Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

fosborb posted:

spike protein in novavax comes from moth cells

thanks, I'll pack some clothes to snack on in the waiting area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gonna pick up a six pack of root beer while at the pharmacy for extra immune response.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
"But current vaccines will only protect against all infections for about three months"

is there any reason to believe this is even close to true

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Whoolighams posted:

"But current vaccines will only protect against all infections for about three months"

is there any reason to believe this is even closer to true

it was said by an expert op

case closed

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nateb_panic/status/1713932159487033367?s=46

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

but have you considered that

Different countries have different standards and sometimes weird conditions that apply to their geographical area. In most cases the differences aren't large, but I'm not going to pretend that I have any special insights. Maybe they're being to hesitant in Washington London, maybe they know things I don't.

Playing Dunning-Kruger games of pretending you're smarter than a building full of PhDs is generally not good for your health. The CDC NHS isn't always right, but they're right a whole lot more often than a bunch of morons on the internet.

and furthermore

They aren’t going to make you a new vaccine because you personally have a yucky feeling that you don’t like two doses and a booster to give strong protection and want them to make you special shots that you vibe better with.

?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pingui posted:

Article casually dissuading people from getting a booster.

:hmmrona:

The expert is Monica Gandhi again, right?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
[Houston] Local health experts warn yellow fever could return to region

Who else is looking forward to another bug becoming endemic? :blessed:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Whoolighams posted:

No. The language is way too strong. Vaccines provide some protection against infection for about three months.

It's entirely possible for variants to evolve or already exist within that timeframe that will evade it, and even against target variants there isn't a guarantee that vaccine protection is 100% reliable.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Whoolighams posted:

I mean it's true in the same sense that it is true to say "at least a handful of people are known to have died due to the events of World War II." It is technically true. The current vaccines will give you some measure of protection against, probably, all infections for about three months.
Similarly, it is technically true to say that by slowing the bullet by some imperceptible fraction, my t-shirt is providing me protection against gunshots.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

genericnick posted:

The expert is Monica Gandhi again, right?

Michael Mina is quoted in the article, so I assume it is him, but idk :shrug:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pingui posted:

lmao, imagine someone getting paid to make this assessment.

Update:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pingui posted:

Remembering that the likelihood of getting COVID went up the two weeks post vaccination, I think a bunch of people got straight up COVID at the mass vaccination sites.

Edit: Which in the lighter cases could have been perceived as vaccine side effects.

I saw a loving buuuuuunch of people making post-vaccination plans for the hours or minutes following the first and second shots, I bet that’s in there too. Most folks had what I’d call pretty dense social calendars around then as well, lots of revenge trips to everywhere, and the idea of the perfectly neutralizing vaccine had people leaning right into “I don’t normally ________, but now I can” type behavior. I don’t think it’s a stretch to guess that diving straight into the exposure pool with the opposite of caution before you’ve got any antibodies can beef up the numbers a little.

That’s kind of how being covid-aware is these days. Something hosed up is happening, there are many obvious reasons why, is it possible that covid is a secret bonus reason? Maybe, it depends, but I’m pretty sure having everybody roll the dice on various extra problems a few times a year is going to make everything a little worse in the long run

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Feeling my very large mothy titers right now.

Also, that was my first time in a Costco :stare: :wtf: :lmao:

Costco is where america makes sense

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 12:36 on Oct 17, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Interesting study, indicating a combined biomarker of - at least some - PASC patients. The authors suggest it has the further advantage that standard SSRIs might be helpful, which should be easy to test. That - as a proposed therapy - seems asinine to me, as the proposed underlying mechanism is a persistent infection, but considering the low-risk of testing the hypothesis said test should certainly be done.
"Serotonin reduction in post-acute sequelae of viral infection"

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(23)01034-6 posted:

Highlights
• Long COVID is associated with reduced circulating serotonin levels
• Serotonin depletion is driven by viral RNA-induced type I interferons (IFNs)
• IFNs reduce serotonin through diminished tryptophan uptake and hypercoagulability
• Peripheral serotonin deficiency impairs cognition via reduced vagal signaling

Summary
Post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC, “Long COVID”) pose a significant global health challenge. The pathophysiology is unknown, and no effective treatments have been found to date. Several hypotheses have been formulated to explain the etiology of PASC, including viral persistence, chronic inflammation, hypercoagulability, and autonomic dysfunction. Here, we propose a mechanism that links all four hypotheses in a single pathway and provides actionable insights for therapeutic interventions. We find that PASC are associated with serotonin reduction. Viral infection and type I interferon-driven inflammation reduce serotonin through three mechanisms: diminished intestinal absorption of the serotonin precursor tryptophan; platelet hyperactivation and thrombocytopenia, which impacts serotonin storage; and enhanced MAO-mediated serotonin turnover. Peripheral serotonin reduction, in turn, impedes the activity of the vagus nerve and thereby impairs hippocampal responses and memory. These findings provide a possible explanation for neurocognitive symptoms associated with viral persistence in Long COVID, which may extend to other post-viral syndromes.

