Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is the content I crave

lol im watching it too. kinda neat video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Google Butt posted:

Israel is gonna get fuckin owned in a ground war

if they even go in

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

On Saturday at approximately 6:30 a.m., Hamas launched, according to reports, about 140-150 drones with bombs and simultaneously managed to disable all the firing positions in the line. Not a single shot was fired from a hundred positions.

іній posted:

https://t.me/ice_inii/1117?embed=1
(drone video from Voice of Israel telegram)

Magav don't even understand what's going on 😒

That's how the arrogance of those who rested on their laurels gets lost.

But that's ok, it'll make them angrier.
(from t.me/ice_inii/1117, via tgsa)

The most common drone video from Ukraine, except its with israely fish in a barrel.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
hamas take my energy.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

somebody got a talking to

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Wow, look at all these anti-Semitic Israelies.

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1714825235352973645?t=rT_lHhkmmvPWok3SVQ2v9A&s=19

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't worry, the next guy will be a Kinder Hitler

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i mean the rate of drone strikes under Trump was literal orders of magnitude larger than it was under biden, that’s a foreign policy difference if you want one. airwars does good work on this. also getting out of Afghanistan, which trump was never ever ever going to do no matter what he said.

part of what makes this such a spectacular own goal from Biden is that his Middle East policy was basically the one area that you could sort of say was an improvement on his predecessors (note the absolutely subterranean bar there). and it’s all gone now. all ruined.
https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1712289270667604078

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

Someone got very firm marching orders or is a total dipshit, lol.

I think it's the former.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the guy in the weird military video is right though, obviously. if the idf walk into gaza they're all going to die.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Lpzie posted:

hitler 2 jr

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

mags posted:

hitler 2 jr

Pink haired asexual furry hitler.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gamer hitler

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
DSA national leadership is supposed to be meeting with AOC tomorrow to discuss how she will vote on sending funds and equipment for the IDF. So we'll see if the new national leadership that took office last month has morals and a backbone and if that matters at all given that AOC could probably get reelected without DSA support in funding/knocking doors.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So the US throwing 100 bil to Israel is uh, the equivalent of the UKs total military budget for 2 years.

Wow. Yeah Americans sure love Judgement Day

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fermun posted:

DSA national leadership is supposed to be meeting with AOC tomorrow to discuss how she will vote on sending funds and equipment for the IDF. So we'll see if the new national leadership that took office last month has morals and a backbone and if that matters at all given that AOC could probably get reelected without DSA support in funding/knocking doors.

who cares lol

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Lpzie posted:

?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

fermun posted:

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

fermun posted:

somehow i don't think aoc is gonna make much of a difference in the israeli palestine conflict

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

THIS!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol, lmao even

full point
Jan 21, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

ok this is incredible, the systems went down simultaneously so they assumed it was a bug and called tech support Lol

quote:

The border defense system surrounding Gaza included approximately one hundred Rafael-made sniper positions, each with a 0.3 mm machine gun with radar and optics installed. These positions were connected to Elbit's MARS system, with female observers working in a concrete reinforced war room. When movement was detected close to the border, the observer would conduct a ‘suspicious arrest’ procedure using announcement equipment installed on the tower that saw the terrorist and - if necessary - shoot.

They thought it was a technical glitch

On Saturday at approximately 6:30 a.m., Hamas launched, according to reports, about 140-150 drones with bombs and simultaneously managed to disable all the firing positions in the line. Not a single shot was fired from a hundred positions. After the shooter was thwarted, shots were fired at 22 additional MARS cameras along the border that were the "eyes" of the division’s observers and the entire IDF for the Gaza Strip. The screens went dark.

In the remote areas and the underground high command post in Tel Aviv they likely thought it was a technical fault and waited for a technician to fix the system. No one imagined that, in those minutes, Toyota vehicles and motorcycles, loaded with Hamas commandos, had broken through the border and were rushing towards the IDF outposts and surrounding settlements.

The Hamas commando unit, the Nohva, which I wrote about, arrived after months of training to take over IDF outposts. Some training had been previously visible to the IDF and had been held at Hamas facilities in Gaza. Hamas terrorists breached the fence, immobilized IDF tanks that were opening an axis, and quickly rushed to the outposts: Sufa, Reim, Nahal Oz, and Erez.

There was massive RPG shooting, throwing hundreds of grenades, and shooting small arms. The few Israeli soldiers, probably 300-400 at most, at least a third of whom were observers without combat training, were hopeless. Fighters in the protected bases were captured and killed in their underwear. Hamas filmed everything and published it. It is not yet clear if there were alarms at the bases. The division was in silence. Some of the forces went down to Judea and Samaria (the West Bank), another part was on holiday. Nobody knew anything.

