Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

Hey everyone, I came back early because I owe this thread an apology for the stupid poo poo I said the other day. I thought I knew what I was talking about wrt to the "Harden Your Heart Putin" song, but shocking, shockingly, I didn't. Specifically, I didn't understand this important bit of context:

This is something that I could have easily looked up, because there are like 50 Reddit threads talking about it and explaining this. But I didn't, because I am a dumbass who thought he knew what he was talking about. Thank you to everyone who explained it to me. Needless to say, whenever I turn off my monitor this is what I see:

Anyway, I'm sorry for being a preachy dipshit. I'll try to be less of one in the future, and remember that it's not my place to tell oppressed people how to speak through art about their oppression. DTI, DTA, gently caress John Fetterman, gently caress Zelenskyy, Israel 100% blew up that loving hospital.

love that stupid loving AIPAC ogre catching strays. gently caress um

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Just hang around more, man, you're good company.

TY, God help me I will learn to manage my anxiety.

mcmagic posted:

love that stupid loving AIPAC ogre catching strays. gently caress um

Yeah, I knew he was pro-Israel but I didn't realize how committed he is until now, and :wow:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Death By The Blues posted:

Footage/announcement of Kata'ib Hezbollah striking against the US in Iraq

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1714752536488620155

Would like to see Iran and Syria start getting involved, at least in terms of attacking US position in Iraq and Syria itself (respectively).

It may not be logistically feasible for them to attack Israel directly but they can at least put pressure on the overextended US military in other locations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Joementum posted:

Biden admin is insanely stupid to allow this to leak if Joe really did give a go ahead for ethnic cleansing

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1714747143326711993?s=46

gently caress this pudding brained piece of poo poo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Majorian posted:

TY, God help me I will learn to manage my anxiety.

Yeah, I knew he was pro-Israel but I didn't realize how committed he is until now, and :wow:

I think literally the only campaign event where he put a suit on was to go lick AIPAC's rear end in a top hat and beg them not to run mean ads against him.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

drat

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

So you see there will be no post war plan if we kill them all.

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1714758144801345777

When they say post war plan, what they actually mean is “Uhh, you have plans to keep the other savages in line once this is done, right? You know you’ve just kicked the Hornet’s nest, so please please please tell me you’re not just making this up as you’re going along…right? Because that would be really, really BAD FOR EVERYBODY if you were.”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

little too much contrast on this one

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

When they say post war plan, what they actually mean is “Uhh, you have plans to keep the other savages in line once this is done, right? You know you’ve just kicked the Hornet’s nest, so please please please tell me you’re not just making this up as you’re going along…right? Because that would be really, really BAD FOR EVERYBODY if you were.”

no I think they mean they’re glassing it and there isn’t a post war plan for Palestine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I would argue that the president IS countermanding an entire nation. He’s just doing it favor of US policy towards Israel because it’s a project he’s been personally invested in for over forty years.

an interesting position. i dont know where the average american falls on this, nor do i know if it possible to ascertain. there has been so much propaganda for so long i am not sure we can assign individual agency to poll respondents on this matter.

i guess, applying a montesquieuian "spirit" to a virginal american polity, we would be against this occupation. we did of course take up arms in a revolutionary struggle against a settler colonial oppressor. but thats utopian thinking.

another question i have is how important is israel to the american imperial project? if we are to assume all this cruelty to the palestinian people is known and understood by the "real dead-eyed operators" behind the scenes, are they correct in their course of action? is funding (and possibly perpetuating themselves) this genocide "worth it" to the american geopolitical position? devoid or morals or conceptions of justice.

i see a future where due to the simple realities of climate change and the finite amount of oil in the middle east eventually the US's need for israel will wane and our support will atrophy. or maybe this future moment is beyond the nations natural event horizon.

im really ignorant reckon

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Hatebag posted:

3 hitlers numbered 1, 2, and 4

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
https://twitter.com/andylancaster/status/1714742235147682020

watching a man whose brain is jelly being asked questions about genocide policy and just doing the vacant open-mouthed grandpa stare is on the dire side

it is so far past his bedtime

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

they're going to try to build that ai generated rollercoaster park with the highway that turns cars into boats

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Strep Vote posted:

Genicidin' Biden

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Don't remember this quake expansion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

watching a man whose brain is jelly being asked questions about genocide policy and just doing the vacant open-mouthed grandpa stare is on the dire side

Biden is going to do the war of civilizations that Bush just couldn't get going?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Why is that reporter asking questions to a half-dead husk of skin and bones

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Hello? I need the darkest Brandon you have. No, that's too dark.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

lmao this clip is gonna be played non stop for Trump ads next year when Americans are bogged down on the hills and plains of Lebanon and Syria

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

strong president for a thriving nation. LOL. gently caress him

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Not empty posting. My Imgur link somehow keeps failing.