Graphical abstract

News article on the matter:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/16/health/long-covid-serotonin.html posted:

Scientists Offer a New Explanation for Long Covid
In some patients, remnants of the coronavirus in the gut may stifle production of serotonin, an important neurotransmitter, researchers suggest.
(..)
In their study, published on Monday in the journal Cell, researchers at the University of Pennsylvania suggest that serotonin reduction is triggered by remnants of the virus lingering in the gut. Depleted serotonin could especially explain memory problems and some neurological and cognitive symptoms of long Covid, they say.

Why It Matters: New ways to diagnose and treat long Covid.
This is one of several new studies documenting distinct biological changes in the bodies of people with long Covid — offering important discoveries for a condition that takes many forms and often does not register on standard diagnostic tools like X-rays.

The research could point the way toward possible treatments, including medications that boost serotonin. And the authors said the biological pathway that their research outlines could unite many of the major theories of what causes long Covid: lingering remnants of the virus, inflammation, increased blood clotting and dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.

“All these different hypotheses might be connected through the serotonin pathway,” said Christoph Thaiss, a lead author of the study and an assistant professor of microbiology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

“Second of all, even if not everybody experiences difficulties in the serotonin pathway, at least a subset might respond to therapies that activate this pathway,” he said.
(..)
Maayan Levy, a lead author and assistant professor of microbiology at the Perelman School of Medicine, said levels of serotonin and other metabolites were altered right after a coronavirus infection, something that also happens immediately after other viral infections.

But in people with long Covid, serotonin was the only significant molecule that did not recover to pre-infection levels, she said.

The team analyzed stool samples from some of the long Covid patients and found that they contained remaining viral particles. Putting the findings in patients together with research on mice and miniature models of the human gut, where most serotonin is produced, the team identified a pathway that could underlie some cases of long Covid.

Here’s the idea: Viral remnants prompt the immune system to produce infection-fighting proteins called interferons. Interferons cause inflammation that reduces the body’s ability to absorb tryptophan, an amino acid that helps produce serotonin in the gut. Blood clots that can form after a coronavirus infection may impair the body’s ability to circulate serotonin.

Depleted serotonin disrupts the vagus nerve system, which transmits signals between the body and the brain, the researchers said. Serotonin plays a role in short-term memory, and the researchers proposed that depleted serotonin could lead to memory problems and other cognitive issues that many people with long Covid experience.

“They showed that one-two-three punch to the serotonin pathway then leads to vagal nerve dysfunction and memory impairment,” Dr. Iwasaki said.

There are caveats. The study was not large, so the findings need to be confirmed with other research. Participants in some other long Covid studies, in which some patients had milder symptoms, did not always show depleted serotonin, a result that Dr. Levy said might indicate that depletion happened only in people whose long Covid involves multiple serious symptoms.

What’s Next: A clinical trial of Prozac.
(..)
There is tremendous need for effective ways to treat long Covid, and clinical trials of several treatments are underway. Dr. Levy and Dr. Thaiss said they would be starting a clinical trial to test fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor often marketed as Prozac, and possibly also tryptophan.

“If we supplement serotonin or prevent the degradation of serotonin, maybe we can restore some of the vagal signals and improve memory and cognition and so on,” Dr. Levy said.

Admittedly I am a layman, but I really don't get why they would just skip over "maybe we should treat the persistent infection causing the issue". Maybe someone more knowledgeable can see a (non-capitalism) reason?

Archived link:https://archive.li/dPoJ9

Pingui has issued a correction as of 13:23 on Oct 17, 2023

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
kiddo appears to have covid again, so that'd be a fast re-infection cycle. Guess we don't actually know re-infection since it could've been hanging out in a reservoir somewhere, but regardless, covid's back baby, awooo. She just started getting tired and more school avoidant last week and we had a lucira that was expiring so why not and boom positive. Negative on RATs though - I'm not sure if it's just not where we're sampling or what, but they've seemed to have a super narrow detection window in my kid.

anywho, it's never seemed possible to develop enduring immunity to this thing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
how long since the last one

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
~6 weeks

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Real Mean Queen posted:

I saw a loving buuuuuunch of people making post-vaccination plans for the hours or minutes following the first and second shots, I bet that’s in there too.
(..)

