Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Not me, but for survivor chat I'm taking Rams in my one survivor and TB in my other. Rolling them dice.

Is tonight's game going to be real ugly? I have to play Ridley fantasy wise, so here goes nothing.

If it's bad enough, I hope Pete Carmichael gets the boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

9-6 slogfest incoming :negative:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I mean, tonight's game has a QB whose knee might fall off. That could be interesting.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

If it's bad enough, I hope Pete Carmichael gets the boot.

It will be bad, but the Saints will still win.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in a league with 3 flexes and 1 superflex, i somehow managed to trade flowers, mayfield, and rachaad white for lamar jackson. i already have josh allen, tyreek hill, stefon diggs, and calvin ridley.

this is the biggest steal i've done in years. cannot understand what the other manager was thinking at all.

advice: any possible trades you think about, just throw them out there! it's crazy out there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

in a league with 3 flexes and 1 superflex, i somehow managed to trade flowers, mayfield, and rachaad white for lamar jackson.

this is the biggest steal i've done in years. cannot understand what the other manager was thinking at all.

"I like the Bucs"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

"I like the Bucs"

they're an sf fan!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Looks like Lawrence is in tonight. Should I give him or Geno the go?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

abelwingnut posted:

in a league with 3 flexes and 1 superflex, i somehow managed to trade flowers, mayfield, and rachaad white for lamar jackson. i already have josh allen, tyreek hill, stefon diggs, and calvin ridley.

advice: any possible trades you think about, just throw them out there! it's crazy out there.

This is true. I never, ever trade in my BML because it's auction so if I wanted your guy I would have your guy. But I had Cole Kmet riding my bench to MAndrews so I tossed him out with Brian Robinson to the Jones owner last week. Now I have a guy who could gas up in late November and sail me through the fantasy playoffs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Someones wanting me to be replaced as Commish because i pushed through a trade of Mixon + Engram for Mark Andrews. Thinking i'm helping the team that's getting Andrews, he's not the only one that thinks that.

This is why you fuckers don't get veto power

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i mean, that trade seems pretty clearly in favor of the team getting andrews, but nohere close to the point of collusion or tomfoolery. honestly, that trade is fairer than most i see in this thread.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Sure Andrews is the best piece in the trade, but giving up a starting RB on an albeit really underperforming Bengals team for the upgrade from Engram is p fair. Guy getting Mixon is starting Keontay Ingram.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don’t know why anyone would want to be league commissioner

Ours quit the league and a couple people asked if I’d fill in and I was like :lol: no

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it's fine if you have reasonable managers. at the end of the season, just tell the boneheads to get their act together or else they're out

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Engram is averaging 8 ppg in half PPR. MAndrews is averaging 9.9 ppg in half PPR. Mixon is the RB19 on the season. Saying the MAndrews owner is winning the trade is a bit of an overstatement. This is a trade that makes both teams better.

The league I commish had the first place guy get Kelce yesterday in a much worse trade. Hell, the guy who gave up Kelce got a haul and is probably going to beat me this week. But my policy on trades is very clear. If you dont like how I commish, you can go gently caress yourself.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I was my home league commish for a long time. I stepped down during the COVID lockdown year because I was depressed and even the thought of having to chase someone down for money or settle dumb disputes between friends sent me spiraling. Under normal circumstances it was fine 90% of the time but I don’t miss it at all heh. We did have our share of drama though for a group of people who for the most part are all great friends IRL

1. One guy just… didn’t ever pay his entry. He got kicked out for a year then came back the next and it’s been fine

2. A guy was kicked out for being a huge rear end in a top hat about everything. This lead to a public meltdown about how we are racist pieces of poo poo (he happened to be Japanese). It had nothing to do with anything he was just a dick. We don’t talk to that guy anymore

3. One guy cheated on his wife and broke up their marriage shortly after having a child. He was also asked to leave.

I’m not sure we’ve ever had any football related drama lol just wild interpersonal stuff

That Andrews trade seems squarely in the “maybe a little dumb but not remotely a problem” category as do almost trades

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cat Hassler posted:

I don’t know why anyone would want to be league commissioner

Ours quit the league and a couple people asked if I’d fill in and I was like :lol: no

Goon beer league has always been good. :shrug:

Probably because

abelwingnut posted:

it's fine if you have reasonable managers.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Started Michael Thomas, dropped Jags D for Seattle. Man this is not a great start to the week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Im never drafting Mandrews again. It’s a decent trade.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

Started Michael Thomas, dropped Jags D for Seattle. Man this is not a great start to the week.

