Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Although I will say Lawrence's weapons are pretty middle of the road. No Kelce, no Diggs, no Chase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s this. Carr did his best in a downfield offense under Gruden so they’ve got him doing all this dime store Sean Payton WCO chain moving stuff. Also the line is bad.

Watching all these 3 yard dumpoffs when you have a guy like Olave is cringe as hell. This has to be one of the most cowardly offenses ever. Like lol why are you terrified of letting Carr throw the ball you intentionally went out and got him and paid him a lot of money! Andy Dalton could have and did execute this offense for a lot less

fsif posted:

Although I will say Lawrence's weapons are pretty middle of the road. No Kelce, no Diggs, no Chase.

That was supposed to be Ridley. I'm not sure who his failure to execute is on, him or Lawrence or playcalling or what, as I have not watched a ton of Jags football

Also for what it's worth Zay Jones seems like he was supposed to be an important part of the offense and he's been weirdly "questionable then out" the entire season with a knee thing. He's just an average guy but seems like they could use one of those

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Anderson Koopa posted:

Speaking of injuries, the Patriots have 20!! players on their Wednesday injury list. I don't have high hopes of winning the game.

https://imgur.com/a/GUiNJOF

Also, apparently the Patriots don't feel the need for Speed, they just cut him.
The Giants are terrible plus the had a serious long injury report. Yet the Bills played down to them, so the Pats sound like they have a shot...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yes, in that the Pats are going to be in front of a firing squad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

Yeah, Ridley is solid though. I don't think Lawrence is bad at all. I just feel like he's this weird/contradictory mix of very exciting and underwhelming.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

There’s a general blight at OC and that includes Press Taylor and that dumbass for the Saints

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, Ridley is solid though. I don't think Lawrence is bad at all. I just feel like he's this weird/contradictory mix of very exciting and underwhelming.

You and I agree.

But to be a real pedant (my specialty), I haven't ever found Lawrence really exciting per se. He doesn't have the flash of a Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Allen, etc. At his best, he's just seemed like kind of a bog standard great quarterback, heh.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

You and I agree.

But to be a real pedant (my specialty), I haven't ever found Lawrence really exciting per se. He doesn't have the flash of a Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Allen, etc. At his best, he's just seemed like kind of a bog standard great quarterback, heh.

Oh yeah, for sure. By exciting I didn't mean "flashy," I meant more that he's clearly capable of processing at a level and making throws that the vast majority of QBs can't. But down-to-down he's kind of frustrating.

I think part of my reaction to Lawrence is that a lot of pundits (Tice, Ruiz, etc.) insist that Lawrence is really great right now, but that requires ignoring a lot of the head scratching stuff that he does between those really high-level moments.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

You and I agree.

I saw him at Tottenham stadium for the Dolphins bed making GBS threads last year, and he looks way more impressive in person.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I think part of my reaction to Lawrence is that a lot of pundits (Tice, Ruiz, etc.) insist that Lawrence is really great right now, but that requires ignoring a lot of the head scratching stuff that he does between those really high-level moments.
I feel like that's a lot of quarterback discourse on Twitter. QBX is great because he has the shown the ability to make a great throw/play even if they're not able to do it consistently. Twitter exacerbates the situation because people can really only post 1 play clips as supporting evidence.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He's not top 5 but he'll be top 10 for 10 more years. The jets still should've tanked correctly for him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Say it with your chest Trevor Bust

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He's not top 5 but he'll be top 10 for 10 more years. The jets still should've tanked correctly for him.

Agreed there

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The inevitable Trevor contract is going to be interesting. Cause he is good, they can’t just throw him back and hope to pull a better QB. But he’s not (currently) in that top echelon of guys but he’s gonna get paid like it cause that’s how QB contracts work.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He is not nearly as good as I thought he was going to be; he’s like Tannehill+

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
A lot of Jags haven't kicked on like people expected.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

The inevitable Trevor contract is going to be interesting. Cause he is good, they can’t just throw him back and hope to pull a better QB. But he’s not (currently) in that top echelon of guys but he’s gonna get paid like it cause that’s how QB contracts work.

He'll be the highest payed player in the NFL for a bit, just like Dak was. I think he's comfortably across that threshold.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

He'll be the highest payed player in the NFL for a bit, just like Dak was. I think he's comfortably across that threshold.

Such an odd draft that year. Looked like it might be a historic QB draft, and instead turned into an historic everything but qb draft.

Do we really think he's going to get more than Burrow/Herbert/Tua?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

tarbrush posted:

Do we really think he's going to get more than Burrow/Herbert/Tua?

At the very least, he's going to be paid on their level. That's just what a better-than-Kirk-Cousins QB commands now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

It's not going to be interesting. He's going to get one of the new market setting contracts like every good QB whose turn it is gets.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Good news for the pats: Ed Oliver is out. So Bill can repeat the snow game and limit Mac to three throws.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Since we all know the Bills are complete frauds, this game will likely be closer than many expect. I'm taking the Pats and the points.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Every non-Jones and non-Oliver DT on the Bills is loving AWFUL.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The nfl is so lame. Throwing up a peace sign is TAUNTING

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I mean…. He is taunting them?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s the literal tamest most nothing taunt of all time. I can get him being fined for the prop poo poo (cell phones etc) but fining a dude repeatedly for socks and throwing peace signs is truly - sad? Lame? Pick one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

The nfl is so lame. Throwing up a peace sign is TAUNTING

He's taunting Israel and it offended Bob Kraft.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Maybe if Tyreek had given his girlfriend the peace sign instead of punching and choking her I'd give a poo poo about any injustices he faces.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

the guys you root for aren’t exempt from this so you should probably stop bringing it up in itt.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Lmaoo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

the guys you root for aren’t exempt from this so you should probably stop bringing it up in itt.

it's a joke man lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Serious Friday over in House of Bizz

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m just salty I can’t retort his saying Tua is a poo poo head because I don’t wanna drag political stuff in here

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua is pure like a golden retriever. imagine if your dog started talking about the Middle East. it would be nonsense. but you'd love him just the same

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

Lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TheBizzness posted:

I’m just salty I can’t retort his saying Tua is a poo poo head because I don’t wanna drag political stuff in here

it seems like you're dragging political stuff in here and then pretending like you don't want to

tua being a good or a bad person doesn't matter what does matter is getting the ball to tyreek in space go dolphins

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What’s the status on Eich at center for Sunday night?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TheBizzness posted:

What’s the status on Eich at center for Sunday night?

connor's still questionable on the injury report and wasn't at practice, so i'm thinking we're stuck with another week of The Liam Eichenberg Experience at center

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That seems incredibly bad against the Eagles of all teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sauce is a pop culture icon.
https://twitter.com/iamsaucegardner/status/1715543367680168153?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