Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iraqi government is in more dire straights than Irans. They are not going to invite large gatherings to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

You done good, buddy. Hope floats.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

best explanation I’ve seen is that this was a (successful) attempt to cancel Biden’s negotiations in Jordan

the meeting with Jordan, Egypt, and the PA wasn't going to be a negotiation. Egypt is paid off by the US, Jordan is basically a US puppet, and the PA literally is a tool of the occupation.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
After listening to that comparison video of the JDAM strikes and the hospital strike it seems pretty obvious that they were one and the same. Same sound, same level of destruction. Not sure how a broken apart hamas rocket matches a JDAM, but I don't know much about rockets.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Atrocious Joe posted:

the meeting with Jordan, Egypt, and the PA wasn't going to be a negotiation. Egypt is paid off by the US, Jordan is basically a US puppet, and the PA literally is a tool of the occupation.

all true but Israel didn’t want the meeting to happen and now it’s not

likelier explanation though is that if you drop 6,000 bombs on a city in under a week you’re going to hit a lot of poo poo

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

ram dass in hell posted:

you know how when some dumbass admin probates half a thread full of people seemingly at random and you didn't get hit so you go read other threads for a while

is coupons admin woken from his slumber i got got in the whole ppj thing :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

reminder this is what a direct building strike from one of Hamas' rockets does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSFBTbSBdU

That rooftop dog walking area is probably ruined.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Joementum posted:

all true but Israel didn’t want the meeting to happen and now it’s not

likelier explanation though is that if you drop 6,000 bombs on a city in under a week you’re going to hit a lot of poo poo

Or maybe israel is an insane brainwormed corpse of a bully that got it's nose bloody and can only get hard by killing hospitals full of families

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1714405678570410242

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1714407621392769056

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
just the absolute biggest cowards

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

loving evil

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

reminder this is what a direct building strike from one of Hamas' rockets does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSFBTbSBdU

That rooftop dog walking area is probably ruined.

that's what an israeli knock looks like, 60 seconds before they level the building

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jan 6!

Jan 6!!

Jan 6!!!

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Hatebag posted:

it's not a war crime if you say it's for illumination which really makes it seem like someone oughta take a second pass on the definitions of war crimes

I wish international law did not work this way, but the big treaties on weapons and war are basically opt-out and allow countries to make reservations and agree to only parts. Protocol III of the Convention on the Prohibition of Use of Certain Conventional Weapons is what bans using incendiary weapons against military targets among civilians. The United Nations Independent Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict found credible reports on war crimes that should be followed up on, but Cleary stated that Israel using white phosphorus on targets in Gaza was in itself not a war crime.

That specific treaty has a chart at the UN of who opted out of certain protocols and made reservations https://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDetails.aspx?src=IND&mtdsg_no=XXVI-2&chapter=26&clang=_en

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
"hamas did it by accident" <=> "our enemy is simultaneously weak and powerful"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ArminRosen/status/1714366484619710855?t=csOqkNtlDWKgOWmOlDeV_g&s=19

https://twitter.com/ArminRosen/status/1714384616109293791?t=d-YqqorEzSR7SRxmeZsYWg&s=19

https://twitter.com/LibyanIntegrity/status/1714392602970071374?t=csOqkNtlDWKgOWmOlDeV_g&s=19

:shepicide:

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Hamelekim posted:

After listening to that comparison video of the JDAM strikes and the hospital strike it seems pretty obvious that they were one and the same. Same sound, same level of destruction. Not sure how a broken apart hamas rocket matches a JDAM, but I don't know much about rockets.

Most of the rockets fired in Palestine are Qassam and Quds rockets which are made in Palestinian garages out of like PVC pipe, vent pipes, and homemade explosives. If you're in like a temporary building on a construction site, or driving down the road in a car, or walking around in a village, a rocket will absolutely fuckin annihilate you. If you are in a hardened concrete building like a hospital, they're not going to be able to hurt you unless it goes through a window. They could continuously bombard a hospital with these things all day long and not do significant damage.

These are not bunker busters, they are not meant to destroy reinforced concrete buildings. The idea that a single misfired rocket or even an entire group of misfired rockets could kill 500 people isn't just wrong, it's absurd. The rocket would have had to go through a window and fly down a hallway into an overcrowded lobby and it'd still probably fail to kill 500 people

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Oct 17, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

V. Illych L. posted:

people on another forum are speculating that this may be an attempt by elements of the israeli military to force the US to force israel to effectively capitulate on the prisoner swap thing, hopefully ending bibi's political career and letting them get back to something like the status quo

seems highly optimistic but who knows. the whole strike makes very, very little sense to me

Seems more likely that it escalates the war than forces him to back down, no?

Couldn’t they just force the Israeli cabinet to back down?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I remember when my morning poo poo misfired and took out a 1000 people in a hospital once, it happens.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Frosted Flake posted:

Seems more likely that it escalates the war than forces him to back down, no?

Couldn’t they just force the Israeli cabinet to back down?

well one imagines that they don't want to do an actual coup. i don't know! none of this makes any sense to me!

