Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Argue posted:

Has anyone recently connected their Switch to hotel wifi that has one of those sign in portals? I've been looking on the internet but all the advice I've seen seems to be either out of date (from back when the Switch would gladly open a web page renderer) or generated (telling me to try using an incognito window). I've tried reaching the sign in page through the social media options but it just tells me it was unable to reach the website.

Couldn't you do it with your phone or other device then make that a hotspot for your switch to connect to

idk what that would do for the latency but if you're not planning on playing online and just want to download some poo poo it should be fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I’d rather not activate my roaming data to activate Mario Wonder…

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Argue posted:

No. Use your phone to connect to the hotel wifi and deal with whatever sign in portal via your phone's browser. Then share that wifi connection to your switch as a hotspot.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Huh, thanks. My old phone couldn’t do that so I just assumed it wouldn’t work

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Argue posted:

Roaming data? Is it 2005?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Roaming data? Is it 2005?

That usually means international data now

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah we call it roaming when using mobile data abroad; I have no idea what it meant in 2005.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

T mobile you get international data no upcharge, just slower.

It used to be in the really 00s you would get roaming charges for making calls if you stepped over an arbitrary line in your own city/county

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
So turns out Charles Martinet refused to swear and that's why he's no longer Mario's voice. Lots of "mother fuckers!!" and "eat my poo poo, goomba!!" in Wonder

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't want Mario saying, "Eat my rear end"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I mean, "roaming" is what cell companies use to talk about when they need to let a client call from another provider because they've left their area. even if technology evolved the term stuck.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

abelwingnut posted:

e: for reference, the only hardcore smash guy i know thinks the original 64 game was the best, and thought ultimate was lacking, especially in handling and mechanics. is this a common thought? is he nuts? he's kind of nuts about other things, so...would be understandable.

I've been playing Smash for 20+ years but thankfully have avoided the nuttiness like this that often comes with the territory. The best Smash is the most recent one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

a.lo posted:

I don't want Mario saying, "Eat my rear end"

Yeah he should whisper it sensually instead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

An Actual Princess posted:

getting the feeling that this dude loves mario romhacks

heck,

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Yoshi's tongue, navigating my entire colon.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Looper posted:

what the heck
I think they can screw up the pacing depending on how a game distributes them and what direction they take them in a game. I think they’re great in Super Mario World, but more annoying in NSMB2.

They’re cool in SMW because they kinda feel like you’re playing a corrupted version of the game. Very little signaling of what the “puzzle” is. Which you think would make them gatekeepers, yet a 7-year-old is usually able to brute force the level (although they’re going to feel pretty lost.)

In other games they’re kinda just gimmicky slogs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I think they can screw up the pacing depending on how a game distributes them and what direction they take them in a game. I think they’re great in Super Mario World, but more annoying in NSMB2.

They’re cool in SMW because they kinda feel like you’re playing a corrupted version of the game. Very little signaling of what the “puzzle” is. Which you think would make them gatekeepers, yet a 7-year-old is usually able to brute force the level (although they’re going to feel pretty lost.)

In other games they’re kinda just gimmicky slogs.

Does Wonder give you a way of dealing with Boos out of curiosity or is Invincibility still the only way to fully get them out of your hair? Glad to hear they finally made the ghost houses fun at least (though the ones in 3D Land/World weren’t terrible in my opinion)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't really care about any of that i just love boos and spooky houses

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guess what got modded already…

https://twitter.com/ContendoYT/status/1714063251921646063?s=20

https://i.imgur.com/Glpbbj7.gifv

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

it's so funny the things they just don't give a gently caress about while also doing demented creative poo poo concurrently. if they made a new F-Zero they'd probably still use the same announcer.wavs from the n64

They made a new F-Zero and get this they didn't include an announcer at all!!!!!!!!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I kind of hate that I laughed but I sure did

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I need to see this with the Cuba Gooding Jr nightclub video sample.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

So turns out Charles Martinet refused to swear and that's why he's no longer Mario's voice. Lots of "mother fuckers!!" and "eat my poo poo, goomba!!" in Wonder

Cartoon Man posted:

Guess what got modded already…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1gWsuiCAY

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

smrpg is my favorite game of all time so i can't not get the remake on release

plus wonder looks great but it doesn't have booster in it

But does Wonder have the Booster Tower theme song in it?

Because I have the Booster Tower theme song in me.

It's in my head.

*cue the dirty sax*

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh goDAMN it, now you've infected me with it!

Mario Wonder is this week right? The icon is already sitting on my home screen, taunting me!

When's SMRPG?! I need it yesterday and this music isn't helping!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh goDAMN it, now you've infected me with it!

Mario Wonder is this week right? The icon is already sitting on my home screen, taunting me!

When's SMRPG?! I need it yesterday and this music isn't helping!

Wonder’s this Friday, SMRPG Switch drops November 17th

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

where the gently caress are the reviews

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here’s my review: it’s a Wonder why these Supbar Mario devs would put their game out the same week as Sonic!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DLC Inc posted:

where the gently caress are the reviews

it's a joy to play. controls are great, it's beautiful, the characters are so expressive, the levels have fun gimmicks and the wonder flowers are always surprising. i'm only on the second world but it's great!!!

idk if it beats smb3 but i admittedly have a huge soft spot for smb3 so i can't be a fair judge. i can say that wonder is insanely good and i can't wait for everyone else to dive in in a few days, it's beautiful and fantastic and fun and i really have no complaints.

nintendo knocks it out of the park yet again. wintendo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

More like Super Mario Blunder.

I said more like Super Mario Blud-

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it's also a very high + smooth framerate for the framerate freaks out there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And after alllllllllll

You’re my Super Mario Wonderwalllllll

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If it's less than 120fos Tim Rogers won't play it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Wonder has the same framerate as Pokemon SV CONFIRMED

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Well, that was quick, even by Nintendo's standards.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1714449980151189667

quote:

A second update is arriving in F-ZERO 99 tomorrow, 10/18. Challenge the mighty King League in Grand Prix mode and take on three new courses including Fire Field!

This update contains the final new tracks. Additional updates will be released in the future.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Any goons manage to win a race in F-Zero 99 yet? I think I came in 3rd once, it feels harder to win a race than it was to win in Mario 35 or Tetris 99. Probably because I’m terrible at F-Zero :negative:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I haven't played it again after the day it came out, OP.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I haven't played it again after the day it came out, OP.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's a fun game to waste time in. I've won a couple normal races but not a GP. Classic music elevates it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bayonetta origins is done and I won’t bother with the bonus epilogue because as far as I’m concerned everything about bayo 3 can fall down a hole

good game but as an effective coda to platinum’s output it really shows how they lost something around the time scalebound got axed. astral chain was okay but its enemy roster and set pieces weren’t nearly up to par with their best output and both bayo 3 and origins was just them going back to astral chain again with mixed results