Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

big pro Palestine rally in the Philippines right now. maybe gradenko is there.

Yeah I saw him there too, but I was kinda behind and to the side from him so I could only see him holding up his phone straight out and staring right at a cameraman. Not sure what that was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Israeli are big fans of Xenogears.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

god i love 9/11

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

salartarium posted:

I know I’m one of the few that still cares, but watching all these masses of people in Beruit, the Capitol, etc. my first thought is that these will be super spreader events. I’m still masking up until we’re out of flu season.

stfu

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JewishCurrents/status/1714800860855685477

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Pw_TxBe7w

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol coward deleted like the scum he is

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

This may be what Israel was looking for by attacking the hospital. Create something so horrifying that it draws Lebanon, etc. into the conflict. At that point Biden throws in as well, and with direct US military support (as in boots on the ground), Israel has the cover it needs to invade Gaza.

Question is - assuming nobody takes the bait, how long can 2x US carrier groups stay moored off the coast of Israel to protect them in the event of a regional scuffle that may be held off by their presence? Indefinitely?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
feel like my animal crossing gangtag doesn't help my appearance as a staunch critic of israel

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DancingShade posted:

Question is - assuming nobody takes the bait, how long can 2x US carrier groups stay moored off the coast of Israel to protect them in the event of a regional scuffle that may be held off by their presence? Indefinitely?

yes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"The Gaza tunnels have haunted Israel for years because they allow surprise attacks and strategic deception," David Ignatius writes.

"The Israeli military has an elite unit within its engineering corps known as 'Samur,' the Hebrew word for 'weasel,' which is also an acronym for the phrase 'passageways and tunnels.' These are some of Israel’s toughest fighters, and they will likely experience intense combat over the next few weeks."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/10/17/gaza-tunnels-israel-hamas-war-fighting/

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
in the med they might as well be islands unless they get hit by smth

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

DancingShade posted:

they are designed for long deployments and the reactors have a 20+ year refuel cycle

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mags posted:

they are designed for long deployments and the reactors have a 20+ year refuel cycle

Neat. New permanent fixtures.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

"The Gaza tunnels have haunted Israel for years because they allow surprise attacks and strategic deception," David Ignatius writes.

"The Israeli military has an elite unit within its engineering corps known as 'Samur,' the Hebrew word for 'weasel,' which is also an acronym for the phrase 'passageways and tunnels.' These are some of Israel’s toughest fighters, and they will likely experience intense combat over the next few weeks."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/10/17/gaza-tunnels-israel-hamas-war-fighting/

idc how trained you are theres no way u attack into unknown tunnels that the enemy knows by heart

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1714774971040305402

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mags posted:

sailors unfortunately cannot eat uranium or superheated steam

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

salartarium posted:

I know I’m one of the few that still cares, but watching all these masses of people in Beruit, the Capitol, etc. my first thought is that these will be super spreader events. I’m still masking up until we’re out of flu season.

Major disasters are always accompanied by a wave of disease deaths, and now covid is the main one. Although in Palestine the population has few people at the age where they're most vulnerable to dying of covid, because so many people die of violence or deprivation before reaching that age.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think the bigger problem will be that they can't breath underwater

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

lol the first time I saw this my brain told me it was actually from one of those awful onion-likes

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they can swap out crew really easily in the mediterranean tho

like they're a full carrier group not just two carriers

mags
May 30, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Neat. New permanent fixtures.

well sorta the people on board still need food and the jets still need jet fuel, all stuff they have supply networks for but it’s material support, even if they don’t need oil for burners. usually they stay out like 6-8 months and cycle them. we have like 14? now so yeah. gently caress America

mags
May 30, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

DancingShade posted:

Those particular carriers, no, they'll only be there for a time measured in months even with the US's global replenishment network. Can the US substitute two other carriers when those need to head back to port for whatever reason? That can be done until the US gets bored, yes.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

wow, big pivot from joe, but i'm happy to see it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ok this is incredible, the systems went down simultaneously so they assumed it was a bug and called tech support Lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

why does he look like that

ahhh

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mola Yam posted:

wow, big pivot from joe, but i'm happy to see it.

why's he dressing like kim jong il

mags
May 30, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

why does he look like that

ahhh

got buried in the pet cemetery

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

mags posted:

well sorta the people on board still need food and the jets still need jet fuel, all stuff they have supply networks for but it’s material support, even if they don’t need oil for burners. usually they stay out like 6-8 months and cycle them. we have like 14? now so yeah. gently caress America

I thought America only had 4 active carriers at a time and the rest are in repair?

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019/11/18/most-u-s-aircraft-carriers-sit-idle-in-virginia-ports/

PawParole has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Oct 19, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

CODChimera posted:

they should send bojo

do you want ww3 ???

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

World News Tonight with David Muir: aka the shittiest full throated propaganda show ABC had every produced.

Tonight they settled on "it's def a Hamas rocket, but boo hoo no one will believe Israel no matter the evidence!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

someone should decide to impress jodie foster the old fashioned way again

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Nix Panicus posted:

McClellan was either a traitor or king coward, and he hired literal Pinkertons to do force reconnaissance on the Confederate army and they kept reporting back that the army was so big as to be unassailable, justifying McClellan's inaction

McClellan was a good strategist and good at building armies but bad at actually fighting battles

hiring the pinkertons made sense since the US didn't have an intelligence agency at the time so a detective agency was the closest thing the US had

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If they had shot straight it could have killed a lot of Israelis. Is that what he wants??

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that fp article is right that russia has big reason/opportunity to try and get the US dragged into a quagmire with a regional conflict, just think of the oil prices buffering their budget lol. Time to send weapons and armor to hezbollah Putin

mags
May 30, 2008

PawParole posted:

I thought America only had 4 active carriers at a time and the rest are in repair?

yeah it’s a constant “availability” cycle like the teeth of a shark I guess a well funded genocidal machine able to keep a constant presence

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
harden your heart putin

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Owlbear Camus posted:

someone should decide to impress jodie foster the old fashioned way again

X keeps showing that fugly 40 marvel AI'ed faces ad over and over lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I remember when everyone got angry at me in the old musk thread for saying this guy was a grifter hack piece of poo poo.

Anyway I was right. I'll take my apologizes in the form of a pm so as to not clutter the thread.

Was he the guy who thought there was an overpass between Gaza and the West Bank or was that a different vox stooge?