Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Got offered Nico Collins for my Jerome Ford (0PPR, 14tm). I’m a bit thin at RB (KW3, Aaron Jones, Ford, Singletary, K Ingram) but this feels like a boost to my WRs (Davante, Addison, McLaurin). Thoughts? I’m not really sold on Ford and Nico seems pretty solid, if not boom or bust. RBs are hard to come by in 14 teamers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Poque posted:

Got offered Nico Collins for my Jerome Ford (0PPR, 14tm). I’m a bit thin at RB (KW3, Aaron Jones, Ford, Singletary, K Ingram) but this feels like a boost to my WRs (Davante, Addison, McLaurin). Thoughts? I’m not really sold on Ford and Nico seems pretty solid, if not boom or bust. RBs are hard to come by in 14 teamers, though.

I wouldn't do this since it's zero PPR.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is the Dallas D even that good? They massively ran up the score on the 3 worst offenses in the league, and got wiped out in their 3 other games by power houses such as Joshua Dobbs. Trying to figure out if I should drop them or not, and this league has limited waiver moves because it is dumb so I cannot just waste them all on team defenses. During playoffs they have BUF, MIA, and DET which is not great. The Browns are available and they have a much more amenable playoff schedule of CHI, HOU, and NYJ.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 18, 2023

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I got lucky once on a homer pick when the Pats defense was unexpectedly awesome and every other time I try to predict something I get burned. At this point in the season I just play the stats and try to pick up a FA with decent turnovers playing a mediocre team.

No I am not good at fantasy football why do you ask?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pain of Mind posted:

Is the Dallas D even that good? They massively ran up the score on the 3 worst offenses in the league, and got wiped out in their 3 other games by power houses such as Joshua Dobbs. Trying to figure out if I should drop them or not, and this league has limited waiver moves because it is dumb so I cannot just waste them all on team defenses. During playoffs they have BUF, MIA, and DET which is not great. The Browns are available and they have a much more amenable playoff schedule of CHI, HOU, and NYJ.

DAL DST is injured and frauds, Browns are a much better short and long term play.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Browns are more of a great real life defense than a great fantasy defense imo but they seem to have a solid floor.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Uhhhh did anyone else's ESPN league just not process waivers overnight? I've got outstanding waiver claims in all three of my leagues that say they should have processed at 3:00 AM, five hours ago.

Nothing on the recent activity or offers report either.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vargo posted:

Uhhhh did anyone else's ESPN league just not process waivers overnight? I've got outstanding waiver claims in all three of my leagues that say they should have processed at 3:00 AM, five hours ago.

Nothing on the recent activity or offers report either.

Happened in one league and not the other lol

e: looks like waivers processed a half hour ago in the league where they didn't run at the normal time.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 18, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah mine ran like 3 hours late for some reason :iiam:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dango Bango posted:

I wouldn't do this since it's zero PPR.

inclined to agree with this. Also I'm against this guy this week and Collins is on bye, so it's a hard no until at least next week. We'll see how some waivers and questionable backfields shake up.

Our ESPN waivers also ran extremely late.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I managed to grab Zach Evans in a bunch of places despite being dead last in waiver position so I’m starting to worry that that’s not the move

Also grabbed Jordan Mason because Mitchell is permanently hurt so why not take a flyer?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Freaquency posted:

I managed to grab Zach Evans in a bunch of places despite being dead last in waiver position so I’m starting to worry that that’s not the move

Also grabbed Jordan Mason because Mitchell is permanently hurt so why not take a flyer?

Mitchell and Mason are both still available in my league after waivers and I'm wondering if it's even worth the hassle of picking one. I'd have to drop someone from my bench, probably Cole Kmet or Jameson Williams, and then I'd have to hope I took the right flyer.

