Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

killer crane posted:

Costco food court was being remodeled, and they only had hotdogs and cans of soda. : (

They are depriving you of your right to (With Refill)?

Wait until Jim Sinegal hears about this, there’ll be hell to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

killer crane posted:

Costco food court was being remodeled, and they only had hotdogs and cans of soda. : (

So they only had the best item, and the soda was upgraded for free, and you're gonna complain?

quote:

They are depriving you of your right to (With Refill)?

I think if you ask for another can they gotta give you it. Theoretically you could drink enough cans and deposit them all in the Costco Can Deposit Center and get enough nickels for a profit.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Zombie Dachshund posted:

This is all true. But my homemade stock goes into quart containers in the freezer for things like soup, risotto, etc. It’s a hassle to thaw that much and sometimes you just want to add a little extra oomph to a dish.* A spoonful of BtB is an easy way to add some salt, MSG, and flavor to something I’m cooking.

*I used to reduce homemade stock to demiglace that I could easily portion out, but that’s a serious time commitment.

Add the BtB to your homemade stock to get more stock per stock in your stock

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

So they only had the best item, and the soda was upgraded for free, and you're gonna complain?

I think if you ask for another can they gotta give you it. Theoretically you could drink enough cans and deposit them all in the Costco Can Deposit Center and get enough nickels for a profit.

BRB, going to drink 2400 sodas and get the world’s first $1.50 ¼ POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20 oz. SODA (With Executive Membership)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

namlosh posted:

I went yesterday and got some. I live nearby so I decided to come back for it and the pallet display was down pretty significantly in a couple of hours.
Good luck

Litter acquired

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Inflation hit these Lego ad ent calendars hard.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Around my wife's birthday, she received a set of pots and pans in the mail from costco.com. There was no note with it or anything indicating who it was from. We put the word out on Facebook and no one claimed it.

She called up Costco and they could not find the order and could not determine who sent it. They asked us to go to Costco and have someone at the store look it up.

The clerk at the store was baffled. They said that the order number was not a real order number and they have no idea where it came from. They're investigating to find out who or where it's from. The shipping label clearly says costco.com, but it is a mystery.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

those pans are cursed

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

namlosh posted:

How long does this take? There was a northern exposure episode where Adam the chef discussed it in mythical terms and I was always curious lol

oh gosh, it’s not that bad. A couple of hours, I guess? It has been a while. The main thing is that you need to keep the temperature under close watch to avoid burning, and stir it every so often. I just don’t have the patience for that nowadays.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Around my wife's birthday, she received a set of pots and pans in the mail from costco.com. There was no note with it or anything indicating who it was from. We put the word out on Facebook and no one claimed it.

She called up Costco and they could not find the order and could not determine who sent it. They asked us to go to Costco and have someone at the store look it up.

The clerk at the store was baffled. They said that the order number was not a real order number and they have no idea where it came from. They're investigating to find out who or where it's from. The shipping label clearly says costco.com, but it is a mystery.

accept your miracle pans from God

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Are they good pans?

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Remulak posted:

Din Tai Fung ANYTHING! I dream of the cucumber.

This is the closest recipe I know, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_aDVi4_uY. If I were more connected to Taiwanese cooks, I could probably get you a closer copycat, but :shrug:

I've actually seen Lao Ganma for sale at the 'co before, in addition to some lucky warehouses that have persian cucumbers, means that you can make a huge batch of this stuff on the cheap (except the chinese vinegar i guess)

Phraggah fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 16, 2023

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Whatever 3rd party fulfillment center / warehouse those shipped out of hosed up their label merge or printed on the wrong label stock. Enjoy the free pans!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Got my executive refund and Costco has once again paid me to be a member.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
mr costco always sends me birthday pans

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I need to cancel my executive membership. I just don't spend nearly enough to justify the cost.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

rodbeard posted:

I need to cancel my executive membership. I just don't spend nearly enough to justify the cost.

spend more dummy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

rodbeard posted:

You have been deemed unworthy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

waht the hell dude

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

rodbeard posted:

You gotta up your meat game and give BWBD a worthy challenger.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
went to costco today but it was kind of disappointing monday. they were out of a few things i normally get but more importantly the food court guy wasnt nearly sympathetic enough when telling me they didnt have any cups of onions !!! in fact i dare say he did not give one single gently caress

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
At my Costco the food court has not been selling the roast beef sandwich, because they are so short staffed that they can't spare one person to do the apparently time consuming prep work on them, everything else has a higher priority. It's a shame because this specific Costco was actually good about putting a lot of roast beef in the sandwiches to the point where it was almost worth spending the money on it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Probably getting all their people dragged back to Bakery

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gaius Marius posted:

- posted from the costco bakery

i saw the pumpkin pies and was reminded of your posts about them, but I never buy them anyways :smugdog:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Okay, I didn't mean for what started as a quick reply to this to turn into a long rant but oh well.

Gaius Marius posted:

No, when I say they're short staffed I'm saying there isn't even anyone for the bakery to take if they wanted to. Deli employees are supposedly responsible for making the roast beef sandwiches and they can't even keep up with their own production. I've made a few comments here and there to the deli people that it would be nice to get a roast beef sandwich for lunch, and every time they just laugh in my face. They just hired people for the holiday season though, so maybe things might change for the slightly better, but probably not because the few people we do have are already doing the work of 2 or 3 people and don't have time to train people properly.

Oh, and the trash compacter has been down for a couple weeks and probably won't be fixed for a couple more weeks. So we have to deal with open top dumpsters which fill up quickly, and until they drop off a new one we have to scramble to find bins to keep putting trash into.

Good thing we're not having a big corporate walk any time soon oh wait, actually the CEO of Costco is going to be there week after next. So management is freaking out about everything and the only good thing to come of all this is that for the first time since I've worked there, there is a store wide blanket approval for overtime. If my job isn't done when I'm supposed to leave, instead of being kicked out like I normally would to avoid overtime I get to stay as long as it takes to get it done (usually no more than 15 minutes but they wouldn't care about an hour of OT).

Costco is great and all, but it's still a grocery/retail store, and working at one has its own Costco sized bullshit problems that people in the industry always complain about. At least management for the most part actually gives a poo poo about us lowly workers.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

rodbeard posted:

go up to the counter with the rebate coupon in hand and they will refund you the difference while they downgrade the account

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

At least management for the most part actually gives a poo poo about us lowly workers.

Lmao, give it a year.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whats in the pumpkin pie

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pumpkin, eggs, Pumpkin Pie base, water, stabilizer.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

so the threat is existential

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Japanese Costco now has some shrimp fillet burger, it's all right I guess.

I also tried the western cabbage Jongga, it's too sweet, like eating coleslaw that's been dipped in kimchi sauce.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Robert Irvine PBJ protein bars are fuckin delicious candy and you can't convince me they are good for me however I look forward to eating all of them and will do so without regret.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

StormDrain posted:

Robert Irvine PBJ protein bars are fuckin delicious candy and you can't convince me they are good for me however I look forward to eating all of them and will do so without regret.

Nah, these are the real poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those aren't protein bars

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gaius Marius posted:

Those aren't protein bars

I mean... there's 5g of protein...

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

StormDrain posted:

It makes no sense. It's not right (ethically, morally).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yes those are candy bars

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Not Costco, but the real "its a candy bar" protein bar is either Snicker's Hi Protein or Anabar.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anabar has bad macros for a protein bar. But Reese's knockoff is tasty as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Those nut bars really are mostly nuts. They're high in fat with a small amount of protein. Good amount of fiber. That's basically the nutrient profile of nuts.