Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hmm when did intel come off this list... ive been avoiding computers with their chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

Update from the posting front
https://twitter.com/AsaWinstanley/status/1715338660453761223

I've followed that account three times so far and have been automatically unfollowed from it each time

lol - but also - lmao

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is it time for me to again bust out the secret knowledge on how to retrofit a CO2 tank to a SodaStream so you can avoid giving Zionists your money?

this is the way - beware you might start thinking about getting a bigger tank than you start with, spicy water on demand can lead to lots of drinking

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
drat I thought Elon Musk was antisemitic, you hate to see it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I did this at first but it was a pain in the rear end to shake the bottle around to get good dissolution of the gas into the liquid. The sparger in the sodastream is actually pretty well designed and effective.

ah, fair enough. my sodastream broke at the internal connection point because the component you screw the bottle into is made out of plastic and sits in a plastic housing so it eventually wore out. and naturally I didn't wanna replace it. also i like the look of the big regulator valve better but yeah it does require a bit more futzing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/dwdavison/status/1715458694001852669
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1715454891844313162

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think it would be cool if alison bries character Zoya The Destroya from GLOW became real, 200 feet tall, and liberated palestine.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Elon torn between his love for antisemitism and his love for apartheid

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Smythe posted:

i think it would be cool if alison bries character Zoya The Destroya from GLOW became real, 200 feet tall, and liberated palestine.

covid cancelled the final season where this was going to be the story arc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Remember when they did this to people because of the ukriane war?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
goons I think zionists run the media, I know I know but it is what it is

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

Update from the posting front
https://twitter.com/AsaWinstanley/status/1715338660453761223

I've followed that account three times so far and have been automatically unfollowed from it each time

actually really interesting. hosed up!!

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Scarabrae posted:

How anti semetic

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
blinken doubling down on the "darkness"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tangy yet delightful posted:

covid cancelled the final season where this was going to be the story arc

too cruel

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lmfao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Not enough people saying Death to Canada.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
wow wow I said was anti semantics, as in call it for what it is

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Germans have lost their mind and instead of helping th genocide they're actively working against it!!!!

Don't they owe it to the people they genocided to help facilitate a genocide

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Iraqi resistance forces put out a statement about the attack on the US base.

Resistance News Network posted:

🇮🇶 Islamic Resistance in Iraq:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
"Permission [to fight] is given to those who are being fought, because they have been wronged. And indeed, Allah is capable of granting them victory."

The fighters of the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, today at dawn, targeted the American occupation "Harir" base north of Iraq, which is 45km from the Erbil International Airport, with two drones that hit their targets directly.

Islamic Resistance in Iraq,
Thursday - Rabi’ al-Akhir 3, 1445 AH,
19-10-2023.

Note: The graphic was published by the Islamic Resistance in Iraq a few hours before the statement. It reads: "And victory is only from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise."
(from t.me/PalestineResist/15998, via tgsa)

Hamas statement on their release of US prisoners

Resistance News Network posted:

🟢 Hamas:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As part of Hamas' commitment to all mediators, especially our brothers in Egypt and Qatar and other brotherly and friendly countries, a woman and her daughter who hold American citizenship were handed over today in Gaza, in cooperation with the state of Qatar.

We emphasize that we work with all mediators to implement the movement's decision to close the file of civilians when appropriate security conditions are met.

Islamic Resistance Movement - Hamas
Friday: 5 Rabi' al-Akhir 1445 AH
Corresponding to: October 20, 2023 AD
(from t.me/PalestineResist/16002, via tgsa)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The Germans have lost their mind and instead of helping th genocide they're actively working against it!!!!

Don't they owe it to the people they genocided to help facilitate a genocide

pay it forward holocaust

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Scarabrae posted:

Adam Friedland still hasn't released his statement

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

And you're the kind of person who puts board members into union roles because they appealed to your pet issue instead of actual nuts and bolts improvements for labor

just wanna say that i’ve been elected to a union board multiple times in a row and appealing to your bargaining unit members’ pet issues is good and you should do it

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

my son may be a fat and gay disappointment. but at least he text messages me all of his political views

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i hope some people stop thinking that europe learned anything from ww2

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

joe genociden only knows three things: meal time, poopy time, and warcrime

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

i'm gonna die of alcoholism anyway

lmfao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Oglethorpe posted:

i'm gonna die of alcoholism anyway

the most classic dad text of all time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ft article: https://archive.ph/zsW1p

israel says its plan is
1. current heavy bombing
2. more "limited" bombing
3 literally the ??? list meme
4. huge new buffer zones for a shrunken gaza and no further responsibility for gaza from secure israel

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Tekne posted:

joe genociden only knows three things: meal time, poopy time, and warcrime

I cannot verify if he knows when its poopy time

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

:smith:

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1715436077907923195

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/latimes/status/1715445792121512392?s=20

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

https://twitter.com/precious_callum/status/1715446083562672407?t=u5EGxFnvXyDG04rg1qWXaA&s=19

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
may every Zionist soul fail to experience peace for the rest of their lives

may their deaths come while they are awake and take hours to arrive

this is loving unreal I cannot believe this poo poo

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Scarabrae posted:

If Tel Aviv gets leveled with missiles are the zionists crazy enough to nuke Tehran?

the ones in power are yeah, probably

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MiddleEastMnt/status/1715025366329270677?s=20
rounding up dissidents and sending them to the place you are indiscriminately bombing huh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

https://twitter.com/dimitrilascaris/status/1715137246431449451

Israel did it.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

ProfessorBooty posted:

I was talking about this with my father. He is such a frustrating man. For the past decade and a half I realize I don't talk honestly with my family, instead, I 'manage' the conversation, I fret and stress, trying to know what they are going to say and the exact right thing to attempt to manipulate them into thinking differently in the long term, or, if anything, get them to just let go, because we just have no power.