I don't disagree, but I think that changed with the boosters. Admittedly this is somewhat marred by my own booster experience.

This was the week where boosters opened up to the wider Danish population:

This is the percentage of the population with a booster (it was ~20% at the point above):

As you can tell the massive initial Omicron wave and the booster program happened concurrently here :denmark:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
18 hours after moth juice and i am tired and a bit nauseated, but not nearly as bad as i was after the first 3.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol if I missed my forecast for a multi billion dollar timeframe by 30% I'd be fired immediately

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
He's right.
https://twitter.com/TRyanGregory/status/1713958728058155289

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Petey posted:

18 hours after moth juice and i am tired and a bit nauseated, but not nearly as bad as i was after the first 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jnCwbXaDhM

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Gimme the lowdown on the new bubble vax, I've been out of the loop for a long time.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

like biden dumping his stockpile of smashed and expired tests lol

our system's incredible

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i am not speculating about this public figure

https://x.com/kprather88/status/1714085573739041119?s=20

I'm laughing, actually

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i am not speculating about this public figure

https://x.com/kprather88/status/1714085573739041119?s=20

I'm laughing, actually

she knew what she signed up for

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
In some profoundly unlucky way, I am COVID positive. I made it 4 years all the way until 10/15/23 before breaking my streak and losing this game in the most limp dicked way possible -- while bunkering -- after a busy year of masterfully dodging it on crowded transportation, in crowded public buildings, shared cars, numerous medical visits, etc.

Possible exposure routes:
  • (Most likely IMO) A grocery trip on Oct 10th in a P100. Lingered in aisles extra long unable to find stuff, trying not to narrowly follow where coughing kids/adults had been, which were numerous. Thing is, I wore a P100 and airtight eye protection. I was as sure as ever of the seal of both, and this STILL is the most likely route -- a stealth P100 leak. I even sprayed nose + throat with strong neutral HOCl when I got home to kill anything that got past before it could replicate, and this is STILL the most likely vector.

• On the same trip on the 10th, unmasking in a huge empty field with over ~100ft social distancing to other hikers, open visibility in all directions. Dry sunny air. If there was someone heading upwind I donned. I biked to get there in a P100.

• On Oct 7th I had a fleeting interaction talking over a fence at a person who had a cough when we were apart. Outside in a P100.

• Feeding feral cats outside in a P100. Besides the two dates above, cats were my only exception from isolation. Several days ago, one of them barged inside for a moment and sneezed at me to feed them faster, into my house air. I cranked up the corsi box and made the front room a wind tunnel, avoided it, and kept the p100 on several extra minutes.

• Apartment air leakage. Mine is a single floor house, sharing only one wall with a neighbor, along the kitchen and bathroom. It would have to be a very slow seepage. I count it as more possible because I could hear someone sneezing as they went in and out this week one day. That was by my outside double door which seals pretty well, and I cranked up the huge corsi by the door on high for the rest of the day.

• A possibility involving very long incubation times. On Oct 1st I had a quick chat outside with a neighbor in a P100. Sept 29th was my previous major trip out, similar to my grocery trip on the 10th, no worse. The 28th, chilling with neighbor outside in a P100. I've accounted for every exposure going back to Sept 25th.

• Some freak occurrence like an undetected sewage gas bubble, a secret bio attack, food that stayed infectious for several days in the fridge, etc.

Starting on the 15th, I developed a painful swollen tonsil in my sleep, pushed through the day since that's not unusual for me, then that night noticed a sudden onset headache which IS unusual for me. I also noticed my arm felt sore in a way that reminded me of post-vaccine. That gave me a hunch to test.

I cackled when I glanced back at the test and saw a single DARK black line, because it was not the C line (that hadn't even faded in yet), and it was just so thoroughly unexpected given recent inactivity and such a vague hunch. Soon after, a lot more symptoms started up (sickly tingling, worse headache, nausea, sinuses, eventually coughing and diarrhea). I was on pax before the 15 minutes was up for the test. Another test the following morning did the same instant black T line. I think it further points toward the 10th as a likely infection date, allowing 5 full days for the line to get that dark, because apparently by then I was CONTAGIOUS, extremely so already.

