Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Getsy's tool for drawing up plays

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I still wonder if the Lions D is held up by talent more than scheme, but it's going well whatever the root cause. Really excited for Branch to be back soon.

Redeye Flight posted:

Someone in another thread coined it the best way I can possibly imagine -- Baker Mayfield is the most vibes-based quarterback I think we've seen in a long time. If he's on a team where the attitude and atmosphere is energized and ready to go, even if that team is bad, then he plays well. If the energy is dead or rotten, he can't do poo poo. This becomes most of a problem when Mayfield has to play against teams with stronger vibes than his has, which the Lions are basically by default.

Lions have the best vibes in the NFL right now, it's true. Maybe the Dolphins can challenge them on that.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

i'm just watching this over and over and over

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ultimate Meet Cute

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

Ultimate Meet Cute

asking the guy wearing #69 if love can bloom on the battlefield

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hey, guy

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

We've seen this exact same thing with Patrick. Getsy is the problem.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I just don't get why Cody Whitehair, seeing his hand is on the back of Carter, continues to get close and hug him

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HootTheOwl posted:

I just don't get why Cody Whitehair, seeing his hand is on the back of Carter, continues to get close and hug him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg&t=52s

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Do you think Cody Whitehair tried telling the coaches that the last time he had to play Center he couldn't snap the ball correctly for one whole game?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Agreed. Don't trade talent. Last year was the teardown. Trading good players is a good way to have the first pick three years in a row.

They'll be free agents at the end of the season. Why not get something for them?

Sataere posted:

I'm pretty much done with this staff. I'm willing to give Poles another shot because a lot of the guys he brought in do look good.

Like who? DJ Moore is really the only impact player he's brought in and it required the 1st pick in the draft to get him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Bears have a ton of cap space and can just sign them.

Also Jaylon Johnson is good enough and is someone I would consider franchise tagging. Especially if there's a change in defense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The Bears have a ton of cap space and can just sign them.

Also Jaylon Johnson is good enough and is someone I would consider franchise tagging. Especially if there's a change in defense.

Why not extend him before the season like with Kmet? They had a ton of cap space back then too.

He's a free agent so you can sign him regardless if you trade him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Why not extend him before the season like with Kmet? They had a ton of cap space back then too.

Because maybe the current dumb bad coach doesn't like him
And maybe the next dumb bad coach that is hired will like him. You want to give them options to potentially keep the few good players

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

They'll be free agents at the end of the season. Why not get something for them?

Because comp picks and the franchise tag exist. If you have two top five draft picks, you don't need assets. You need players.

quote:

Like who? DJ Moore is really the only impact player he's brought in and it required the 1st pick in the draft to get him.

Just in this draft, Wright, Dexter, Stevenson, Roschon, and Smith show promise. Last draft Brisker, Carter, Jones, and Gill look like players.

Poles has drafted well enough that I'd like to see what his players look like with a competent coaching staff.

Niwrad posted:

Maybe they tried and couldn't come to terms. Maybe he wanted to bet on himself.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

C-Euro posted:

I still wonder if the Lions D is held up by talent more than scheme, but it's going well whatever the root cause. Really excited for Branch to be back soon.

Lions have the best vibes in the NFL right now, it's true. Maybe the Dolphins can challenge them on that.

I think it's talent rising to the level that they can be more effective in the scheme. With CJGJ and Moseley out and Branch missing a few games, it's mostly been the same D that was sent out there last year, and it's kind of remarkable how many guys have made huge improvements. Hutchinson went from good for a rookie to a borderline DPoY case. Alim McNeil is turning into a black hole at DT. I remember Alex Anzalone being a huge liability when he came over from New Orleans, and now this dude is just flying all over the field. And as far as additions that have seen the field, Cam Sutton has been a quiet MVP on defense, one of those corners who doesn't show up in the box score because nobody's throwing at him.

They've just improved at all three levels, and they're feeding into each other. The pass rush is getting home more often so the secondary doesn't have to cover for as long, and the secondary's coverage is tighter so the ball isn't out right away, giving the pass rush more time to develop.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Because comp picks and the franchise tag exist. If you have two top five draft picks, you don't need assets. You need players.

Just in this draft, Wright, Dexter, Stevenson, Roschon, and Smith show promise. Last draft Brisker, Carter, Jones, and Gill look like players.

