Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Why is this a problem? Dems don't want to be a majority; they want to give off the impression they want to be a majority. They are quite happy not having any responsibility and only complaining about the republicans.

yah, but pop-pop president controls the government grift & they don't want him to be a one-termer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quiggy posted:

my mom got birthday brunch with a friend of hers last week and was telling me after about how she had to hold her tongue while her friend waxed lyrical about how israel should carpet bomb gaza out of existence. mom, get a new friend.

I'm not particularly aggressive/outgoing when it comes to sharing political poo poo IRL; more often than not there's just no point in wading into it. But I'm not sure I would have been able to remain silent through that; it just makes me sick.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

yeah!!! *votes for joe freakin biden*

concerning

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

idf general playing through the end of spec ops the line and being like what’s the big deal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

loving Ringo rear end story is this?

Lmfao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

yah, but pop-pop president controls the government grift & they don't want him to be a one-termer.

The only button they know to push is more war. Trump gonna win lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hatebag posted:

it's not a war crime if you say it's for illumination which really makes it seem like someone oughta take a second pass on the definitions of war crimes

It’s not an illuminant, it’s an obscurant.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ringo Roadagain posted:

tbf this is pretty normal if you live in the us

it's very normal in turk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

tbf this is pretty normal if you live in the us

oh yeah, for sure. americans broadly even blame native americans for being murdered or black people for being enslaved and murdered.
hell, americans broadly supported both iraq wars, afghanistan, panama, grenada, vietnam, korea. they'll say they love ronald reagan, a husk that presided over millions of deaths
americans love genocide, it's foundational to the national character

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sherbert Hoover posted:

they want the genocide to happen, op

Yeah even if you have a perfectly smooth brain and take every single IDF statement as the gospel truth they still are openly doing war crimes and genocide.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

It was mostly colonels and majors. Generals might be an exaggeration.

https://t.me/atomiccherry/568

well if you use the israeli to american conversion in line with the "this is equal to 10 9/11s" they were essentially 5-star generals.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I would be amazed if there is anyone itt that does not have a friend or acquaintance with a terrible opinion re: i/P.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Look it’s very easy to explain why the IDF’s use is criminal.

WP is used to create instantaneous smoke screens, as opposed to the persistent smoke screens created by HC.

Israel has no troops in contact in Gaza and therefore no reason why they need to be laying down smoke.

That’s all you need to say.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

Isreal is a very evil country.

The universal cause
Acts not by partial, but by gen’ral laws;
And makes what happiness we justly call
Subsist not in the good of one, but all.
God sends not ill; if rightly understood,
Or partial ill is universal good.

Hoot's to say if it's good or bad, really.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Not me tho, I put all my friends and family in a chokehold one by one till they said death to Israel

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

HallelujahLee posted:

its not a war-crime if you out very loudly "not a war-crime" before doing it

The liberal intervention establishment perfected the art of saying "whoops, unfortunate, we didn't mean to, we're working hard to keep this from happening, we just wish we didn't need to keep taking these gambles and if the bad guys would just stop being so bad then this accident wouldn't have happened."

It was essentially a foolproof permission structure to do whatever sort of imperial violence you want, from targeted assassinations to genocidal carpet bombings. It gummed up the works of public opinion and reporting with pointless debates about investigating this memo or that policy, and anyway, isn't it better than if THOSE GUYS were in charge of the empire machine? They wouldn't even say all that stuff about not meaning to!

The only flaw in this strategy is the true maniacs actually seem to take them at their word that it isn't intentional and it makes them real mad. They're sick of this Coke Zero poo poo, they want the full sugar rush of being able to say the truth that yes, the plan has always been just to kill everyone, civilian casualties are an intention and not an accident, and they want to be praised for it. I think that's part of why the media messaging is so mixed up this time, because so much of the establishment is trying to run the old playbook while actual events and political positions of those in power have moved past them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AxGrap posted:

I would be amazed if there is anyone itt that does not have a friend or acquaintance with a terrible opinion re: i/P.

one of my family members died last year and they played the loving Israeli national anthem at the funeral....

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

AxGrap posted:

Not me tho, I put all my friends and family in a chokehold one by one till they said death to Israel

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

mcmagic posted:

one of my family members died last year and they played the loving Israeli national anthem at the funeral....

Weird way to tell the thread you have relatives in the IDF

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

just sink the big island (Europe)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AxGrap posted:

My wife was on the phone with her uncle Sunday evening and I heard her gasp and say “40 babies???” and im just like

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

titty_baby_ posted:

Weird way to tell the thread you have relatives in the IDF

they are just normie american jews OP

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Dolash posted:

The liberal intervention establishment perfected the art of saying "whoops, unfortunate, we didn't mean to, we're working hard to keep this from happening, we just wish we didn't need to keep taking these gambles and if the bad guys would just stop being so bad then this accident wouldn't have happened."

It was essentially a foolproof permission structure to do whatever sort of imperial violence you want, from targeted assassinations to genocidal carpet bombings. It gummed up the works of public opinion and reporting with pointless debates about investigating this memo or that policy, and anyway, isn't it better than if THOSE GUYS were in charge of the empire machine? They wouldn't even say all that stuff about not meaning to!

The only flaw in this strategy is the true maniacs actually seem to take them at their word that it isn't intentional and it makes them real mad. They're sick of this Coke Zero poo poo, they want the full sugar rush of being able to say the truth that yes, the plan has always been just to kill everyone, civilian casualties are an intention and not an accident, and they want to be praised for it. I think that's part of why the media messaging is so mixed up this time, because so much of the establishment is trying to run the old playbook while actual events and political positions of those in power have moved past them.

a very good point imo

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not particularly aggressive/outgoing when it comes to sharing political poo poo IRL; more often than not there's just no point in wading into it. But I'm not sure I would have been able to remain silent through that; it just makes me sick.

why the gently caress would you (or anyone) want to remain silent when a friend or family member starts vomiting out vile poo poo like that?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

BONGHITZ posted:

just sink the big island (Europe)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1714176884462727596

:chloe:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s not an illuminant, it’s an obscurant.

oh ok. should just be illegal imho because it's a terror weapon largely used against civilians

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Lol at my dumb white brain tearing up more over exploded cats than exploded people

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Comrade Koba posted:

why the gently caress would you (or anyone) want to remain silent when a friend or family member starts vomiting out vile poo poo like that?

Because usually the response is that the other party doubles down and gaslight you until you leave or give in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

because it's not worth it. you usually aren't going to change anyone's mind

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ok now they need iraq for the axis of evil hat trick

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Comrade Koba posted:

yeah why wouldn't you want to get in a huge emotional argument over something nobody's going to change their mind on

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Dolash posted:

good post.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I am actively avoiding talking to my good friend who I assume has her head on her shoulders about this, but her kids go to a temple that is Zionist. I'd imagine the propaganda has been laid on thick recently.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

BBC Confirmed to be the Media Arm of the British Pedophile-Industrial Complex, Says Me

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1713949754948718657?s=20

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
all the white guys afraid of being cancelled by their friends lol