I was not re-boosted in over a year due to bad reactions. I was about to grab Novavax XBB this week. Shouldn't have held out. Probably my biggest mistake other than being so unlucky that it catches me by the skin of its teeth.

Day 1, head pain so extreme I couldn't sleep. Day 2, ditto but it's my throat. NOT MILD

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
Mothed up, babyyy!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Also, that was my first time in a Costco :stare: :wtf: :lmao:

Same, and holy poo poo.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

was thinking this was good and then realized maybe it means my immune system is still somewhat hosed up from my covid infection in january.

BusError posted:

Same, and holy poo poo.

did you know that if you are a costco member, and you start your own company or are self-employed, you can buy into costco's (excellent) health insurance and use it for your company/self, often at better deals than on the obamacare marketplace? https://www.costco.com/health-insurance-marketplace.html

maxwellhill posted:

bunker busting infection

good lord. this is definitely the most hermetically sealed infection story i have heard. i'm sorry, and i hope it passes quickly.

Petey has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Oct 17, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

maxwellhill posted:

Day 1, head pain so extreme I couldn't sleep. Day 2, ditto but it's my throat. NOT MILD

actually u will find that, according to the rules as written, if you aren't actively dying on a ventilator, your infection is mild

some very well-paid people who may or may not have actually excelled in school when they got their degrees thirty years ago decided so

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

maxwellhill posted:

In some profoundly unlucky way, I am COVID positive. I made it 4 years all the way until 10/15/23 before breaking my streak and losing this game in the most limp dicked way possible -- while bunkering -- after a busy year of masterfully dodging it on crowded transportation, in crowded public buildings, shared cars, numerous medical visits, etc.

[list]
[*](Most likely IMO) A grocery trip on Oct 10th in a P100. Lingered in aisles extra long unable to find stuff, trying not to narrowly follow where coughing kids/adults had been, which were numerous. Thing is, I wore a P100 and airtight eye protection. I was as sure as ever of the seal of both, and this STILL is the most likely route -- a stealth P100 leak. I even sprayed nose + throat with strong neutral HOCl when I got home to kill anything that got past before it could replicate, and this is STILL the most likely vector.

[*]On the same trip on the 10th, unmasking in a huge empty field with over ~100ft social distancing to other hikers, open visibility in all directions. Dry sunny air. If there was someone heading upwind I donned. I biked to get there in a P100.

I was not re-boosted in over a year due to bad reactions. I was about to grab Novavax XBB this week. Shouldn't have held out. Probably my biggest mistake other than being so unlucky that it catches me by the skin of its teeth.

Big oof on this one, friend. You honestly had a great run and I hope it calms down and passes quickly for you. It's just so, so contagious

My wife is traveling for work (state politics stuff) and I am honestly unsure of how to welcome her home considering it'll be impossible to stay safe. I hate this poo poo

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Petey posted:

good lord. this is definitely the most hermetically sealed infection story i have heard. i'm sorry, and i hope it passes quickly.

Definitely makes me feel kinda bad that we've made it 2 (3?) years now with the 3 of us just doing auras inside.

Luck of the draw, crazy stuff. Well, I'm sure we've inhaled way more virus than maxwellhill in those 3 years, just haven't gotten a runaway infection.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Baddog posted:

2 (3?) years now

Year 5 starts in 2 months lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

drat I'm sorry, you held out well and don't beat yourself up. At least you can rest easy knowing that it's still just only your first infection. As long you have less than others, you're better off health wise.

But I'm curious why did you think that this

maxwellhill posted:

(Most likely IMO) A grocery trip on Oct 10th in a P100. Lingered in aisles extra long unable to find stuff, trying not to narrowly follow where coughing kids/adults had been, which were numerous. Thing is, I wore a P100 and airtight eye protection. I was as sure as ever of the seal of both, and this STILL is the most likely route -- a stealth P100 leak. I even sprayed nose + throat with strong neutral HOCl when I got home to kill anything that got past before it could replicate, and this is STILL the most likely vector.
Is more likely than the below?

quote:

Apartment air leakage. Mine is a single floor house, sharing only one wall with a neighbor, along the kitchen and bathroom. It would have to be a very slow seepage. I count it as more possible because I could hear someone sneezing as they went in and out this week one day. That was by my outside double door which seals pretty well, and I cranked up the huge corsi by the door on high for the rest of the day.

