Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/itranslate123/status/1714573817920856136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

smarxist posted:

it's cool how biden can say with a straight face that he's going to request 100 billion dollars in war death and misery while we have like school superintendents saying "who's going to pay to feed these kids?" about meal cuts

just a rotten exquisite corpse society from one side of the tapestry to the other

Maybe if we start labeling everything lovely as being caused by Hamas Biden will get confused throw some money our way.

Minimum wage is too low because of Hamas.

Healthcare and college are unaffordable because of Hamas.

Guns are too accessible because of Hamas.

One of these will stick, just keep throwing darts at the wall.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What the hell is a "hospital explosion"? That implies a gas leak or explosive material on-site, not a bombing. A "hospital explosion" is categorically false, no matter how hard you try to stretch the English language.

The hospital didn't explode.

The bomb exploded.

The bomb dropped by Israel.

To kill Palestinian civilians.

e: For gently caress's sake, I'm a professional editor and this poo poo would get you laughed out of the room, UNLESS you're using semantics and half-truths to intentionally hide poo poo. Which is of course what they're doing, but it's pretty obvious and sloppy.

reported for anti-semanticsism

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

explosion

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

btw you should probably screenshot those tweets in case any of them get deleted

ARchive.is\Archive.today as well.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

remember when jfk died from a head explosion. crazy coincidence that a bullet was there at nearly the same time but miraculously survived. the kind of wacky stuff that happens in history

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mags posted:

explosion

i hope abbas told this bitch to eat poo poo but who am i kidding abbas is a loser

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I love the idea that Gaza can't have loving concrete and the doctors have to drink saline from the IV bags to survive but they also have hospitals well stocked with liquid oxygen and also some bonus extra spicy Hamas explosives.

Also lmao imagine if Hamas had rockets that could kill 1000 people per shot. Palestine would have been glazed years ago if that had been the case

Sorry sometimes it's nice to put this poo poo in writing because it's so loving insane people believe it

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Anything and everything posted by official Israeli accounts and western journalists right now should be saved immediately on the wayback machine (make an account and check "save outlinks" just in case!) and archive.today. Hell, someone should make a bot to do that.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
New phone call leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeD-y7_PTzg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Al-Saqr posted:

genuinely sucks to live in a world were jackson hinkle and andrew tate are morally better than bernie and AOC but here we are

imagine being gullible enough to think that andrew tate cares for another person beyond himself and is not just reading the room to rehab his image online

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Spaced God posted:

I love the idea that Gaza can't have loving concrete and the doctors have to drink saline from the IV bags to survive but they also have hospitals well stocked with liquid oxygen and also some bonus extra spicy Hamas explosives.

Also lmao imagine if Hamas had rockets that could kill 1000 people per shot. Palestine would have been glazed years ago if that had been the case

Sorry sometimes it's nice to put this poo poo in writing because it's so loving insane people believe it

I know I've said it a few times before, but really it bears repeating:

If Hamas had this kind of capability they would've loving used it already years ago. Hell, they would have used it during the raid that kicked all of this off.

It's blindingly obvious if you use even the most basic of logic, but I guess people can't put two neurons together in their brains to figure it out.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If Hamas had this kind of capability they would've loving used it already years ago. Hell, they would have used it during the raid that kicked all of this off.

It's blindingly obvious if you use even the most basic of logic, but I guess people can't put two neurons together in their brains to figure it out.

they dont want to put it together thats the thing because they're garbage

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

smarxist posted:

lmao Ohtori just peered into that dudes soul then turned him to ash

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lol I went to bed and it got even worse, I loving hate this world. Nothing loving matters dti

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sancho Banana posted:

Anything and everything posted by official Israeli accounts and western journalists right now should be saved immediately on the wayback machine (make an account and check "save outlinks" just in case!) and archive.today. Hell, someone should make a bot to do that.

Didn't they do that to archive Trump's Twitter statements when he was POTUS? I'm surprised there isn't one for IDF/Netanyahu/etc statements already.

mags
May 30, 2008

hey take the hospital “explosion” and ignore it. oh gently caress it’s still a genocide??? drat I guess death to Israel then

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

that’s why the osint guys have moved on to claiming it was some shrapnel in a parking lot this morning

mags
May 30, 2008

dti posted:

I don't think it's in the best interest of children to believe the indefinite hell that the medical industry visits upon them constitutes a 'gender reassignment', and there's growing evidence to support this view, and a growing awareness about the lack of evidence for the opposite view. What constitutes 'saving' trans youth in the discourse is actually causing further suffering. The majority of the kids I have known have major trauma in the background, others have reasons that are so typically adolescent in scope that it's a travesty that we would encourage them to absolutize their own transient beliefs about their selves.

More to my point and why I mentioned it, if you're woke enough to believe that there is an ongoing transgender genocide, you'd hope that you'd recognize an actual genocide.

