Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

You might get a *little* extra for the sticker. Like, $30 total for the skin. Only time you get value out of stickers is if you put crazy sticker on crazy skin. Gold foil on a blue gem or Kato 14 on a Howl/Dragon Lore. Something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Budzilla posted:

I liked them both on the workshop but the SSG553 looks too much like the Covert grade M4A4 Desert Strike. The Aug would go well with stickers. Your Volcanic skins look too much like the blaze too. If I had your abilities I would try a purple colour/themed Negev since none exist.

Purple negev you say?...

Without the glowy tips, the volcanic glass isn't quite eye-catching enough at a glance. I think it looks gorgeous the way the shader ends up but it's very understated at a distance for anyone but the holder (which is okay) - but a 'handcannon painted black' isn't exactly exciting.

I'm also 99% sure the Aug is broken- none of the front half or upper side of the gun allows any finishes, which on my fancy Aug was done up in brass and polished plastic like the swivel and magazine.

Purple (and other fun colours) Negev delivered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs9_B4nj1V0
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3055030536

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 19, 2023

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

DarkDobe posted:

Tell me what you'd like to see?
Preferably - 'low' intensity skins.
The flashier stuff is -way- harder to actually get in game, while it is pretty.
More reserved things like the engraved metal skins or muted tone paints are more viable.

Not that it's going to stop me making neon pink super soaker skins.

I do like the more low-key, subtle stuff. Like solid colors or nice, visually pleasing patterns. I see some of the more out-there skins and there's just too much visual noise going on. For reference, I like stuff like the M4 Polymag, AK Ice Coaled, and the Asimov series stuff.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i got the rocket pop galil and it's suuuper busy. the ice coaled and asimov are super nice. some of the famas skins are nice.

i would love to get my hands on the twin turbo dualie skins, but a lot of the dualie skins look super nice

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Best skins in the game:

1.) Chatterbox
2.) Tape Gloves
3.) Hydroponic
4.) probably one of the other ones
Last.) sand dune

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

ilmucche posted:

some of the famas skins are nice.

FAMAS has the Neural Net, probably the worst skin in the game. It was only in the past 2 years it got some good skins that weren't part of the same family, like the Mecha Industries, were finally made for the FAMAS. The Spitfire looks great now since Valve decided to fiddle with the wear on the gun that now but that seems to be a thing for old skins that are solid colour. The best thing in CS isn't a skin, it's the Taco Truck music kit.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
the best skin in the game is the Tec-9 brother followed very closely by the Five-SeveN Buddy.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
MAC-10 Neon Rider you philistines

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my leaded glass M4A1-S is cool as gently caress (and has a nice looking sticker) but is apparently only worth like 5 bucks

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Pandaal posted:

Yeah. A good amount actually. Not sure if you know of or care about ohnepixel but there’s a video where he talks to a few guys who have had skins make it into cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSecjaW6Dk

Long and short it seems like they get a flat cut of the sales of the case, a little more or less depending on the skin rarity (blue - gold) so their payday depends on how popular the case is.

Guy in the video mentions around $400k median for one of his skins in an average case so far.

Holy crap :staredog:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

getting paid 400k to put lovely barely visible camo #6336739 on the market

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Ziggy Smalls posted:

the best skin in the game is the Tec-9 brother followed very closely by the Five-SeveN Buddy.

Fellow person of culture right here ^

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I havent played CSGO for like 5 years. What are cheap and goodlooking skins for both m4, ak, galil, p250?

My marketplaye is locked atm, cause you need to spend money every year it seems wtf.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

AutismVaccine posted:

I havent played CSGO for like 5 years. What are cheap and goodlooking skins for both m4, ak, galil, p250?

My marketplaye is locked atm, cause you need to spend money every year it seems wtf.

My friend recently showed me https://csgostash.com/. You can look at every skin for each gun and it shows the price ranges on the steam marketplace.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Cheap but good:
A1-S: Leaded Glass, Dark Water, Briefing
AK: Slate
Galil: there are no good-looking Galil skins no matter what you spend.
P250: basically everything is cheap here. I like “Time’s Up”.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pandaal posted:

wrong

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Pandaal posted:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seems like everyone forgot about the Franklin. Slap a drug war veteran sticker on that bad boy.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

With the p250, I’ve always been shocked how cheap the Franklin is considering how it can’t be unboxed.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

how the gently caress is that only £2.14 factory new

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Interesting.

