaz's environmental restructuring imply that she's responsible for 10+% of the planets she's done that for being destroyed? It wasn't presented as merely "a failure to achieve success," but as "a risk that things could go terribly wrong."

Excelzior posted:

I used my 300 on Bronya because she somehow eluded me the whole time

It's still a while until I reach 300 (I think I have 20-something to go, and I refuse to spend currency on the standard banner), but I'm definitely doing E1 Bronya, since I've already lucked into every standard banner character I actually want (which is all of them except Yanqing and Himeko).

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Don't forget conditional stat buffs that are not shown on the character stat page but are easy to keep up. An example would be Blade getting +16 crit rate from the 4 piece Longevious set. It is not shown on his stats because it requires in-fight stuff, but he gets it his first turn. Also you can just get stuff from other characters like ~12% crit rate from Fu Xuan. My blade has 46% base crit rate but it is about 74% in a fight.

Also, I saw there was another prime gaming code for some free stuff. I am not sure how frequently they come out but it said #8 so I must have missed half of them or so.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 17, 2023

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MadHat posted:

You need quite a few sub stats for Crit sadly.

So i really do just have to go and either get more crit rate gear or get lucky that any crit rate substats i have just increase huh? That's bleh.

It's so strange considering 1 pair of speed boots will automatically give you enough speed for like Fleet of the Ageless and effect res usually isn't a hard thing to get for the characters you're trying to get them on.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ytlaya posted:

** doesn't the "80+% success rate" for Topaz's environmental restructuring imply that she's responsible for 10+% of the planets she's done that for being destroyed? It wasn't presented as merely "a failure to achieve success," but as "a risk that things could go terribly wrong."

My understanding is the planets were doomed without intervention anyway. It's left unsaid whether/how much the IPC's terraforming process or whatever sped up the death of the worlds where the process didn't succeed. It's definitely reasonable to assume at least some increase in the rate of desolation, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Shame Boy posted:

So i really do just have to go and either get more crit rate gear or get lucky that any crit rate substats i have just increase huh? That's bleh.

It's so strange considering 1 pair of speed boots will automatically give you enough speed for like Fleet of the Ageless and effect res usually isn't a hard thing to get for the characters you're trying to get them on.

I think the crit main stat was designed for Solsatto since that only requires 50%. One of the reasons I pulled Fu Xuan was because of her passive because I had no one else to push Quinque over the edge.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
It is indeed a pain to get Rutilant up and working on QQ. I had to use the crafting resin to get four or five Quantum damage orbs and pray that I got crit rate as a substat, because all the other relics I had on QQ already had crit rate (but terrible rolls).

The good news is that if you have her boss (Fu Xuan) properly motivating her from behind that's ~10% crit rate you don't have to scrape up.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Zurai posted:

My understanding is the planets were doomed without intervention anyway. It's left unsaid whether/how much the IPC's terraforming process or whatever sped up the death of the worlds where the process didn't succeed. It's definitely reasonable to assume at least some increase in the rate of desolation, though.

That was my understanding too. That said I didn't get the impression that the IPC was deliberately loving anything up, only that their methods weren't foolproof which was the major problem - the argument for signing is much stronger if the IPC's methods of terraforming were guaranteed, but Bronya wasn't willing to sell the planet for a mere chance of success.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Where'd you get all those passes from? I thought I'd gotten every single one that's ever been available, apart from the ones for ascending 5-star units, and I'm only at 231.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Where'd you get all those passes from? I thought I'd gotten every single one that's ever been available, apart from the ones for ascending 5-star units, and I'm only at 231.

It's called being bad with jade. (I hit 300 months ago myself)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

sandorius posted:

It is indeed a pain to get Rutilant up and working on QQ. I had to use the crafting resin to get four or five Quantum damage orbs and pray that I got crit rate as a substat, because all the other relics I had on QQ already had crit rate (but terrible rolls).

The good news is that if you have her boss (Fu Xuan) properly motivating her from behind that's ~10% crit rate you don't have to scrape up.

If your hat or gloves have low crit rate those are the easiest to aim for since you don't have to worry about the main stat. You can synthesize without resins then and just hope for crit rate and some luckier level up rolls. That's what I did for my Qingque -- though in the end I got super lucky with new speed boots that had crit while farming normally.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bout to burn a drat resin on a cdmg chest for Bronya, Hackerspace just refuses to roll it for me.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ytlaya posted:

I just did the new main quest stuff with Topaz recently, and I think it was dealt with about as well as it could have while still needing to make Topaz a sympathetic character. Happy that Belobog doesn't accept the asset seizure, though it still sucks that they're stuck with the debt (which I think they are, unless I missed something). There's unfortunately no real way around that, since they can't directly oppose the IPC* militarily. Topaz is fairly convincingly sold as someone attempting to do "harm reduction" from within the system (which is still kinda dumb since the IPC, as portrayed, is still a profoundly terrible organization**, but it's still "about as well as it could have gone" given the character's premise). Chinese game manages to gives some lessons about why the IMF isn't good in a way that isn't too antagonistic - the message is more focused on the "you shouldn't give the powerful foreign power control over your country" parts than attempting to portray the IPC as villainous.

* speaking of the IPC, it was interesting to hear that in Japanese it's the "Star Peace Company"

It's still a while until I reach 300 (I think I have 20-something to go, and I refuse to spend currency on the standard banner), but I'm definitely doing E1 Bronya, since I've already lucked into every standard banner character I actually want (which is all of them except Yanqing and Himeko).

Belobog: They're gonna work the debt off. My interpretation is that Topaz gave them as favourable a contract as she could on the excuse that Belobog is industrious enough to both reclaim its planet from the Stellaron and jumpstart its own economy to work on paying back the debt. It still sucks but being in debt is better than being owned.

80% success rate: It means that planetary reclamation is a fairly unreliable process because some worlds are turbo hosed. Topaz' home was basically Geidi Prime and it got fixed up by the IPC so I guess there's a lot worse out there. But yeah, you're supposed to understand that Topaz either puts more effort into making sure that her projects are more successful or that she is far better than average at spotting planets that are unsalvageable and doesn't just give people poo poo deals. Either way the fact that she has an upwards of 80% success rate means she's probably dragging the average up and without her the average success rate would be quite a bit lower.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Do this poo poo with Genshin Impact too please so I can finally get Mona already Hoyo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zurai posted:

The context makes me think that it's situations where the destruction is directly caused by the failed terraforming, since it's brought up by Himeko as "a serious gamble" rather than "worst case, it just doesn't help" (which wouldn't really be a big deal). I'd have to look at the actual language used again, though.

I guess it could also be interpreted as "it would suck if you sold off control over your planet in exchange for something that didn't even help," though.

edit: Either way, I liked the plot. It presented an interesting dilemma for Bronya/Belobog and a sadly realistic threat

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I also interpreted it as the terraforming itself making the planet uninhabitable.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I just saw it as the terraforming sometimes doesn't work so everything still sucks poo poo on your planet and now you're all employees of the IPC