Looking better for Thomas after that sick TD catch

I have regrets about drafting Lawrence this year

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah my luck really turned around! I should probably just keep my mouth shut until the end of these games.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nm Lawrence is good again that drive was like 10 points

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's so dumb that it won't show me whose left in the eliminator. I guess that's to stop people from ganging up on someone who doesn't want to split the pot.

Is anyone here one of the two remaining teams in FA Survivor league on ESPN?

I'm one of the two left. And yeah it's annoying how ESPN handles survivor.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well Olave didn't do amazing but he did better than my opponent's Ridley I might actually have a shot :toot:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yeah my luck really turned around! I should probably just keep my mouth shut until the end of these games.

My opponent had Thomas and I had Olave and I was feeling pretty good for 3 quarters. Such is FF.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Me going to bed last night: “drat only five points for Kirk? Fantasy sucks, this poo poo is lame.”

Me waking up this morning: “I love Christian Kirk and fantasy football”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like starting the week off with this

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm going against a 2-4 team and obviously he has Oloukun and Kirk to start the week so now I'm in a 44 point hole.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am also a happy Kirk and Oluokun starter

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve never seen a league where you pick o-line players. Neato

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

He's a LB, not an OL.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Henry and Mixon on bye this week... Time to start McLaughlin and Evans :banjo:

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Guy is my league is shopping Jefferson because he wants to win now. He wants a top 12 at position or two top 24. Is Mostert a good offer? He's won me a bunch of weeks and his value is high right now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would say yes, but isn’t there a great deal of speculation that JJ is going to be on IR for longer than the 4 weeks?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Anxiously awaiting any Roschon news :f5:

I have Foreman but I really hope Roschon can seize the opportunity soon with Herbert being out.

He’s out. Sad Roschon noises.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would say yes, but isn’t there a great deal of speculation that JJ is going to be on IR for longer than the 4 weeks?

I think the original word about it was 4-6 weeks, but also that they were waiting until the 4 week mark to just do imaging, so it sounds like it probably wouldn't be on the shorter end of that window.

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Guy is my league is shopping Jefferson because he wants to win now. He wants a top 12 at position or two top 24. Is Mostert a good offer? He's won me a bunch of weeks and his value is high right now.

When you say he wants to win now, does that mean it's a keeper/dynasty league and he's going all in this year, or that this is a redraft league and he's afraid he'll drop out of contention before JJ comes back?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Whoreson Welles posted:

He’s out. Sad Roschon noises.

gently caress yea D'Onta get in my RB2 slot let's ride

Zach Evans you can shift to my FLEX

:tif:

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

ElectricRelaxation posted:

I think the original word about it was 4-6 weeks, but also that they were waiting until the 4 week mark to just do imaging, so it sounds like it probably wouldn't be on the shorter end of that window.

When you say he wants to win now, does that mean it's a keeper/dynasty league and he's going all in this year, or that this is a redraft league and he's afraid he'll drop out of contention before JJ comes back?

The second

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

If you think you can get JJ for Mostert I'd jump at that, but I'll admit that I'm a lot more down on Mostert than it seems like most people are right now (and probably more irrationally confident that JJ comes back, which could easily not happen if the Vikes are out of contention at that point). At the very least I think it's an interesting enough offer to throw out there and see what the other owner does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I don't think Mostert is enough. It is a solid initial offer, but if I were him I'd need a second piece.