Poles has drafted well enough that I'd like to see what his players look like with a competent coaching staff.

Maybe they tried and couldn't come to terms. Maybe he wanted to bet on himself.

That's a pretty big stretch. Wright and Brisker are the only ones who look like starters at this point. Dexter has the potential to be one. No one really looks that great and the names you listed are just replacement-level guys at this point. I know we'll do the "they need time to develop" for the next 4 years but other 1st and 2nd year players are making an impact.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
the bears need to clean house. that means new coaches, new GM, new CEO, new ownership, new city, new state, new country.

send them to mexico city

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

That's a pretty big stretch. Wright and Brisker are the only ones who look like starters at this point. Dexter has the potential to be one. No one really looks that great and the names you listed are just replacement-level guys at this point. I know we'll do the "they need time to develop" for the next 4 years but other 1st and 2nd year players are making an impact.

They all have limited snaps on film, but I've liked what I've seen from them. Young players who make plays is good. Those guys have shown flashes. Especially on a dumpster fire of a team.

trevorreznik posted:

the bears need to clean house. that means new coaches, new GM, new CEO, new ownership, new city, new state, new country.

send them to mexico city

We are not a warm weather team. We need to go to our friendly neighbors up north. I am ready to sing God Save The QueenKing before every match!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oso Abajo México Osos

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

tinstaach posted:

I think it's talent rising to the level that they can be more effective in the scheme. With CJGJ and Moseley out and Branch missing a few games, it's mostly been the same D that was sent out there last year, and it's kind of remarkable how many guys have made huge improvements. Hutchinson went from good for a rookie to a borderline DPoY case. Alim McNeil is turning into a black hole at DT. I remember Alex Anzalone being a huge liability when he came over from New Orleans, and now this dude is just flying all over the field. And as far as additions that have seen the field, Cam Sutton has been a quiet MVP on defense, one of those corners who doesn't show up in the box score because nobody's throwing at him.

They've just improved at all three levels, and they're feeding into each other. The pass rush is getting home more often so the secondary doesn't have to cover for as long, and the secondary's coverage is tighter so the ball isn't out right away, giving the pass rush more time to develop.

Legit forgot that Sutton joined the team this year lol. And yeah Alex "Anal Zone" Anzalone has been improving in the back half of last year, I remember him bringing the pressure on Rodgers that forced the game-sealing pick in the finale last year.

Like I said, whatever the defense is doing is working and I hope it continues.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sataere posted:

They all have limited snaps on film, but I've liked what I've seen from them. Young players who make plays is good. Those guys have shown flashes. Especially on a dumpster fire of a team.

We are not a warm weather team. We need to go to our friendly neighbors up north. I am ready to sing God Save The QueenKing before every match!

It's time to put the Bears on a floating barge in the middle of Lake Michigan. They can belong to whatever beach they wash up on that week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's time to put the Bears on a floating barge in the middle of Lake Michigan. They can belong to whatever beach they wash up on that week.

The Atlantis Bears!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sataere posted:

You heathen, O Canada is a wonderful and righteous song!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dr. Lunchables posted:

You heathen, O Canada is a wonderful and righteous song!

Dont they sing both in Canada?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Poor guy just wants a hug. He's scared.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

C-Euro posted:

blah blah blah blah "Anal Zone" blah blah improving in the back half blah blah blah bringing the pressure blah blah blah blah FINALE.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

One of the highest honors any celebrity could wish for

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-kwJ_l0oE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When did cm punk become a lions fan

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

these ISIS hostage photos are getting even more hosed up

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Bears have hired former Panthers DC Phil Snow as Senior Defensive Analyst

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The Bears have hired former Panthers DC Phil Snow as Senior Defensive Analyst

Finally. It's over for you fuckers!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

IcePhoenix posted:

When did cm punk become a lions fan

Dan about to get into a passive aggressive tussle with Sheila about the players running through a wall of gimmicked glass for MNF in two weeks.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

fake grass, cry me a river

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

goodness gracious this is one of the worst deep balls I've ever seen, what a play by Jamo to haul it in

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1714458022297120930

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's funny that both of Jamo's TDs are on kind of awful throws by Goff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do not even ask posted:

fake grass, cry me a river

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sataere posted:

Finally. It's over for you fuckers!

That's not a nice thing to say to the Bears!