Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Did they make him do them all as punishment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

JGdmn posted:

Did they make him do them all as punishment?

The South Wales police are strong adherents to the "Your mum caught you smoking cigarettes" school of punishment

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I think the only thing Philly loves more than processed cheese, saying "jawn", and dunking on every other team in the NFC East is flippantly flinging quotation marks and apostrophes around like they're going out of style.

Unless you're talking specifically about Kensington or parts of Fishtown/NoLibs, in which case fentanyl is for sure the most loved thing.

I can't believe how much I miss that dumb city sometimes.

The only thing I enjoy more than that is watching the Eagles lose to the Zach Wilson-led Jets.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A rat is a decent first adoption. Only have a year, maybe two before they die of old age. Then you'll know if you can commit.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Stuart Little isn't a rat or a mouse, God-damnit, he was a human boy who just happened to be born to look and be the exact same size as a mouse!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Stuart Little isn't a rat or a mouse, God-damnit, he was a human boy who just happened to be born to look and be the exact same size as a mouse!

That's only in the book, and also they don't adopt him from an orphanage in the book. The woman just gives birth to a human boy who looks exactly like a mouse.

The movie it's never actually explained what the gently caress Stuart is, but yeah they do go there and pick the rat as a little brother for their kid, over all the human kids.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DrBouvenstein posted:

The mom hosed a rodent.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The mom hosed a rodent.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

bike tory posted:

The movie it's never actually explained what the gently caress Stuart is, but yeah they do go there and pick the rat as a little brother for their kid, over all the human kids.

I mean...if you decide you don't WANT a kid anymore, it's a lot easier to get kid of that little rat-LIKE-thing than a full sized human boy, ya know?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
imagine adopting someone named stuart. like everything about that seems bad.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

My favorite that I've seen, from a shop in Philly

But then you just get your key stolen, because you used a rasp as a key ring, and someone needed the rasp

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The mom hosed a rodent.

Waaaaaarpbone

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

bike tory posted:

The movie explicitly calls him a mouse several times and he can talk to other non-human animals because he too is non-human

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzThDWTAZYs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Something I remember every time Stuart Little comes up:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Baron von Eevl posted:

Something I remember every time Stuart Little comes up:

:eyepop: what a twist

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DrBouvenstein posted:

I mean...if you decide you don't WANT a kid anymore, it's a lot easier to get kid of that little rat-LIKE-thing than a full sized human boy, ya know?

Eh sending the kid to school is a pretty even bet on getting rid of them

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/qPkMSK2.mp4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Same as it ever was in Willmar.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Admiralty Flag posted:

The worst part of all this is I've been relatively careful about my hearing pretty much my post college life -- earpro when mowing with a power mower or in my wood shop, earplugs when needed, etc. The audiogram for my good ear showed only minor degradation from normal. The lesson is not of course "gently caress it all because bad poo poo can strike you out of the blue," sudden total hearing loss is a pretty rare thing to have happen, more that it's just frustrating after taking precautions for so long.

And gently caress tinnitus. I get whooshing and ringing alternately in my bad ear. It's maddening.

If someone with more experience opened a thread I'd love it, but I've only been struggling with this for a month so my experience is pretty limited.

You might check into Meniere's disease, it can cause unilateral hearing loss along with dizziness but I can't imagine why they would need to not be separate symptoms.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I asked my friend with tinnitus if he knew some ways to make it better but he said he hasn’t heard of any.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I asked my friend with tinnitus if he knew some ways to make it better but he said he hasn’t heard of any.

Nice of you to give him a ring

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I just make my ears be good so I don't get tinnitus.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

oldpainless posted:

more like oldhearingloss

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Not my pointless highlighting

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

oldpainless posted:

I asked a deaf friend if his other senses were enhanced when he lost his hearing. He never got back to me.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Cocaine Bear posted:

I asked a deaf friend if his other senses were enhanced when he lost his hearing. He never got back to me.

Maybe he’s giving you a sign.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Biplane posted:

I just make my ears be good so I don't get tinnitus.

Excitingly it isn't necessarily to do with your ears, mine is congenital and probably a brain problem

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

OwlFancier posted:

Excitingly it isn't necessarily to do with your ears, mine is congenital and probably a brain problem

much like our posting

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Byzantine posted:

much like our posting

meh, most of thats progenital

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Well then it's not pi

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He's rounded

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Oddhair posted:

You might check into Meniere's disease, it can cause unilateral hearing loss along with dizziness but I can't imagine why they would need to not be separate symptoms.

The dizziness is a key feature of Ménière’s and it’s hard to miss, as it comes in sudden attack form. My dad and granddad both had it, and the attacks made them unable to stand, and caused vomiting from the complete loss of balance. The vertigo started happening well before the hearing loss. Dad had to be on a low sodium diet for ages, and he wears a hearing aid now. Funnily enough, as his hearing degraded the vertigo symptoms decreased. Granddad died in 1998, so I’m not sure what his experience was.

Anyway, long story short, you’ll have very noticeable balance issues way before hearing loss if you’ve got Ménière’s.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I once went to give my cat a gentle boop on the snoot but inadvertently zapped her nose with static electricity. I felt terrible and she was giving me the "what have I done to be punished like that?" look.
:qq:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

I once went to give my cat a gentle boop on the snoot but inadvertently zapped her nose with static electricity. I felt terrible and she was giving me the "what have I done to be punished like that?" look.
:qq:

oh, oh, you shock miette!!!