Corsi cubes is great at providing a layer of security and clean up the air by just following the law of physics. The bad side is that it follows the law of physics. It does not immediately clean every single virion out of the air in a blink of the eye. It's possible that you placed the corsi cube in a unfavorable place where it wound up not being able to circulate through the entire air while leaving a draft blowing little bits of covid into other spaces and that's where you got got

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Petey posted:

did you know that if you are a costco member, and you start your own company or are self-employed, you can buy into costco's (excellent) health insurance and use it for your company/self, often at better deals than on the obamacare marketplace? https://www.costco.com/health-insurance-marketplace.html
Your company has to have at least one eligible employee who isn't an owner nor spouse of an owner to qualify for this plan. This unfortunately rules out a lot of self-employed people/couples, like myself.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

maxwellhill posted:

• (Most likely IMO) A grocery trip on Oct 10th in a P100. Lingered in aisles extra long unable to find stuff, trying not to narrowly follow where coughing kids/adults had been, which were numerous. Thing is, I wore a P100 and airtight eye protection. I was as sure as ever of the seal of both, and this STILL is the most likely route -- a stealth P100 leak. I even sprayed nose + throat with strong neutral HOCl when I got home to kill anything that got past before it could replicate, and this is STILL the most likely vector.

• On the same trip on the 10th, unmasking in a huge empty field with over ~100ft social distancing to other hikers, open visibility in all directions. Dry sunny air. If there was someone heading upwind I donned. I biked to get there in a P100.

• On Oct 7th I had a fleeting interaction talking over a fence at a person who had a cough when we were apart. Outside in a P100.

• Feeding feral cats outside in a P100. Besides the two dates above, cats were my only exception from isolation. Several days ago, one of them barged inside for a moment and sneezed at me to feed them faster, into my house air. I cranked up the corsi box and made the front room a wind tunnel, avoided it, and kept the p100 on several extra minutes.

• Apartment air leakage. Mine is a single floor house, sharing only one wall with a neighbor, along the kitchen and bathroom. It would have to be a very slow seepage. I count it as more possible because I could hear someone sneezing as they went in and out this week one day. That was by my outside double door which seals pretty well, and I cranked up the huge corsi by the door on high for the rest of the day.

• A possibility involving very long incubation times. On Oct 1st I had a quick chat outside with a neighbor in a P100. Sept 29th was my previous major trip out, similar to my grocery trip on the 10th, no worse. The 28th, chilling with neighbor outside in a P100. I've accounted for every exposure going back to Sept 25th.

• Some freak occurrence like an undetected sewage gas bubble, a secret bio attack, food that stayed infectious for several days in the fridge, etc.

Starting on the 15th, I developed a painful swollen tonsil in my sleep, pushed through the day since that's not unusual for me, then that night noticed a sudden onset headache which IS unusual for me. I also noticed my arm felt sore in a way that reminded me of post-vaccine. That gave me a hunch to test.

I cackled when I glanced back at the test and saw a single DARK black line, because it was not the C line (that hadn't even faded in yet), and it was just so thoroughly unexpected given recent inactivity and such a vague hunch. Soon after, a lot more symptoms started up (sickly tingling, worse headache, nausea, sinuses, eventually coughing and diarrhea). I was on pax before the 15 minutes was up for the test. Another test the following morning did the same instant black T line. I think it further points toward the 10th as a likely infection date, allowing 5 full days for the line to get that dark, because apparently by then I was CONTAGIOUS, extremely so already.

good lord, that is some incredibly bad luck. I hope the Pax kicks in and alleviates your symptoms :shepface:

Baddog
May 12, 2001

bizwank posted:

Your company has to have at least one eligible employee who isn't an owner nor spouse of an owner to qualify for this plan. This unfortunately rules out a lot of self-employed people/couples, like myself.

Huh. Kind of a derail, but what about if I "employ" my kid? Would be a pain in the rear end to start doing payroll and whatnot, but if we lose health insurance....

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Baddog posted:

Huh. Kind of a derail, but what about if I "employ" my kid? Would be a pain in the rear end to start doing payroll and whatnot, but if we lose health insurance....

My sister does this with a LLC, it can be done

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Baddog posted:

"Eligible" usually means putting in a certain number of hours, close to full time. So if they were an actual legal employee who was really working there, getting a w2, etc. then I don't see why it would matter that you were related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
im on day 8 now of this brutal cold and i have so much mucous in my sinus cavities its leaking out of my eyeballs, i work up with both eyes crusted shut with mucous

when i bend forwards it feels like i have weights attatched to my eyeballs and theyre painfully pulling them out of the sockets theres so much pressure