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Homocow posted:

"hamas did it by accident" <=> "our enemy is simultaneously weak and powerful"

Yep. Textbook fascist doublespeak

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

why are you guys debating this like nazi's have any rationality left other then to be cruel and appear strong?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Joementum posted:

best explanation I’ve seen is that this was a (successful) attempt to cancel Biden’s negotiations in Jordan

The negotiations in Jordan were supposed to help them out! Jordan and Egypt need to absorb Palestinians just like in 1967, for this to work.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the other ones are wack but this seems correct

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

aren't you the notepad++ guy

someone bought the notepad++;logo for me to replace one I had of the vim logo back when I posted in yospos more

edit: and I didn't bother changing it for like 8 years after that

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Proving Israel's point about terrorists using tunnel systems...

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Most of the rockets fired in Palestine are Quds rockets which are made in Palestinian garages out of like PVC pipe and homemade explosives. If you're in like a temporary building on a construction site, or driving down the road in a car, or walking around in a village, a Quds rocket will absolutely fuckin annihilate you. If you are in a hardened concrete building like a hospital, the Quds is not going to be able to hurt you unless it goes through a window. They could continuously bombard a hospital with these things all day long and not do significant damage.

These are not bunker busters, they are not meant to destroy reinforced concrete buildings. The idea that a single misfired rocket or even an entire group of misfired rockets could kill 500 people isn't just wrong, it's absurd. The rocket would have had to go through a window and fly down a hallway into an overcrowded lobby and it'd still probably fail to kill 500 people

hamas does have heavier stuff than the qassam rockets which they use sometimes, but i have never seen them use anything approaching this size. if they had a giant missile laying around they probably would've fired it during the initial surprise attack rather than try to get it off while under extremely heavy bombardment by the enemy.

V. Illych L. has issued a correction as of 23:59 on Oct 17, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

the other ones are wack but this seems correct

i mean yeah, which is how a democracy should work

teach us your ways...

/checks notes

...Jordan?!

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

ram dass in hell posted:

you know how when some dumbass admin probates half a thread full of people seemingly at random and you didn't get hit so you go read other threads for a while

I really like this metaphor. It's why I don't post any D&D IP thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

The negotiations in Jordan were supposed to help them out! Jordan and Egypt need to absorb Palestinians just like in 1967, for this to work.

Israeli hardliners are about as batshit as Falun Gong, don't think they know what is or isn't good

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Staged garbage, so he can return to Germany and cry "I was under fire" and appear like some brave strong man and not like Pissy McPoopypants, who just received orders from Bibi the Butcher and Genocide-Joe.

loving Germans, I wish we had won at Königgrätz in 1866 and then deleted Prussia. Nothing good ever came from there.

tired: using a time machine to take out baby Hitler

wired: using a time machine to take out baby Bismarck

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
So earlier today the Israeli PM said that Palestinians are animals who must be destroyed, a missile of some kind more powerful than anything Hamas has ever demonstrated possessing, immediately afterward several people in the Israeli government say "we hit a hospital" and "the hospital was hiding Hamas fighters" but it was actually a fragment of a Hamas rocket that razed an entire hospital according to the amerikkkan media

Sure that's very believable

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s an aside but i find it very funny how quite obviously Blinkin is so poo poo at his job that Biden, a fragile 900 year old mummy, has to go to a conflict zone to bolster support for israel

compare with russias Lavrov or the myriad of chinese ambassadors, none of them are having to get the boss over to actually sort things out

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

how likely is a coup anyway? Netanyahu is unpopular and I’m sure the Israeli public would probably welcome the IDF taking charge.

We could see Settlers vs Israeli junta happening

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
A preferred spending strategy is to invest in offense and intelligence, he noted. “Clearly everyone wants to be surrounded by concrete block, but we need to remember that Qassams (missiles) are more a psychological than physical threat. Statistically they cause the fewest losses, and therefore we must develop prevention systems but not invest all the money in this aspect.”

israeli defense minister yaakov toran in 2005

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s an aside but i find it very funny how quite obviously Blinkin is so poo poo at his job that Biden, a fragile 900 year old mummy, has to go to a conflict zone to bolster support for israel

compare with russias Lavrov or the myriad of chinese ambassadors, none of them are having to get the boss over to actually sort things out

Biden has made an extreme blunder visiting Israel during this genocidal attack. That is all.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1714403292569104454?s=20

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

spacemang_spliff posted:

So earlier today the Israeli PM said that Palestinians are animals who must be destroyed, a missile of some kind more powerful than anything Hamas has ever demonstrated possessing, immediately afterward several people in the Israeli government say "we hit a hospital" and "the hospital was hiding Hamas fighters" but it was actually a fragment of a Hamas rocket that razed an entire hospital according to the amerikkkan media

Sure that's very believable

we literally watched the message shift and change to fit a narrative in real time. not often you get to see that. absolutely 0 western journalists will cover it and will accept the debris story unconditionally