Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
the hospital: so I started blasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charliegrs posted:

I mean since everyone else is throwing out theories based on some grainy rear end videos I might as well too. How do we know Hamas didnt blow up the hospital? Maybe they stuffed a shitload of explosives in a tunnel underneath it? By the way, I'm not in any way supportive of Israel I think they are guilty of genocide before anyone goes and says I'm some Israel supporter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

crepeface posted:

ok i remembered it slightly wrong:

lmao someone goatsed the secret service

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

fizzy posted:

How about people who claim that Hamas did it deliberately?

didn't we have people permabanned for suggesting that Ukraine committed the atrocities at Bucha or Mariupol as false flag attacks?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
all lives matter

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

text editor posted:

Oh come the gently caress on

There's a really good 2 parter ALAB about what a farse these trials were
https://www.alabseries.com/episodes/episode-23-the-scapegoat-part-1

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sancho Banana posted:

So now they're not even saying it was a rocket, but DEBRIS from a rocket that exploded in mid-air? And then landed, presumably through a window, INSIDE the hospital and hit some conveniently placed stash of explosives and ammunition and blew them up, and that caused a strong enough blast to demolish the building in one, big, singular explosion with no secondaries? Am I getting it all right?

Rube Goldberg was Jewish.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wanna see that cartoon cat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"You don't know that's the explosion that destroyed the hospital"

It's almost always impossible to prove things to these people if they don't want to believe it. They can simply say that the video evidence isn't depicting the correct thing. You would need the Washington Post to post the video in question and explicitly say "this is a video of the hospital being destroyed" to get them to believe it.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Pomeroy posted:

That self-selection bit is key, agreed. You could very well say I'm only an American because my mom didn't want to have kids if they'd be conscripted to serve in the occupation.

Just a qualify it a little bit more, there are people in Israel I'm sure who are not like this. It is a big deal to pick up your whole life and move to a completely different country if you lived in Israel your whole life and for whatever reason the indoctrination didn't stick but they are a shrinking minority based on what I'm seeing on social media and videos like this.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lol

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

"The blast" isn't deeply wrong, explosions are not sentient. Which conscious entity did something deeply wrong? WHO BLEW UP THE loving HOSPITAL ELIZABETH

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how can you be sure any event occurred, ever

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
This thread moves quickly so not sure it was already discussed but didn't Seymour Hersh release an article recently talking about how Israel is going to use a JDAM soon to penetrate deep into the ground and that it will be a significant explosion?

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

but what about hamas on hamas crime

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders

Al! posted:

turning the newsmedia into an adult daycare for heiresses and heirs has had unfortunate consequences for the people, but is doing exactly what it was intended to do

I did hear that Tucker Carlson was the heir to the Swanson fortune. I didn't know other media figures were similarly loaded.

Just goes to show that I think we should demolish the ivy League schools as they are the devil's workshop.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Zoeb posted:

Just a qualify it a little bit more, there are people in Israel I'm sure who are not like this. It is a big deal to pick up your whole life and move to a completely different country if you lived in Israel your whole life and for whatever reason the indoctrination didn't stick but they are a shrinking minority based on what I'm seeing on social media and videos like this.

it's the same as liberals anywhere else. they see an admission of the injustice their society is built on as an existential threat to their way of life, and will accordingly believe anything that allows them to continue to ignore/deny that injustice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have been very surprised at the response the atrocious escalations from Israel has received domestically in US. Sure the bourgeois media line is all the same 51st state trash, but on the ground, in my city, there are still rallies being organized and attended over a week+ now, with newer events drawing larger crowds. And trade unions have signed on in endorsement, distributing language to get their bosses to drop Israeli investments from pensions, simple calls for solidarity with Palestinian struggle, etc.

It's remarkable. BLM was the last time this kind of momentum existed but for an international cause it's very heart warming. Plus I think the trade union engagement basically didnt exist during BLM (although I'd be happy to see evidence to the contrary, this is just off my memory from that period).

