Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just hope the cast is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Dugong posted:

Survivor UK finally has a trailer. There’s still no official air date but it’s rumoured to start at the end of this month. It’s been made by the same company as Australian Survivor (but won’t be as long) so I have high hopes.

https://youtu.be/N5yVvO7tMZk?si=r7LkflGK43X5EdkO

My fiance and I recently started watching Alone. Then we watched Alone UK. The whiplash from 'hardcore survival experts, primitive living instructors and what not put their skills to the test' to 'randos off the street try not to die, and also, get their clothes off for the camera' was pretty sharp.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i kinda wonder if part of its existence is so that the types jeff usually goes for, typically masculine blue collar boot straps types are usually merge vote fodder and this is a way of shaking it up enough that its not as much of a sure thing as prior seasons
then they should make the mergatory safety buff be won by the top 6 or 7 individual finishers in the challenge instead of randomly drawn teams! It's so arbitrary as it is

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Fast Luck posted:

then they should make the mergatory safety buff be won by the top 6 or 7 individual finishers in the challenge instead of randomly drawn teams! It's so arbitrary as it is

so you want all of the weaker men and women to be vulnerable instead of teamwork being a factor??

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not sure if I'm feeling the host tbh. But I'll watch it anyway most likely.

Yeah, I’m not sure Joel was the right choice, though he is a fan of the show apparently. I think the cast will be decent after the success of The Traitors last year.

I just hope that we don’t get a season of mateship like the first season of Australian Survivor. I do think there’s a chance this gets cancelled after one season as well as it’s going to be competing with the rebooted Big Brother.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dugong posted:

Yeah, I’m not sure Joel was the right choice, though he is a fan of the show apparently. I think the cast will be decent after the success of The Traitors last year.

I just hope that we don’t get a season of mateship like the first season of Australian Survivor. I do think there’s a chance this gets cancelled after one season as well as it’s going to be competing with the rebooted Big Brother.

This is the first I've heard of Big Brother being back on UK TV so I'm not sure that reboot is going to last.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ha, that’s fair. I haven’t been following it but I assumed there was a good chance history would repeat itself and it would take down UK Survivor again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

curiousCat posted:

so you want all of the weaker men and women to be vulnerable instead of teamwork being a factor??

Just make the mergatory challenge be complete luck like rock paper scissors, because it might as well be.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

curiousCat posted:

I think they're just saying that if that's what Jeff's goal is, that's what it should be, not just a general "that's what it should be"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

curiousCat posted:

what if they just have to hold some balls on a plate like they're always doing though, how about that?

Maybe if you drop your balls you get to go eat food or something. Who can say?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My balls will never drop

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

what if they just have to hold some balls on a plate like they're always doing though, how about that?

Maybe if you drop your balls you get to go eat food or something. Who can say?

The ball holding challenge which definitely doesn't require muscle strength, endurance, reflexes, or a sense of timing

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Some of those endurance challenges do seem to favor lighter smaller people

Certainly not all of them

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mp5 posted:

The ball holding challenge which definitely doesn't require muscle strength, endurance, reflexes, or a sense of timing
They require physical skill (Brandon would be terrible at them) but I don't believe they have any tendency to advantage a certain type of build or gender etc. Survivor has a lot of fairly neutral challenges they could use but yes, they're still challenges.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It would be harder to find a challenge that Brandon wouldn't be terrible at.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

It would be harder to find a challenge that Brandon wouldn't be terrible at.

Trying to think of the challenge that involves the most doing nothing.

Dragon Rider

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Studio posted:

Trying to think of the challenge that involves the most doing nothing.

Dragon Rider

I don't think balance was really his thing either.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

He's very good at doing absolutely nothing though

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Studio posted:

He's very good at doing absolutely nothing though

Ehhhhhhhhhh

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If we remove Brandon's visible weaknesses we can eliminate any challenge that involves water, puzzles, any kind of movement or standing upright.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Brandon's gonna come back diesel as gently caress and go by Brando and pick up and toss walls in his way.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rick posted:

Brandon's gonna come back diesel as gently caress and go by Brando and pick up and toss walls in his way.

Brandon, hello.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Brandon might do ok with that challenge where everyone gets three tiles and the players take turn breaking other players tiles, once you have none left you are out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fishbach destroyed his own tile with a slingshot. Brandon could pull that off with no slingshot involved

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Only a few more hours until we finally have something more interesting to talk about than a contestant who was voted out two weeks ago

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

blue squares posted:

Only a few more hours until we finally have something more interesting to talk about than a contestant who was voted out two weeks ago

We'll see about that

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
"Oddly, I do have a tray full of buffs"

You're just that predictable, Jeff

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Over react to everything so Jeff will like you most and hide an idol in your torch

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This entire season is wasted if they don't get a special treat to watch "Reba" and talk about how amazing it is.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
What the heck is still going to take 20 minutes

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I kind of love that the only shots we've seen of Sifu have been him being weird AF in his own little world

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I like getting to see a lot more Sean tonight. I feel like he was the one Lulu person we barely saw.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Are you loving kidding me

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Oh you gotta be loving kidding me.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Another one? C'mon now he was probably already going

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Dude, blindsiding himself.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This is loving stupid.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
idk those looks make me think they may really have been planning to vote sifu

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Diabetic posted:

This is loving stupid.

Yeah, I hate this. I hope they write down Sifu anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lulu truly is the worst tribe of all time