Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

wasn't the latest american line that hypersonic missiles (used in ukraine) weren't actually real and it was russian fake news

The running joke with Iranians is that every other one of us is an engineer so I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Truga posted:

america putting a gorillion dollars into their hypersonic missile prototypes, but forgetting that dollar bills have flame retardants in them which just makes them slower

It's truly amazing that a country that prides itself so much on military superiority would just... outsource all its military development/production.

Why wouldn't you keep an in-house arms company?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Offkorn posted:

It's truly amazing that a country that prides itself so much on military superiority would just... outsource all its military development/production.

I am assuming this is not a serious question, but anyway they got high off their own supply and fully bought into their own neoliberal propaganda which one could argue was initially intended as a cudgel against the poor and for primary consumption in the periphery.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
important to remember that all the iran nukes poo poo is based off a false premise that iran wants or is seeking nuclear capability

they aren't, they haven't been, they would have had nukes a decade ago if they had

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
news that israeli barracks in shebaa farms are getting blown up

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1715336139047846271?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I do feel like they want a nuke just Israel keeps assassinating all their nuclear scientists and blowing up any attempt at enrichment

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Death By The Blues posted:

I do feel like they want a nuke just Israel keeps assassinating all their nuclear scientists and blowing up any attempt at enrichment

Why wouldn't they? It's literally the only proven way to get the west to leave you (somewhat) alone...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

Others in this thread have mentioned it before, but that might be what they want - a larger regional war to secure direct American aid in their invasion Gaza. That's why they're constantly bombing inside Syrian and Lebanese territory. Whether it'll actually work is up for debate.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

if Isreal didn't exist yet the USA would invent it.

the Middle East is too important a region to be left to their own devices. It requires imperial core vassal states that are reliable outposts from which to manage the region, its infrastructure, and the outflow of its resources.

I don't see how a Palestinian state is possible without the core losing control of the region altogether

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden reiterated no boots on the ground in Ukraine but did not say the same thing about Western Asia. Also, you know the whole starting up a war economy which means jobs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/yashar/status/1715350000132374709?s=20

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Biden reiterated no boots on the ground in Ukraine but did not say the same thing about Western Asia. Also, you know the whole starting up a war economy which means jobs

If you're homeless,

you can be drafted.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Living in fear of nuclear war- the president makes such things possible for us all! :patriot:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Offkorn posted:

Come to the WW3/Ukraine threads, we have such sights to show you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

Naw I believe it, even for people that sign up to be part of the empire openly doing a genocide is stepping over the line.

yeah like part of the whole deal with how the Western imperialism works is that there's always a veneer of plausible deniability

Offkorn posted:

because capitalism trumps nationalism

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Lmao

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Offkorn posted:

rick james: neoliberalism is a hell of a drug

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

can we get an autotuned techno remix of that dude

you are genocide supporters~~
gently caress CNN~
gently caress CNN~
[bass drop]

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

atelier morgan posted:

important to remember that all the iran nukes poo poo is based off a false premise that iran wants or is seeking nuclear capability

they aren't, they haven't been, they would have had nukes a decade ago if they had

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

western journos get really mad when the Foreigners theyre lying about start talking back to them, they also piss their pants over this on the reg with chinese ppl

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

hah these guys just cant catch a break

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

atelier morgan posted:

If they really wanted one I'm sure they would have gone to the black market c. 1991 then reverse engineered it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ministry of Health in Gaza: We were notified of the presence of 1,400 people, including 720 children, missing under the rubble as a result of the bombing of Gaza

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i know it doesn’t seem like it but the media narrative is turning towards “why isn’t aid getting into gaza”, so i think the window of opportunity for israel is even smaller than i thought

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they have invested too much and crowed about it too much to back down from a ground invasion which will more than likely be what finally sets off a regional conflict
i dont see any way they back off without massive humiliation

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

he's right

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Offkorn posted:

Turns out neoliberal capitalism means that even though you blow trillions of dollars on military spending, you don't actually get a functioning military in the end. Also you get JIT manufacturing bullshit applied to your war production ability, so you can't even keep up a fight with the poo poo you manage to produce.

You do get lots of McMansions in northern Virginia, though

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

Ministry of Health in Gaza: We were notified of the presence of 1,400 people, including 720 children, missing under the rubble as a result of the bombing of Gaza

They also said there has been over 4000 inquiries of missing people. Zionists are such pieces of poo poo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Reads like a Grover prediction

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

so the emergency 31 country arab summit in cairo just happened and as was expected they delivered less than nothing so we can carry on woth our days forgetting these dogs exist or matter.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
For Al-Saqr they are now protesting in Tahrir Square

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1715352218684068202

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Jel Shaker posted:

i know it doesn’t seem like it but the media narrative is turning towards “why isn’t aid getting into gaza”, so i think the window of opportunity for israel is even smaller than i thought

western govts seem to think this is a ukraine situation in terms of public support but it really doesn't look like it. and that's without any economic pain so far

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

egyptians have retuned to tahrir square for the first time in a decade :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/khaledali251/status/1715344607322521980?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Egypt may have just said gently caress it and opened the Rafah crossing

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1715353818441953295

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Zohar posted:

western govts seem to think this is a ukraine situation in terms of public support but it really doesn't look like it. and that's without any economic pain so far

Can't wait until we have sweat shop houses desperately hand crafting munitions to meet our quota.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

qassam releases footage of their drone team doing amazing work

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1715344614184423603?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Egypt may have just said gently caress it and opened the Rafah crossing

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1715353818441953295

its been israel this entire time blocking everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nothus posted:

Turns out neoliberal capitalism means that even though you blow trillions of dollars on military spending, you don't actually get a functioning military in the end. Also you get JIT manufacturing bullshit applied to your war production ability, so you can't even keep up a fight with the poo poo you manage to produce.

You do get lots of McMansions in northern Virginia, though

like someone said a while ago, being able to afford two wars and yet someone only having enough artillery shells for one of them