Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

goatsestretchgoals posted:

That’s a lot of dick pills.
That's a lot of discharge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So is the gammon being squeezed yet to pay the families, and explain to me in excruciating detail exactly why not.

there's a lot of legal poo poo that still needs to happen

for example, the fact that the judge was so pissed off at Jones that he actually struck down a law that would have limited how much punishment Jones could face. we can expect that to get appealed before the victims get paid

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Is that very same law the one that Abbot passed, kicking the ladder behind him (only metaphorically because he's in a wheelchair) after he got a massive pay out from becoming disabled?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So is the gammon being squeezed yet to pay the families, and explain to me in excruciating detail exactly why not.

He has done everything he can to clog the machinery, and the bankruptcy court was the latest attempt in doing so.

If I recall correctly, Mark Bankston (the Texas plaintiffs' lawyer) said that usually, they can go to the sheriff's office and start confiscating materials once the matters have been settled in court, but that bankruptcy filing put a halt on all proceedings, including the upcoming Pozner/De La Rosa cases against him in Texas.

IANAL, but from what I've gathered, federal trustees now have to unravel exactly what the state of Jones's finances are, because he's done an awful lot to hide who owns what, how much money there is, and how profitable his enterprises really are. This will ultimately be a bad thing for him because you do not gently caress with bankruptcy courts. His lies under oath in a civil case may not have gotten him in trouble, but this no longer applies in bankruptcy court.

Again, I am not a lawyer, but I'm also not Norm "Woke insurance" Pattis or F. Andino "Whoops!" Reynal, so take that for what it's worth.

The one good thing is that plaintiffs' attorneys have gotten so many successful sanctions issues against Jones and Free Speech Systems, LLC that he's already felt some financial stings.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
I just want to know when the flash auction starts in their parking lot so I can drive over and help ransack the place.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

There's also the issue that Alex has squirreled his fortune, on paper at least, to a few dozen little holes. So now the trustee who actually runs Jone's finances has to dig through all the records to find all the "AEJ Enterprises" That Alex E. Jones thought he was being clever setting up. This also includes rummaging between the sofa cushions to find the ones the dumbass legitimately forgot.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Slyphic posted:

I just want to know when the flash auction starts in their parking lot so I can drive over and help ransack the place.

Going after the desk?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Has to fight Bill for it

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I have a feeling that many years from now it will come out that the person who "accidently" sent the entire phone contents to the defense did it because they realized that it was an absolute smoking gun against the J6ers. I know I'm not the first person to think this, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Flyinglemur posted:

I have a feeling that many years from now it will come out that the person who "accidently" sent the entire phone contents to the defense did it because they realized that it was an absolute smoking gun against the J6ers. I know I'm not the first person to think this, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me.

sure man

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Flyinglemur posted:

Eh, Mark came out and said that there honestly wasn't much of that in there. The conversations might be interesting in a way that analyzes Alex and how everyone treats him, but Alex was never stupid enough to be involved directly.

Also, Reynal knew what happened. He was just being a dick and they decided to hold him to the letter of the law as a result.

Twibbit posted:

Has to fight Bill for it

Just gotta distract him with a giant bag of gummy worms.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

A better theory is that one of Alex's cheques bounced, but I think the best theory is just that his lawyer was hilariously inept.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Randalor posted:

A better theory is that one of Alex's cheques bounced, but I think the best theory is just that his lawyer was hilariously inept.

It was ineptitude. Bankston asked the other lawyer, "Did you mean to send me this?" And the other lawyer just said, "Nope, please ignore." But didn't actually go through any procedure to retract the data. Bankston knew this and waited.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 20, 2023

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Yeah, the phone thing was hanlonsrazor.txt.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Burning_Monk posted:

It was ineptitude. Bankston asked the other lawyer, "Did you mean to send me this?" And the other lawyer just said, "Nope, please ignore." But didn't actually go through any procedure to retract the data. Bankston new this and waited.