When I told him that I hate that I have to witness the holocaust, part two, he told me that I sounded like a holocaust denier. I can't believe he would say such a thing. I was trying to manipulate him in the best way I could. I was managing my anger at him, I spent the last two months finding the perfect way to destroy him. I came up with aphorisms and talking points and stopping points and the perfect ways to counter him in every single way. "There is no such thing as a perfect victim", "A belief that cannot manifest an actionable reality is worthless", "You can hear the Truth, you can speak the Truth, but you can't teach the Truth" trying to be wise and poo poo, showing him the perfect counter to his moron rational right wing talking points.

And I thought of a final manipulation. It's evil. He emailed me today with some video from brogger or whatever right wing youtube thing is out there, with some pundit weakly giving the case for noninterference. I emailed him back saying I watched it, and that we should talk.

I know him better than he knows him. He tries to capitulate gently, in his email back to me, saying that he understands how this cycle works, two sides for every conflict, and that he is sorry for what he said.

He told me I sounded like a holocaust denier.

I SOUNDED like a holocaust denier.

I am an emotional manipulator. I try to manipulate the people around me to eliminate conflict. I thought about this thing he said, and the perfect, perfect counter.

I thought of it today, I was so proud. I think about when I decided to cut off the zionist part of my family (It's weird but consistent), and I thought about how my conversation would go with him.

I would say, "Dad, you called me a holocaust denier"

And he will reply, "No, I said you sounded like a holocaust denier"

And I would finally reply to him. The final stab through the chest, "What is the difference." deadpan and silent.

I would tell him that I already know why, but I want to know why he knows why.

I imagine our society a deep deep ocean. In this ocean we swim in lies. As we become less critical, as we think less what, but why, we start swimming deeper. As we go deeper, we need more lies and contradictions to keep us going, to validate that everything is becoming darker. We become more distressed and anxious. The people we listen to give us ways to cope, while impregnating genocide. You go deeper and deeper.

And then you have cancer, and you have little time left, and maybe you are shaken, but you try to stay firm.

Your son stabbed you in the chest. It was perfect. Your son said, "If I may condense, what you just said. Free market economics would work, and would be the best system to run society, but the problem is that not everyone is lacking in Ideals, and these are Libertarian Ideals", and your son knew that it would make you have to swim deeper, deeper into the darkness.

My dad said 'yes', and I knew I was victorious, I created the win/win scenario for me. I finally defeated him in the battle of logic and rationality.

He emailed me today, with an apology, then saying something that I might say to the effect is cycles of violence, how one thing leads to another, and this tends to create two sides.

I email him back, 'We should talk'

And I don't know what to say now, knowing that i am an emotional manipulator.

The worst part of my family is that they gang up with me. During Thanksgiving I eat at the 'kid's' table, because it's so much more fun to see the things they are interested in and not having to pay attention to what I am now is realizing is just a big giant, racist, genocidal way to keep oil prices low to keep this wheezing geriatric of an economy limping.

I don't want to be ganged up on anymore. That's why I made this decision. My mom - - separated for my my dad in the 90's, is long gone. She wrote some incredibly hateful, dreadful, genocidal things on the family signal, while I was trying to manipulate them into maybe even opening an article about both sides just chilling out, or the wikipedia article on the history of palestine. She is so far gone that I can't have her anymore. But maybe that isn't fair.

So I'm not sure what to do. I think maybe I will talk to my dad about how the moment I thought about cutting him off, I was so happy. Suddenly I was sleeping better, I was able to focus better I work, I was able to stop watching this thread for an hour or so, so I could get things done. I was waking up before my alarm, I wasn't snoozing my alarm. I wasn't taking my afternoon ephedrine pill.

The reason my dad said I SOUNDED like a holocaust denier, is to protect himself. But I emotionally manipulated myself, and I know that know. I look back at myself, and that person thought, 'My dad said that, to protect himself from the pain to call his son a holocaust denier'. What if, instead, I should say, 'My dad said that to protect me from the pain of him calling me a holocaust denier'.

So maybe there is a chance. One last chance as I squeeze tears from my eyes and wish that in the horrors of all my life, it wouldn't be a holocaust after holocaust after holocaust after holocaust until we are finally scratching at the dirt with sticks.

Maybe my dad will learn what it means to reach the bottom.

The bottom is where the lies cease. The next lie doesn't get you further. You are going to die and you realize you were absent from your family. Ashamed that you were successful, maybe, but money is what is important - get the right investments, live frugally. You know that you will never be a good dad, but you can do something. Your son knows this, because your son remembers when you said something to the effect of, 'Everyone wants to have an inheritance for their children',.

I clung on to that and realized why he was gone and probably felt so ashamed that his youngest, the ones who just happened to be born Millennial, had such a hard time compared to their sisters who were just a few years older than them. We were Millennials and he divorced in the 90's, a double whammy of generational division. Maybe I am too presumptive, but I want to think his mask slipped.

And that is his final lie, the one that his children will inherit something more valuable than he has to provide as a father. When I think about this, finally. Writing this out. This whole thing has been stream of thought. I realize he hit the bottom of this ocean of lies several years ago. He's in darkness now, with cancer, and doesn't know the way up, that's why he is so stubborn, but also so liberal, and easy to manipulate.

And I want to give him another chance. But that means I have to give my mom another chance.

But my dad is a genocide denier.

edit: (Sorry)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Missed this earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
democracy has failed wtf is it even for shut it down what's the loving point

e: instead of democracy let's just go with the west