Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

spacetoaster posted:

Is there any photographs of the damage to the hospital?

It'll be pretty freaking obvious whether it was a big beautiful American/Israeli Bomb or a 23mm rocket.

the argument they're currently going with is that a fragment of a rocket spun off and struck a huge completely full tank of oxygen or propane (both things that are almost impossible to get in bulk quantities in Gaza even if you're a hospital)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can't help but notice that the situation has escalated significantly since the permanent ban of CHUD KILLER 5000

Just when we needed him most

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I would bet money that 9 out of 10 congressmen couldn't explain what a sanction was to you on even the most basic, rudimentary level

We have never consistently used sanctions (as in, a way that is coherent and trackable from instance to instance) and they are poorly explained to the general public; to most people, it's a thing we do to Bad Guys to show them we're Tough on Bad Guys

Sanctions are presented in media as a natural phenomenon, a feature of the Rules Based International Order where the Bad Guys get sanctioned for Breaking the Rules. Not only are they not properly explained what they are and their outcomes, it's not even presented as the deliberate policy choice that it is.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714461072684453998

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

trump voice: “I’m gonna travel”

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

Would Hamas have access to the kind of weapon that can do the kind of damage to the hospital, as Israel is claiming happened? IDK poo poo about munitions but it seems unlikely to me

i think one claim is that the illegal hamas headquarters that is under the hospital also has a large ammo dump and thus, the stray rocket hit the ammo dump and blew up the whole building

it still doesnt make any fuckin sense because theres no Hamas rocket that can penetrate that amount of concrete to hit the underground dump. theyd have to put the ammo on the roof and its very unlikely that the army that was able to successfully train in secret and ambush the idf would fail to consider that ammo dumps on rooftops would be easily spotted

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

They’re going to invade Lebanon and not Gaza. Calling it now

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the argument they're currently going with is that a fragment of a rocket spun off and struck a huge completely full tank of oxygen or propane (both things that are almost impossible to get in bulk quantities in Gaza even if you're a hospital)

surprised they didn't blame it on a lit cigarette tossed on a trail of gasoline

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

they don't have water or power and doctors are drinking IV fluids and rationing what little medicine is left but they have multiple oxygen and propane tanks that just happened go up at the exact time despite no secondary explosions.

sure okay

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

trump voice: “I’m gonna travel”

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

allahu akbar

dti dta

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1714369451317997805?s=46

welp

guess our government supports blowing up hospitals

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Biden ending American’s imperial adventures abroad?
No, more Benghazis!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HallelujahLee posted:

maybe but the current one is supporting/aiding genocide so im not sure you can get much worse

I will never forgive Trump for leaving the Kurds to die

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Israel's story keeps getting more convoluted and less believable rather than "they bombed a hospital" considering they were saying "we bombed a hospital" this morning.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

What if I'm Carlos Ghosn fleeing Japan? :thunk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The comments are truly something. People really are lovely toward her.

Google Butt posted:

that's cool and all but would they dare to drop the "gayest bomb of all time"?

That's the GBAT, not the MOAB

strong bird
May 12, 2009

im rating the response to the massacre as Fake and Gay and the only thing that will elevate it now is the news that a state of war exists between the republic of turkiye, the syrian arab republic, the republic of lebanon, the hashemite kingdom of jordan, the kingdom of saudi arabia, the state of qatar, the kingdom of bahrain, the sultanate of oman, the republic of yemen, the republic of iraq, the state of kuwait, the islamic republic of iran, the islamic emirate of afghanistan, the arab republic of egypt, the state of libya, the republic of tunisia, the people's democratic republic of algeria, the kingdom of morrocco et al and the state of israel

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can't help but notice that the situation has escalated significantly since the permanent ban of CHUD KILLER 5000

chud killer 5000 9/11s

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

So was that video that was getting passed around earlier of a rocket screaming like a goddamn banshee not actually from today? The one that was used in the JDAM comparison video?

I don't know much about rockets or whatever but surely that's not what a fragment of loose debris would sound like.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

joe biden sleeping on a plane rn over like portugal thinking about what shampoo smells like in isreal

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/mariyyum/status/1714425059476152550

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

now that I know these are misfired hamas rockets I am at Peace 🙏

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

Would Hamas have access to the kind of weapon that can do the kind of damage to the hospital, as Israel is claiming happened? IDK poo poo about munitions but it seems unlikely to me

pretty sure you can buy bigger munitions than what Hamas typically has on hand at any American fireworks stand

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i dont want to hear from anyone who thinks it was a Hamas rocket ever

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

PhilippAchtel posted:

The comments are truly something. People really are lovely toward her.

That's the GBAT, not the MOAB

I've made it part of my mental health care that I will not read the comment sections anywhere so I can spare myself the 30% of Americans who really believe every atrocity is crazy Palestinians blowing up their own homes and hospitals to "make israel look bad".

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1714369451317997805?s=46

welp

guess our government supports blowing up hospitals

"Nothing will fundamentally change"

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

The @Israel twitter account is gonna post screencaps of the C-SPAM "give hamas a nuke" thread as evidence that there are munitions in Gaza big enough to blow up that hospital

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and it will continue escalating until CHUD KILLER 5000 or a similar hostage of their choosing (any random perma they want) is freed

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Nazis see Israel as a laudable ethnic-state with a permanent violently-oppressed underclass. They want to replicate it sans the Jewishness.

calling it now, bernie sanders has a relative or two he absolutely does not want staying in his spare room, hence the hardline stance

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That hospital was no angel.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

they're gonna set off air raid sirens when sleepy Joe lands and shuffle him to a bunker, do a whole haloween hamas rocket haunted house kayfabe bit

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

they're gonna set off air raid sirens when sleepy Joe lands and shuffle him to a bunker, do a whole haloween hamas rocket haunted house kayfabe bit

inshallah his heart gives out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Owlbear Camus posted:

that's what they've been doing with every reporter and it's worked lmao

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

@israel gonna start screencapping cspam posts and make epic soy clapbacks tweets.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i think one claim is that the illegal hamas headquarters that is under the hospital also has a large ammo dump and thus, the stray rocket hit the ammo dump and blew up the whole building

it still doesnt make any fuckin sense because theres no Hamas rocket that can penetrate that amount of concrete to hit the underground dump. theyd have to put the ammo on the roof and its very unlikely that the army that was able to successfully train in secret and ambush the idf would fail to consider that ammo dumps on rooftops would be easily spotted

They're saying they had a secret base?

I remember this whopper of a lie

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

lol at the politicos debasing themselves by even going on the ground

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

VoicesCanBe posted:

Sanctions are presented in media as a natural phenomenon, a feature of the Rules Based International Order where the Bad Guys get sanctioned for Breaking the Rules. Not only are they not properly explained what they are and their outcomes, it's not even presented as the deliberate policy choice that it is.

An interesting side effect of this is that the average american is completely unable to distinguish the difference between effective and ineffective sanctions, so if you're in a party in power and you don't actually want to sanction somebody, you can just sanction an industry they don't have and don't participate in and act like you're taking tough action when you're actually doing dick all