That doesn't disprove what I was saying though. Could be that they "accidently" didn't tell them to ignore it.

I'm not as up on this as you guys, but I thought I remembered that there was a connection in his phone that showed what they were doing. I will see myself out.

side note, these gummies are really good man

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
At this point anyone willingly associating themselves with Jones, Trump ect can be assumed dumber than porridge until proven otherwise.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Flyinglemur posted:

That doesn't disprove what I was saying though. Could be that they "accidently" didn't tell them to ignore it.

I'm not as up on this as you guys, but I thought I remembered that there was a connection in his phone that showed what they were doing. I will see myself out.

Jones's lawyer in that case was a combative rear end in a top hat who refused to pay the minimal professional courtesy to the other attorney. It's not actually that unusual for one side to accidentally give the other files and such, especially in a big data dump. When that happens, there's usually mutual cooperation to correct that mistake: the accidental recipient informs the accidental sender of the mistake, they do a little lawyer thing to officially get the info back, and everyone returns to their corners.

Jones's lawyer, however, is a stupid dickhead, and was very antagonistic. He was also very bad at his job, and ignored the notice from Bankston about the cell phone records, because he's an rear end in a top hat. He probably was just dragging his feet to be difficult--remember that he flipped off Bankston at the end of court one day. Just super unprofessional all around, so the other side decided not to chase him down and help him fix his mistake.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Didn't he also try going after Bankston or getting the case dismissed because he totally told Bankston to disregard the link (and also said he would send Bankston the proper link, which he didn't do anyways), and when that failed, asked for a ridiculously long time to go through them to "properly" indicate which files were confidential, and the judge just said "gently caress you, no, you have a day. They should have had these files years ago"?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife is a family court lawyer and she told me when it happened just how hosed up it was and that no one would do that (asking to ignore what was sent) on purpose.

But I also know that the phone was subpoened in the J6 case, no?

All I know is that Alex Jones is a piece of poo poo. I was a mental health counselor and one of my friends did counseling for the responders, teachers, familes, etc of the survivors in CT. He was pretty hosed up about what they were saying. Had another friend fully onboard the AJ wagon start spouting poo poo to me and we don't talk anymore.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
This discussion reminds me that Norm Pattis got his license suspended for leaking Sandy Hook documents, like medical records of the victims parents.

Just the best people.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 20, 2023

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

there is no way he ate the money right?....
right?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Burning_Monk posted:

This discussion reminds me the Norm Pattis got his license suspended for leaking Sandy Hook documents, like medical records of the victims parents.

Just the best people.

And then tried to argue that he should still keep it because he has clients that want him to represent them and that they have a right to representation they want, to which the Judge replied that they have the right to competent representation.

I think the judge ended up delaying the suspension nonetheless, which ended up being a good thing because he was representing some of the Proud Boys leadership who got promptly slapped with some LONG sentences.

Randalor posted:

Didn't he also try going after Bankston or getting the case dismissed because he totally told Bankston to disregard the link (and also said he would send Bankston the proper link, which he didn't do anyways), and when that failed, asked for a ridiculously long time to go through them to "properly" indicate which files were confidential, and the judge just said "gently caress you, no, you have a day. They should have had these files years ago"?

Yeah, on top of all of that, Reynal's office was specifically supposed to say that it's "privileged" and "confidential" and will give them the information that isn't. Normally, lawyers let it slide in court because they know what the other side means and they like their professional relationship.

However, Reynal had already proven himself to be an rear end in a top hat above and beyond what was required, and Bankston and co. had decided that they were going to hold them to the letter of the law on that one.

Also, the words "subpoena" and "January 6th committee" got mentioned on that one.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Upsidads posted:

right?

Depends on if he stored it in chili cans.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Money ep.I found El Dorado

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mojo1701a posted:

And then tried to argue that he should still keep it because he has clients that want him to represent them and that they have a right to representation they want, to which the Judge replied that they have the right to competent representation.