If you still think my view is reprehensible, I wouldn't be surprised. I consider the prevailing view to be too ideologically hampered to help anybody grow up to become a real live person. Sending kids who don't know they're gay yet to be sterilized, and robbing other children of their youth, is not why I signed up to be a doctor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:yikes:

wtf

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

The post truth society rules it's awesome feeling like an actual crazy person just because you are the only person you know capable of seeing this for what it is

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
I know it feels bad to watch western media fall in lock-step with such a half baked and obvious lie, but nobody who actually knows the faintest thing about military hardware can actually buy this, it is completely beyond the pale. It's a 1000lb+ bomb and nothing else, completely irrefutable. They got their headlines up for now but this story will crack and a whole host of professionals, states and foreign media will not toe the line and only the most hardcore party die-hard dipshits will stick with it. Yes that's a lot of people, but no it isn't enough people to bury this. People will risk their jobs to speak out about this, the narrative is going to crumble in not a whole lot of time. They might get their war but the IDF's public relations goose is completely cooked to the rest of the world now, they are a pariah state from here on out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The post truth society rules it's awesome feeling like an actual crazy person just because you are the only person you know capable of seeing this for what it is

Marenghi posted:

It's really looking like that. Ukrainian Nazis created the myth of the holodomor and today the media is using the holodomor to excuse Ukrainians who joined the Nazis. They got their tentacles into Canada and quickly set about re-writing history as to why they were freedom fighters to join the Waffen SS.

Even within Ukraine the idea didn't take hold until just before the collapse of the USSR, i.e. after the Canadian-Ukrainians Nazis popularized the concept.

Everything seemed to draw forth from that. Robert Conquests book Harvest of Sorrow comes after what I mentioned in my post. As well as the US doing their own Commission after that. Then Radio Liberty starts to broadcast an audio book of his book, and the US Commission report into Soviet Ukraine. Thanks to Glosnost the authorities don't try to suppress discussion of it.

Then after the Orange Revolution Ukraine recognizes it as a genocide and start lobbying the EU and UN to also recognize it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Is this other team ever going to be found out? Gosh darn it, what a conundrum

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its truly some of the most brazenly evil poo poo in my lifetime

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
I wonder what horrors await us on this, the day if unprecedented anger

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Honest Thief posted:

Is this other team ever going to be found out? Gosh darn it, what a conundrum

it was the Seahawks

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

GoLambo posted:

I know it feels bad to watch western media fall in lock-step with such a half baked and obvious lie, but nobody who actually knows the faintest thing about military hardware can actually buy this, it is completely beyond the pale. It's a 1000lb+ bomb and nothing else, completely irrefutable. They got their headlines up for now but this story will crack and a whole host of professionals, states and foreign media will not toe the line and only the most hardcore party die-hard dipshits will stick with it. Yes that's a lot of people, but no it isn't enough people to bury this. People will risk their jobs to speak out about this, the narrative is going to crumble in not a whole lot of time. They might get their war but the IDF's public relations goose is completely cooked to the rest of the world now, they are a pariah state from here on out.

Lol they already were a pariah state to everyone else. For everyone in the west this has only increased their support and is a net win for them.

No one will give a poo poo in 2 months that actually the idf did it.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

harden your hearts hezbollah

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

smarxist posted:

it was the Seahawks

They also bombed the nordstream? drat...

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

GoLambo posted:

The new pivot is that Hamas was lying about how many people died.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lol I went to bed and it got even worse, I loving hate this world. Nothing loving matters dti

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Joementum posted:

that’s why the osint guys have moved on to claiming it was some shrapnel in a parking lot this morning

osint guys, the IDF and Israeli media have been hard at work on Twitter showing countless videos and photos that, I concede, almost certainly prove that rockets were launched at the same time that the hospital was bombed. And that's it. The rockets HAD to have caused it, it's impossible that a rocket barrage (very common event in the past 10 days) would occur at the same time as an air strike (also very common event in the past 10 days). Also don't think about it would've been impossible for those lovely makeshift missles, let alone SHRAPNEL from a missle, to cause that kind of damage. Nope, nope, it was the rinkadink qassam that did it.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

The new pivot is that Hamas was lying about how many people died.

That part is crazy to me. Thousands have already died, why would Hamas need to make up more deaths?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sancho Banana posted:

osint guys, the IDF and Israeli media have been hard at work on Twitter showing countless videos and photos that, I concede, almost certainly prove that rockets were launched at the same time that the hospital was bombed. And that's it. The rockets HAD to have caused it, it's impossible that a rocket barrage (very common event in the past 10 days) would occur at the same time as an air strike (also very common event in the past 10 days). Also don't think about it would've been impossible for those lovely makeshift missles, let alone SHRAPNEL from a missle, to cause that kind of damage. Nope, nope, it was the rinkadink qassam that did it.

The IDF claims that the shrapnel hit explosives stored at the hospital, which caused the massive and immediate explosion. We have videos of the hospital courtyard the day before that shows no explosives being openly stored there or moved around, but maybe Hamas moved a bunch of missiles in alongside the thousands of refugees trying to shelter at the hospital.

mags
May 30, 2008

Godlessdonut posted:

That part is crazy to me. Thousands have already died, why would Hamas need to make up more deaths?

lies as we know are bad! and plucky honest Israel would never stoop so low

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Godlessdonut posted:

"Everybody lies all the time."

"Both sides lie so who can say what is true?"

I think they want to muddy the waters as much as they can. Fry people's circuits until they just listen to their chosen authority and stop trying to make sense of all the narratives. Or just switch off. The world's population just turning away from the genocide and ignoring it would also suit Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

So the entire hospital staff I'm guessing was in on this Hamas ruse too

Really I think the biggest indictment against the pro-Israel side is that their story has changed 5 times in under 24 hours.

First it was an errant Hamas rocket. Then it was an errant Islamic Jihad rocket. Then the rocket hit an ammo dump or gas cannisters which triggered secondary explosions. Then the rocket only hit a few people and Hamas lied about the death toll by a factor of at least 10.

VoicesCanBe has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Oct 18, 2023