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Oct 18, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

i see a future where due to the simple realities of climate change and the finite amount of oil in the middle east eventually the US's need for israel will wane and our support will atrophy. or maybe this future moment is beyond the nations natural event horizon.

see I would say the opposite. America is addicted to oil and as America’s control of the periphery wanes, it’s going to need to immiserate and exploit resources of the remaining colonies much much harder. cheap bountiful oil is the blood of america, any disruptions result in massive profit impacts and disruption to the hamburger life. america needs to be the one to consume as much oil as possible and as cheaply as possible. this means trying to expend energy to reify it’s ME imperialism and keep the resource colonies in line and subservient

so us needs Israel more than ever

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

of course the original is in black and white

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

thats not joe biden thats superdave doing a bit about being president

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Smythe posted:

an interesting position. i dont know where the average american falls on this, nor do i know if it possible to ascertain. there has been so much propaganda for so long i am not sure we can assign individual agency to poll respondents on this matter.

i guess, applying a montesquieuian "spirit" to a virginal american polity, we would be against this occupation. we did of course take up arms in a revolutionary struggle against a settler colonial oppressor. but thats utopian thinking.

another question i have is how important is israel to the american imperial project? if we are to assume all this cruelty to the palestinian people is known and understood by the "real dead-eyed operators" behind the scenes, are they correct in their course of action? is funding (and possibly perpetuating themselves) this genocide "worth it" to the american geopolitical position? devoid or morals or conceptions of justice.

Lot of people emphasize American Evangelism in our support for Israel, but this country is antisemitic as hell, we don't care about religion. I think it has more to do with the World War II mythos, that Israel is "proof" we emancipated the camps and did war justly, thus justifying every venture since. To surrender that mythos by allowing for a reform of the region is to surrender the myth of American exceptionalism. All conservative evangelism is ultimately civil religion once baked down to basics.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Footage/announcement of Kata'ib Hezbollah striking against the US in Iraq

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1714752536488620155

So what Trump is better now??

So what Trump is better now????

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Smythe posted:

*puffs corncob pipe thoughtfully*

Ayuh

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

it would be funny if China started massing soldiers near Quanzhou

would need to update the gif

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

PhilippAchtel posted:

So what Trump is better now??

So what Trump is better now????

always has been

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

I like this map because you don't have to know what it represents to see how cleanly the world is cleaved in two

This makes certain countries seem cooler than they are, and then there are others (wtf Cameroon? lol)

global northwest vs. global majority

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

mags posted:

of course the original is in black and white

Thanks, I was wondering why it does not work or preview.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Dokapon Findom posted:

I like this map because you don't have to know what it represents to see how cleanly the world is cleaved in two

This makes certain countries seem cooler than they are, and then there are others (wtf Cameroon? lol)

whats the ukraine up to, there

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Do I need to play the first to understand the second one?

I don't have an Xbox 360

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian posted:

Hey everyone, I came back early because I owe this thread an apology for the stupid poo poo I said the other day. I thought I knew what I was talking about wrt to the "Harden Your Heart Putin" song, but shocking, shockingly, I didn't. Specifically, I didn't understand this important bit of context:

This is something that I could have easily looked up, because there are like 50 Reddit threads talking about it and explaining this. But I didn't, because I am a dumbass who thought he knew what he was talking about. Thank you to everyone who explained it to me. Needless to say, whenever I turn off my monitor this is what I see:

Anyway, I'm sorry for being a preachy dipshit. I'll try to be less of one in the future, and remember that it's not my place to tell oppressed people how to speak through art about their oppression. DTI, DTA, gently caress John Fetterman, gently caress Zelenskyy, Israel 100% blew up that loving hospital.

stfu

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

skipmyseashells posted:

no I think they mean they’re glassing it and there isn’t a post war plan for Palestine

Oh! When they said post war plans, I thought they were referring to the rest of the Middle East. My mistake! Yes, that is certainly their post war plan for Palestine

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Lot of people emphasize American Evangelism in our support for Israel, but this country is antisemitic as hell, we don't care about religion. I think it has more to do with the World War II mythos, that Israel is "proof" we emancipated the camps and did war justly, thus justifying every venture since. To surrender that mythos by allowing for a reform of the region is to surrender the myth of American exceptionalism. All conservative evangelism is ultimately civil religion once baked down to basics.

I think it’s very simply that the west is wired to colonize the natives. colonization became impolite/wrong but, what if the colonizers are victims? moral ambiguity gone, now we can enjoy the manifest destiny. fundamentally it’s just the American west game plan, whites versus browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Up to 20!

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1714745567824216328?t=VKfwY3taWiyDQoZYhNuz6w&s=19