The US left has no organized, mass political organ to do much with this sentiment but it is also, at the same time, basically a different world than just 2 years ago. Let alone the 10, 20, 40, 75 before that. And I hope more people take this international solidarity to heart, grapple with the realities of anticolonial struggle against US empire and also see how organized labor can potentially advance demands beyond the level of street protest.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

sometimes babies heads fall off

sometimes hospitals violently explode

things are just like that sometimes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

apatheticman posted:

I just think Israel would never shut the gently caress up about it if Hamas had missiles capable of killing 500 people

:shrug:

There wouldn't be an occupation if that was the case.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsitsikovas posted:

but what about hamas on hamas crime

Hryme posted:

Most Hamas members live in Gaza and the people there are their friends and family. That they would intentionally blow up a hospital and kill many of their own people sounds insane to me. Especially to score a propaganda point. I mean to believe that I would need mountains of evidence.

Charliegrs posted:

Hamas members go on a crazy rampage inside Israel that they know is going to lead to 10 times more Palestinians getting killed and they do it anyway.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That blast was no angel.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Stringent posted:

it's the same as liberals anywhere else. they see an admission of the injustice their society is built on as an existential threat to their way of life, and will accordingly believe anything that allows them to continue to ignore/deny that injustice.

Yeah all that said, I believe that these people have values that are fundamentally incompatible with mine. Not only do they believe in supernatural justifications for atrocities and apartheid, but I believe that egalitarian worldview is non-negotiable. Nobody should be treated differently or stereotyped or profiled based on accidents of birth. Nobody should be born stateless or kept in a refugee camp for decades with no meaningful path forward. No country should be a single ethnicity ethnostate let alone a theocracy. That guy who was saying that Jews and Arabs shouldn't be allowed to marry. It's gross. We're all humans. No one is better than anyone else. There is no chosen people. For one, God isn't real. But even if he was real, any creator of the universe worthy of worship would not single out one people on one planet to have special privileges and lord them over everyone else.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol all the msm outlets calling it the same thing, the "gaza hospital blast"

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Busy Bee posted:

This thread moves quickly so not sure it was already discussed but didn't Seymour Hersh release an article recently talking about how Israel is going to use a JDAM soon to penetrate deep into the ground and that it will be a significant explosion?

I only recall him saying a MOAB.

But could be wrong

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i would like to make a statement here in the cspam p/i thread —

i condemn the blast

i am saddened by the explosion

Regrettable Chemical Reactions

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Urethane posted:

i feel like I'm going insane reading the D&D thread. people are actually entertaining the idea that is was some sort of rube goldberg contraption that ignited some swamp gas and the hospital just blew up

just don’t read d&d
better off that way

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

games poster presenting the 3rd way ftw

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

stop posting this garbage you tedious oval office

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Keir starmer on the matter: I welcome the hospital explosion and id encourage them to go further

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hamas stuffed the ground under the hospital with red barrels

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Starsfan posted:

didn't we have people permabanned for suggesting that Ukraine committed the atrocities at Bucha or Mariupol as false flag attacks?

nah, it was just a probe unless i'm misremembering again. people got perma banned instead for things like "annoying jeffery" and "bad PMs" that i never saw or "repeated aggro posting"

edit: wait no, you're right OK baizuo and the white hand got taken out by denying that and also the holodomor

crepeface has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Oct 18, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

They happened to find a video of a small explosion in the sky occurring right before a very big explosion on the ground and said "gently caress it, go with this, it's the best "evidence" we'll get". dti.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i simply don't care what fascists and children are posting about the Blast

now spin that loving hate amerikkka beat again

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

crepeface posted:

nah, it was just a probe unless i'm misremembering again. people got perma banned instead for things like "annoying jeffery" and "bad PMs" that i never saw or "repeated aggro posting"

ok, I thought there was a standard that statements like "Hamas could have blown up the Hospital in Gaza" without any supporting evidence constituted a form of genocide denial and was an automatic perma.

**like so far as I'm aware absolutely nobody (even the most rabid zionist media) is claiming at this point that Hamas loaded up the hospital with explosives and lit the fuse to make Israel look bad..

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 05:50 on Oct 18, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal posted:

all lives matter

I’m struck by how “I care about all children” or “I care about all atrocities” rang such a similar, hollow chord

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
blast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Blast by Charles Platt