My plan right now is to maybe grab one, and then when Dave Montgomery goes to my IR slot, grab the other. Or, I could keep my team the way it is and avoid the whole thing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Waivers should go through later IMO. With non-resetting waivers it gives an advantage to the East Coast for free agent pickups for players not worth losing waiver priority over. No reason it cannot go through at 12pm EST, not like there are Wednesday games. More ESPN East Coast bias.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Waivers should go through later IMO. With non-resetting waivers it gives an advantage to the East Coast for free agent pickups for players not worth losing waiver priority over. No reason it cannot go through at 12pm EST, not like there are Wednesday games. More ESPN East Coast bias.

The one good thing about using the godawful site MFL, is you can customize when waivers run. That way the one lunatic who sets an alarm to wake up at 3am doesn’t have free range of all the free agent pickups every week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Same here actually. In one reasonably competitive league Evans, Mitchell and Mason all had zero claims ??? I didn't bother because I am out of FAAB after getting Puka and Achane heh and figured I had no chance. But they are still just sitting there. Can't decide if I should nab one since they all seem like short term solutions and I don't need a spot starter.

Pain of Mind posted:

Agreed as a mountain time enjoyer. I'm in some predominantly east coast leagues and it is super annoying to wake up and see everyone got a 2 hour head start picking over the guys who cleared the initial waiver run for free. I would love it if waivers ran mid-day. This isn't configurable, is it? I'm always confused listening to the Fantasy Footballers podcast cause they're always making comments mid-show about waivers running. I'm pretty sure they aren't recording at 2AM so I dunno if it's a bit or what :shrug:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

RCarr posted:

The one good thing about using the godawful site MFL, is you can customize when waivers run. That way the one lunatic who sets an alarm to wake up at 3am doesn’t have free range of all the free agent pickups every week.

This was my ace in the sleeve when we had just had our newborn. The joke is on your fuckers, I'm already awake at 3am.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

just another reason to use FAAB. if you don't wanna bid $1 (edit: or $0, my FAAB league allows that) on a guy, no reason to alarm clock for him either.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone have player status notifications set on some app/site? Doesn't need to be fantasy-specific.

CMC owner here with both Mitchell and Mason as FA in my league but no room on my bench to stash them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Docjowles posted:

Same here actually. In one reasonably competitive league Evans, Mitchell and Mason all had zero claims ??? I didn't bother because I am out of FAAB after getting Puka and Achane heh and figured I had no chance. But they are still just sitting there. Can't decide if I should nab one since they all seem like short term solutions and I don't need a spot starter.

Agreed as a mountain time enjoyer. I'm in some predominantly east coast leagues and it is super annoying to wake up and see everyone got a 2 hour head start picking over the guys who cleared the initial waiver run for free. I would love it if waivers ran mid-day. This isn't configurable, is it? I'm always confused listening to the Fantasy Footballers podcast cause they're always making comments mid-show about waivers running. I'm pretty sure they aren't recording at 2AM so I dunno if it's a bit or what :shrug:

I know waiver timing is configurable on Sleeper. Don't know of that option anywhere else but I haven't looked hard.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freezer posted:

This was my ace in the sleeve when we had just had our newborn. The joke is on your fuckers, I'm already awake at 3am.

lol same. I gotta be holding this infant all night, you bet your rear end I'm gonna scope out the waiver leftovers the second they run.

Unfortunately every other aspect of my fantasy playing fell off a cliff when I had kids as my brain function immediately went to zero

edit: I don't see a setting for waiver time on ESPN or Yahoo which is where all my crap is

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

There's definitely a way to change it because my ESPN league has waivers that process at 11am EST.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
My kid was born in March of 2018, the Caps won their only Cup that June, I was silent cheering with my fist in the air while feeding my baby while my partner was pumping since he wouldn't latch.

I get first pick of leftovers because I work a 4am shift, has not helped out much, as I am 3-3 with losing the last two games by 50pts each.

And now I'm playing the first place person in my league with needing a D to pickup, ESPN has WAS and NYG as the one and two left on the board, they're playing each other so seems like a trap either way.

In bye week hell as I have 2 each of Cowboys, Texans, and a Bengal. But grabbed Evans to fill in for injured Monty.

Any thoughts on if I should pick up the Saints D or the Browns D this week, I have Dallas D right now, which I'm going to hold since they eat up lovely offenses, but will probably drop come playoff time because of schedule.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gearman posted:

There's definitely a way to change it because my ESPN league has waivers that process at 11am EST.

Weird. If there's a setting I sure as hell can't find it even with commissioner access :iiam: It always runs in the middle of the night. Can't find anything on google either.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Anthony Richardson is done for the year, so go ahead and free up that IR spot

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ended up with Reynolds (my first priority) and not anyone else they all got scooped up before him :shrug:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Weird. If there's a setting I sure as hell can't find it even with commissioner access :iiam: It always runs in the middle of the night. Can't find anything on google either.

Just checked, and this is what ours looks like. I took over as LM this year, and this was setup a long time ago, but it looks like I can still make changes if I want to. We also never have a FA period (as in, waivers/FAAB is always running so you can't just pick up someone whenever you want), so that might be why we get these options.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
How does everybody feel about DJ Moore ROS? I'm pretty thin at WR and probably going to start Watson over him this week but drat, dude clearly has skills. Might just be a wait and see scenario I guess?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Might get some garbage time points? Most teams won't be like the broncos and ignore the only playmaker on the bears, especially now he doesn't have a QB again. I wouldn't expect much going forward.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Bears do not have an NFL caliber QB with Fields out so I would feel pretty terrible about Moore in his absence. Like I would take Zach Wilson 100 times out of 100 over Nathan Peterman or a random D2 UDFA

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Inspector 34 posted:

How does everybody feel about DJ Moore ROS? I'm pretty thin at WR and probably going to start Watson over him this week but drat, dude clearly has skills. Might just be a wait and see scenario I guess?

As a Bears fan, I think they are going to try to force it to Moore. I get not wanting to start him, but he's consistently been a flex worthy guy throughout his career with trash quarterbacks. Why should now be any different?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Roschon is still in the concussion protocol and now Reynolds didn't practice today :laffo:

:negative:

e: I hope Roschon's alright personally at this point, two weeks in the protocol seems uhhhhhhhhhhhhh bad

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 18, 2023

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Inspector 34 posted:

Unplayable unless desperate this week, and probably until Fields is back.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AnacondaHL posted:

Unplayable unless desperate this week, and probably until Fields is back.

Was he unplayable with all his other garbage quarterbacks? If you have better options, obviously use them, but as a man who roots for the Bears and has zero faith in their offensive philosophy, he's still a flex.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah, he's still the unquestioned #1 target on a team that is going to need to pass a lot. Though I have a feeling that Kmet will see an uptick this week.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Give:
Keenan Allen

Get:
JT
DJ Moore

I don't like the idea of giving up Allen who is my best player even over Kelce, but I'm very weak at RB with dudes like Rhamondre and Sanders/Chuba as my 1 and 2

My other receivers:
Zay Flowers
Garrett Wilson
Scary Terry
Romeo Doubs

E: instead of Moore he wants to give me either Gabe Davis or George Pickens. I guess the big question is how much do we think JT is worth the rest of the way.

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 19, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DJ ain’t gonna do much between Fields laying eggs and breaking thumbs and Bagent throwing picks when targeting DJ

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fields kinda sucks at throwing the ball except for a few outliers in his career anyway.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I see the point that DJ has made lemonade out of lemons before but I still can’t help but feel like all those losers were still a big cut above what he’s facing this week

If you’re only asking him to be a flex with upside then sure whatever. At least he’s a good player with opportunity instead of a JAG with opportunity

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/SleeperHQ/status/1714702190579695749?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have never felt more seen. I even drafted Pitts lmao