The terrorists infiltrated the bases, disabled the ICT rooms [intelligence, communications, and technology], and turned off the IDF's communications in the area. No one knew what was going on. Communication between the Otef [envelope around Gaza] and the rest of the country, east, and north of the Otef - was cut off. The Israel Defense Forces concept - a digital ground army and a linked IDF - collapsed completely after 30-60 minutes of combat. IDF and police forces that arrived independently at the Otef also acted without synchronization. There was no communication.

Where were the observation balloons?

The observation balloons that were supposed to be a backup for the MARS system were not in the field on Saturday morning. These balloons can be seen from a kilometer away and are a "second line of defense" if the first observation line collapses. In the past two years, the IDF decided to connect the video from the balloon directly to MARS so that the broadcast would reach IDF observers. Last Saturday, as mentioned, the observation crews in the Gaza Division were blacked out.

The balloons were not there due to the IDF's mistake in activating them several months before last Saturday. The weather was unsuitable for operating a balloon, the IDF insisted, the three balloons were damaged, and the IDF refused to repair them.

When the balloons were damaged, the camera manufacturer contacted the IDF and warned that these analog cameras had reached the end of their life without support. If the IDF wanted, they could switch to digital ones that would provide a better operational response and be under a support contract. The IDF claimed, "Why should we invest in balloons? We have a hermetic fence - a perfect obstacle in which we have invested billions of NIS in recent years. No one can hack it.”

The IDF chose not to invest in balloons as a second, independent intelligence line. Last Saturday, there were no balloons at the Gaza border. Finally, six days into fighting, some of the balloons are back in action. Along with tanks and drones, they are a necessary tool for providing real-time intelligence to forces in the field.

To provide real-time intelligence on the breached Gaza border, along its entire length, a larger number of balloons is required - more than the existing ones. The production of a balloon-based observation system and a suitable camera takes time; these are not "off-the-shelf" products.

Lebanon's border is the same as Gaza's

Why is the northern border important? Because the capture of the defense posts on the Gaza border began on the Lebanese border. Only after the IDF finished installing a smart overhead fence, including the MARS system, on the border with Lebanon and Syria did it apply the same technologies in Gaza. In other words, Hamas's planning is also the planning of Hezbollah.

Except for one difference, the IDF has been deployed on the Lebanese border with large forces since Saturday. Hezbollah did not take advantage of Saturday's surprise, and the knowledge of how to disable the surveillance system at the border is likely shared between Hezbollah and Hamas. In other words, we need a second, independent line of observations in case Hezbollah disables the MARS system like in Gaza.

The hermetic fence - breached

Meanwhile, the IDF has yet to claim all the bases on the Gaza border. The destroyed sniper positions will take a long time to restore. The new MARS systems will also take a long time to repair and restore the observatories.

In addition, the female observers who were at home last Saturday and saw what happened to their friends (I will refrain from describing the horrors) do not want to go back to manning the positions. In other words, the Gaza Division is also expected to experience a challenge in manning observation positions.

The border defense line for Gaza was neglected over the past few months, including when the IDF reported, in December 2021, that the barrier was completed and airtight. The IDF also canceled a second, independent, balloon-based intelligence line. This, in addition to the stagnation of the division and the intelligence failure, are the reasons for the massive failure to protect Israelis in the Otef and beyond.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Trump objectively has a smidgen better foreign policy because he believes, for whatever reason, that war's bad for business.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337373146652020736?s=20

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WaryWarren posted:

wait, they didn't?

In case this is serious, the "beheaded 40 babies stuff" never had any evidence aside from one or two guys claiming it happened. Biden lied about seeing photos of it, and then later retracted it. Also the very concept is just kind of inherently absurd and essentially blood libel nonsense.

It's also very likely that the actual number of civilians killed by Hamas was significantly lower than claimed by Israel - there's at least a couple eye-witness accounts of panicked IDF soldiers hitting civilians with "friendly fire." One was someone at the rave who talked about "Hamas dressing up as the IDF and shooting everyone," which is more than a little sus. I doubt we'll ever truly know the full breakdown of what happened.

In general, I don't doubt that Hamas killed a bunch of civilians, just because it's a ton of extremely angry young men with guns. But I strongly doubt there was any actual direct plan to do so (in the sense of Hamas having "we're going to go to this village and execute civilians" as an actual part of their battle plans).

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

this orange bad man gave me 2000$

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

TRUMP!!!!

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ive been sayin this

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Lol that IOF were killed whilst running around in their gonch. Who says war is hell?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Trump tried to ban Muslims from the his country, but Joe tried to ban them in their own country.
while true, trump did endorse the candidate who would have been the first openly muslim senator in the united states, who then lost his electoral bid to a brain damaged jorts ogre

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

buddykins wrong thread ahhh who cares

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

fermun posted:

That's precious

I wonder how many crocodile tears she'll shed this time

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

In case this is serious, the "beheaded 40 babies stuff" never had any evidence aside from one or two guys claiming it happened. Biden lied about seeing photos of it, and then later retracted it. Also the very concept is just kind of inherently absurd and essentially blood libel nonsense.