I think the judge ended up delaying the suspension nonetheless, which ended up being a good thing because he was representing some of the Proud Boys leadership who got promptly slapped with some LONG sentences.

Yeah, on top of all of that, Reynal's office was specifically supposed to say that it's "privileged" and "confidential" and will give them the information that isn't. Normally, lawyers let it slide in court because they know what the other side means and they like their professional relationship.

However, Reynal had already proven himself to be an rear end in a top hat above and beyond what was required, and Bankston and co. had decided that they were going to hold them to the letter of the law on that one.

Also, the words "subpoena" and "January 6th committee" got mentioned on that one.

They had been doing exactly that same poo poo, "Oh yeah we'll get that information to you. Uh-huh. Working on it now. Yup. It's headed your way. Definitely. Just need a little more time." with everything, everywhere, at all times, for loving YEARS. It was their primary tactic, on everything. Delay, delay, delay, sling poo poo on air about the other side, delay, delay, delay. Just turns out they really shouldn't have delayed on officially requesting that the information accidentally sent was privileged. Double turns out they really shouldn't have done that because they were supposed to have given it up years prior and it had illegally obtained information besides. Bankston talked about it on some Knowledge Fight episodes and he was positively giddy about being able to just completely skull gently caress them with their own idiocy, the truth, and a heaping helping of their own hubris.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Upsidads posted:

right?

Looking at him, we can't discount the possibility. Maybe he saw that DS9 episode where Morn hides his latinum wealth in one of his stomachs and said "Aha!"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

bird food bathtub posted:

They had been doing exactly that same poo poo, "Oh yeah we'll get that information to you. Uh-huh. Working on it now. Yup. It's headed your way. Definitely. Just need a little more time." with everything, everywhere, at all times, for loving YEARS. It was their primary tactic, on everything. Delay, delay, delay, sling poo poo on air about the other side, delay, delay, delay. Just turns out they really shouldn't have delayed on officially requesting that the information accidentally sent was privileged. Double turns out they really shouldn't have done that because they were supposed to have given it up years prior and it had illegally obtained information besides. Bankston talked about it on some Knowledge Fight episodes and he was positively giddy about being able to just completely skull gently caress them with their own idiocy, the truth, and a heaping helping of their own hubris.

Yup. After that moment, it became crystal clear that Alex's strategy was to obfuscate as possible and risk a slap on the wrist so they couldn't find out anything potentially damaging.

Alex constantly moaning that he can't hand over analytics because to him that's like saying, "Give us the Google!" while having literal analytics in that data drop (that his dad testified they were using, at least to a point) was also a point that got lost. It really is too bad that consequences for perjury were pretty much a non-starter, because hoo boy were they all ever guilty of it.

Animal-Mother posted:

Looking at him, we can't discount the possibility. Maybe he saw that DS9 episode where Morn hides his latinum wealth in one of his stomachs and said "Aha!"

No wonder Alex lost all that hair.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mojo1701a posted:

No wonder Alex lost all that hair.

And he never shuts up. And he drinks like a fish. We're connecting the dots here, people.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Flyinglemur posted:

You dont "accidentally" do something that also destroys you utterly on a professional level, like reynal is a laughing stock now.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

teen witch posted:

Going after the desk?

i want it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Upsidads posted:

right?
Inhaled it maybe.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Coulda been in the expired lasagna that entered the jones food canon recently as it was his excuse for having violent diarrhea when he was supposed to be hosting a Steven crowder show.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

We joke about the billion-dollar bowl of chili, but what if it were for real 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It would either be really good or really big.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Or hide money underneath

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It would either be really good or really big.

Or the exact opposite

A tiny bowl of pretentious ingredients

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Gotta eat this out of a fabrice egg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Upsidads posted:

Gotta eat this out of a fabrice egg

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat