Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Nybble posted:

Twitch rewards are live, 2 hours for a Shocker avatar, 4 hours for a bundle of credits and (Shocker?) boosters, 6 hours for a Shocker car variant.

https://www.marvelsnap.com/twitchdrops

See your progress here, https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Nybble posted:

Twitch rewards are live, 2 hours for a Shocker avatar, 4 hours for a bundle of credits and (Shocker?) boosters, 6 hours for a Shocker car variant.

Shocker says: I'm gonna blast ya!

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
If you have a Discord Nitro subscription, you can claim a free Hawkeye variant and a title.

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/17864336983831-MARVEL-SNAP-Variant-for-Discord-Nitro-Users-Promo-FAQ

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

If you have a Discord Nitro subscription, you can claim a free Hawkeye variant and a title.

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/17864336983831-MARVEL-SNAP-Variant-for-Discord-Nitro-Users-Promo-FAQ

just to clarify: if you play five games of snap between now and like, November 17, you are eligible to CLAIM a free month of Discord Nitro -and- the Hawkeye variant stuff.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Receiving a Windows Bite right before a Lamentis-1 reveal is a real kick in the teeth.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Nybble posted:

I'm doing https://twitch.tv/shneerp because it's not obnoxious like 95% of these streams. Coccia is also fine and I like the background music he puts up.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Jack Bandit posted:

Receiving a Windows Bite right before a Lamentis-1 reveal is a real kick in the teeth.

That is brutal

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Sandwolf posted:

just to clarify: if you play five games of snap between now and like, November 17, you are eligible to CLAIM a free month of Discord Nitro -and- the Hawkeye variant stuff.

Do I have to put in my credit card for this?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

Do I have to put in my credit card for this?

Yes, and the subscription will renew automatically if you don't cancel.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Just found this out. Also, you can't cancel your subscription or remove your CC info from the Discord app! You need to use the desktop app.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gambit’s ability to always discard the one (or two, if Wonged up) cards that I don’t want to discard is incredible.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

Gambit’s ability to always discard the one (or two, if Wonged up) cards that I don’t want to discard is incredible.

If you set him up with Wong/Mystique/Odin in the same lane and Wolverine/Swarm in your hand, enjoy the fireworks

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Red posted:

If you set him up with Wong/Mystique/Odin in the same lane and Wolverine/Swarm in your hand, enjoy the fireworks

Some fucker did that to me and my whole side got wiped out.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

obi_ant posted:

If it took 11 hours, that was me

Red
Apr 15, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Red posted:

Even with numerous fast-forwards, this took loving forever and I'm never doing it again

This you?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Not going to lie "This Dating App Blows" from the 5 dollar Deadpool bundle might dethrone "I whine on the Internet" as my go-to Title for decks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah careful with that Hawkeye thing, was just coming to warn folks but it's already been mentioned.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Took a couple days off and now everyone is playing Discard. Black Knight good?

Just lost to someone Shuri-ing an Ebony Blade to 40 power followed by Taskmaster so it certainly seems so

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

Took a couple days off and now everyone is playing Discard. Black Knight good?

Just lost to someone Shuri-ing an Ebony Blade to 40 power followed by Taskmaster so it certainly seems so
I think he's pretty good. It helps a lot that he's a 1 drop

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Red posted:

This you?

It is not me!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

"Temporary" meaning "until everyone forgets about it and moves on to gripe about other stuff."

Pretty much

Getting 1K tokens instead of a card you don't have feels like a punch in the dick

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got me shocker car, beep beep

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have barely used America Chavez in the past year but made a deck with her this week. Pixel is my only variant for her and I guess I had selected pixel as my favorite many months ago.

All this to lead us to: I forgot about the animation where a big star pops up on the screen and then the card pops out. The pixel variant makes this look so much like getting a power up in a different game genre. Highly recommend.

(I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to link the image so here:
https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/america-chavez-01/)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The discord thing is just a code you put in on the Snap website so you can probably just ask around for one rather than signing up for the trial.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BoldFace posted:

Yes, and the subscription will renew automatically if you don't cancel.

And you don't get the code if you've ever had a Nitro sub.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I got a thing from discord nitro premium someone can take 00qzC688yuNKg07

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Lister posted:

I got a thing from discord nitro premium someone can take 00qzC688yuNKg07

Thanks, I picked it up.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Cabbit posted:

I'm liking SuperTechGod's Shuri Black Knight deck, and not just because of this game:

code:
# (1) Black Knight
# (1) Blade
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Armor
# (3) Magik
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
Thanks for this! I pulled Black Knight and wasn't sure if I was going to bother doing anything with it, but I gave this deck a try and it seems decent. I've gotten a couple wins out of it. I normally don't enjoy discard decks, but this has been fun to play.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I know it's old hat to complain about inconsistent card interactions, but... Just lost a match because Alioth doesn't destroy the card Hulk Buster merges with (unless the merged card is also played that turn.)

From one point of view, that makes sense. The original card is no longer there to destroy. But from another point of view, it doesn't make sense. Especially when cards like Iron Fist DO move the card Hulk Buster merges with.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alioth is now in the “anybody using this is a cop” pile for me, along with Cosmo and Professor X.

I get the appeal of lockdown strategies, I do, but why play defense when you can get good and make the number go up?

No I didn’t just lose to that on the last turn, please don’t tell the Internet that I’m mad.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

harperdc posted:

Alioth is now in the “anybody using this is a cop” pile for me, along with Cosmo and Professor X.

I get the appeal of lockdown strategies, I do, but why play defense when you can get good and make the number go up?

But what if you play Shuri, make number go up, and then add Alioth?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

harperdc posted:

No I didn’t just lose to that on the last turn, please don’t tell the Internet that I’m mad.

Alioth does serve a purpose. The game lacks decent cards to play on the last turn if you have priority. You had few options like cosmo, armor, Zola etc. But going 2nd last turn, you can just win a lane with Shan Chi for example or any big power card.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I wish the Shocker card was for Discord instead cause I don't wanna watch some loving stream

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joink posted:

Alioth does serve a purpose. The game lacks decent cards to play on the last turn if you have priority. You had few options like cosmo, armor, Zola etc. But going 2nd last turn, you can just win a lane with Shan Chi for example or any big power card.

Just embracing the spirit of the thread title :smith:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

I wish the Shocker card was for Discord instead cause I don't wanna watch some loving stream

Nobody's gonna Clockwork Orange you into watching it. Just throw it in a muted tab.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Shocker says: I'm gonna blast you!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm assuming I shouldn't even attempt to make a Deadpool Destroy deck without Death and/or Knull in my collection, right

Best I can do is Taskmaster for the turn 6 play

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
You could do Shuri/Nimrod/Galactus instead if you have those. Or Forge/Hulk Buster/Shuri/ Taskmaster with the Deadpool Destroy shell, although yeah Death/Knull are good backups for any Destroy deck.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I don't have Shuri or Red Skull otherwise I'd be playing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Death isn’t in the best spot anyway right now with Mobius around, and Knull is nice but unnecessary if your T6 play is Deadpool+Taskmaster. He’s more of an alternate wincon unless you can X-23 him out early most of the time, so you’re mostly losing out on some consistency of a back-up. You could try using Zola instead for hitting big Deadpool or Venom.

It won’t be AS strong as ideal Death/Knull plays will get you but you can still have some fun with it.