Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm going to this weekend's Austin race, first time going to an F1 event, anything I should make sure and do?

Watch the cars from the hill above turns 2-6 at least for a bit. Assuming that area is still GA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Climb the tower at COTA and make car noises into the microphone.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

New video from Kym Illman where he tours the track and facilities of the Las Vegas gp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tegNkXtqZkA

It’s gonna be horrible I can’t wait!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

tranten posted:

New video from Kym Illman where he tours the track and facilities of the Las Vegas gp:

Is this the guy that rates slot machines?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I was surprised to see that they have the lighting scaffolds running all the way down the Vegas strip, a whole month before the race. That’s a heck of a lot of temporary work to do every year on the main road in town, and really quite ugly looking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm going to this weekend's Austin race, first time going to an F1 event, anything I should make sure and do?

Consider ear protection (earplugs or full ear protection headphones) - especially the cars running in support can be pretty loud.

Try to walk around and see different spots from the track if possible, it’s always cool to see the cars attacking different corners.

Are you there for all three days? Just GA tickets or higher-grade passes than that? I know a few others have been to COTA, so there should be other advice too.

smackfu posted:

I was surprised to see that they have the lighting scaffolds running all the way down the Vegas strip, a whole month before the race. That’s a heck of a lot of temporary work to do every year on the main road in town, and really quite ugly looking.

whispers this is what building street circuits takes my man

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

Fight joe rogan

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fate Accomplice posted:

cheer for the good team! not the wrong one though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smackfu posted:

It's vegas, youre supposed to look like you've been rawe ceekin all month long, that's part of the post-engagement marketing

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah yes it totally stains the beautiful Vegas skyline..

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

Ah yes it totally stains the beautiful Vegas skyline..

no it's probably just annoying, things can just be an annoyance without being overblown

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Imagine watching a boring F1 race in Las Vegas when you could go see the orb

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm certain most residents of Las Vegas who don't frequent the Strip will give 0 fucks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

There's a little meetup planned for Friday if you're interested

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sunk Dunk posted:

if anyone has any free accommodations and tickets to the f1 race let me know and ill head over

yeah I've got Room 32‑135 at the Mandalay Bay, great unobstructed views over the strip.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Aphex- posted:

yeah I've got Room 32‑135 at the Mandalay Bay, great unobstructed views over the strip.

gently caress me sideways.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Surprised there haven't been any crass jokes about Paddock passes or country music.
I predict Vegas will be somewhat of a shitshow, and I can't wait to see what Pirelli decides to enforce this time around.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Aphex- posted:

Bet you can get some great shots from there

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aphex- posted:

Wow getting the Paddock Suite at an F1 race is pretty difficult.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tranten posted:

this guy really loves soulless corporate architecture

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

ja_raul posted:

Surprised there haven't been any crass jokes about Paddock passes or country music.
I predict Vegas will be somewhat of a shitshow, and I can't wait to see what Pirelli decides to enforce this time around.

I forget where, but I read earlier this week that for the Las Vegas race, they may refer to it just as pit lane, rather than the paddock

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Aphex- posted:

oh hell yeah a paddock pass at the vegas gp

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thread is forgetting that capitalism solves problems v. quickly and therefore this event will go without a hitch (including the race where Max will win by 40-60s and literally nothing will happen bcs straight lines)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

michael hit his head on a rock

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

Yeah in 2013

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah in 2013

He foresaw F1's trajectory for the next decade.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theophany posted:

Some say he's still up there headbutting that rock to this very day

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Theophany posted:

Couldn't foresee his own trajectory though

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkUxSnXB2E

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hearing that Lewis could win this weekend

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there are reports that lewis could win this

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I'm hearing more and more people saying Lewis could win this

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hold on let me double check...yup :lewis:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is Timmy going to be allowed to wave the flag this year?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Bip Roberts posted:

Is Timmy going to be allowed to wave the flag this year?

Nah, they are looking for an even more low-energy nerd.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Nowher posted:

Nah, they are looking for an even more low-energy nerd.

You know exactly who will do it and it is going to make my eyes roll so far into the back of my head they will think I am Michael Schumacher.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nick Soapdish posted:

I'm hearing more and more people saying Lewis could win this

I'm hearing that almost nobody is saying this and are instead saying it's going to be another boring max blowout not worth watching

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

f1 manager is coming to gamepass, is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
they should let khablam wave the flag