It's also very likely that the actual number of civilians killed by Hamas was significantly lower than claimed by Israel - there's at least a couple eye-witness accounts of panicked IDF soldiers hitting civilians with "friendly fire." One was someone at the rave who talked about "Hamas dressing up as the IDF and shooting everyone," which is more than a little sus. I doubt we'll ever truly know the full breakdown of what happened.

In general, I don't doubt that Hamas killed a bunch of civilians, just because it's a ton of extremely angry young men with guns. But I strongly doubt there was any actual direct plan to do so (in the sense of Hamas having "we're going to go to this village and execute civilians" as an actual part of their battle plans).

It was denied by the Israeli army, it’s made up by Indian hinduvata trolls

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

israel is allowed to murder a 1000 children but DO YOU CONDONE HAMAS!?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

Isn't this a loving army? Can't you order people to man the critical observation posts your whole concept of defence hinges on?

Turns out that all the liberal states spending the last 30-40 years demolishing the social contract and any material incentive to obey central authority outside of immediate punishment has consequences.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Popy posted:

israel is allowed to murder a 1000 children but DO YOU CONDONE HAMAS!?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Netanyahu: IS
Hitler, Too

(islamic state)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Strategic reading:-

There is going to be a ground invasion

the US and Israel have a single goal at this point, the Elimination of the palestinian cause, as a final 'gently caress you' to the arab world so that america can go on to focus on the pacific.

However, Hamas dealt a significant blow to the IDF, it's clear that the IDF is a piece of poo poo mud paper tiger, and the israelis will be loving grinded to dust if they step foot into Gaza, and their cities will be ground to powder if hezbollah and Iran step into the battle, however, because america has DIRECTLY intervened in the battle, and america is DIRECTLY telling Israel that they must do their genocide, and dedicating entire carrier groups and soldiers to this end, and they are going to force Isreal into it, not because they dont want to but because the great satan and the nazis who make up the israeli society demands it.

Iran and Hezbollah, so far has been making useless statements, but they are slowly poking and prodding the israelis on the northern border to send a message to not go into gaza, it's pretty clear Gaza is the trap that will end the IDF, and that Iran+Hezbollah have enough assets to loving crush the israelis, and the israelis know it, but they're being pushed into it by the lich king biden, the question is, is iran going to intervene? my cynical part of me says no, but there has been definitive movement of Iranian assets and a mobilization of their forces to that end, and it's clear that the Iranians and Hezbollah know that they're gonna be fighting both america and israel at the same time if it comes down to it, so they might be getting their ducks in order to prepare for that scenario. who knows.

The initial plan was to terrorize the citizens of gaza enough to cause mass panic and mass escape, this didnt happen, yes they can kill thousands, but the palestinians are staying put. The other plan was to get the arab fascists to sign off on this, but because the arab societies pushed back on this so violently they physically cant because they would all die if they did. The only real unabashed pieces of poo poo about all this are Mahmoud Abbas and the UAE. Jordan and Egypt are trying to manage the extreme levels of pressure they're getting from their societies to not cave into american pressure. Saudi arabia is also for the first time in years allowing saudis and sheikhs to go full throated in support of the palestinian cause.

and wow howdy is america cashing in everything on this, America is directly telling arabs "yes we are at war with all of you full stop" , there is no other way to explain this maniacal evil and full focus of america to kill off the palestinians once and for all, america is pulling out all the military stops (two entire carrier groups), all the diplomatic stops (Blinken the insect scurryng around promising complete debt write-offs for countries to accept this insanity) and america has completely and utterly destroyed all the reputation of the western media on this, from now on there is no functional difference between russia today and any western news outlet in terms of credibility. America wants the big regional war to write off the middle east once and for all.

Dont expect anything out of arab countries, those guys are whores and dogs and puppets, so there's nothing to analyze strategically out of them because they are passive actors. But any hope america and israel had at trying to normalize relations or make it in any way acceptable to people is dead, the palestinian cause is back as the central focus of the arab world, and for the first time even in countries where protests are banned completely like egypt, bahrain, etc. people are coming out in force, the barrier of fear and defeatism after the arab spring was crushed has been shattered.

Definitely an immensely scary moment right now. there is absolutely going to be a regional war and the israelis invading gaza will trigger it.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the celebs just keep wilding out more

https://twitter.com/still_oppressed/status/1714838724499095870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I mean, I might be a little :420: but hear me out. Hamas prepares for their operation - assistance from somewhere (think a combination of countries, including the US). After the recession, the world is fed up - think BRICS. So get rid of that US puppet state.

US counters by manipulating it's own population into being insane loving zionists, with the intention to cement Israel's status - 5th generation warfare. Maybe mass shooting coverage was used to try to get more people to go to churches because they are sad.

US knows when the hamas attack will happen, chooses the location for the rave.

You know the rest.