Very nice.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

hello internet posted:

With the p250, I’ve always been shocked how cheap the Franklin is considering how it can’t be unboxed.

It is cheap because it is a bad outcome from trade ups. When there is a CS2 thread I will make a skins effort post that will go over this stuff.

Ziggy Smalls posted:

My friend recently showed me https://csgostash.com/. You can look at every skin for each gun and it shows the price ranges on the steam marketplace.

CSGOskins.gg is another good website too.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah if you're basically "gambling" on stream for AK hydroponic or M4 poseidon trade ups it's way cheaper to use filler emerald pinstripes than pretty much any other collection purple skin

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

yeah if you're basically "gambling" on stream for AK hydroponic or M4 poseidon trade ups it's way cheaper to use filler emerald pinstripes than pretty much any other collection purple skin

Emerald Pinstripe or the P2K Amber Fade are the best non-stattrack restricted skins to use as filler in trade ups. I bought a R8 Amber Fade a while back for a dollar with the name "$350 Revolver".

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

thx for the suggestions, will look up the skins and search a bit on these two sites.

Leaded Glass cheapest Stattrak is like 15€
Dark Water drat not paying 100€+
Briefing Minimal Wear 20€
Sandstorm StatTrak Minimal Wear 5€
Slate i prefer the OG AK i guess

drat, prices are insane in general.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 21, 2023

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oh yeah, if you want stat track rifles you're optimistically looking at 50+ bucks for the AK/M4 combo short of going for the absolute budget ones, and another 10+ for a budget awp, 30+ for anything above that

if you're buying a set of starter skins don't start with stat track, and think "okay, my overall budget is like, 30-50-100, w/e bucks, how do I allocate that to get what I want" and expect to spend maybe 60% of that total on M4/AK alone

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

AutismVaccine posted:

thx for the suggestions, will look up the skins and search a bit on these two sites.

Leaded Glass cheapest Stattrak is like 15€
Dark Water drat not paying 100€+
Briefing Minimal Wear 20€
Sandstorm StatTrak Minimal Wear 5€
Slate i prefer the OG AK i guess

drat, prices are insane in general.
M4A1S Dark Water is expensive because it is used as tradeup input for the AK case hardened. It's not really an attractive skin. The site I linked has a price filter and 'available in stattrack' filter. You can probably buy skins for most meta guns for a total of 30USD or less. AWP Atheris is very nice in field tested and is cheap too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Interesting.

Very nice.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

TheFlyingLlama posted:

oh yeah, if you want stat track rifles you're optimistically looking at 50+ bucks for the AK/M4 combo short of going for the absolute budget ones, and another 10+ for a budget awp, 30+ for anything above that

if you're buying a set of starter skins don't start with stat track, and think "okay, my overall budget is like, 30-50-100, w/e bucks, how do I allocate that to get what I want" and expect to spend maybe 60% of that total on M4/AK alone

Incorrect. Every item must be stattrak.

Now give me stattrak gloves and bomb.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
best skins in the game:

1. default dualies
2. default desert eagle
3. all other defaults

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i got some royal consort dualies a few years ago and they look so loving sick dude

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Speaking of skins, just sold my butterfly knife for a smidge under $1000, a profit of $850 since i bought it in like 2015 or whenever

time for a new mobo, cpu and gpu :getin:

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
yeah playing csgo in 2015 turned out to be a great investment, all those 3 cent cases clogging my inventory were worth like 3-5 bucks apiece so over the last year I bought red dead 2, baldur's gate 3 and cyberpunk+dlc among others

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

yeah playing csgo in 2015 turned out to be a great investment, all those 3 cent cases clogging my inventory were worth like 3-5 bucks apiece so over the last year I bought red dead 2, baldur's gate 3 and cyberpunk+dlc among others

Yeah I had like 150+ cases that I sold for 3 cents each right before they skyrocketed in value

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vahakyla posted:

Incorrect. Every item must be stattrak.

Now give me stattrak gloves and bomb.

What would you even count with stattrak gloves?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

What would you even count with stattrak gloves?

Times I got clapped at Dust 2 double doors.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Now that we can inspect grenades, how long until grenade skins?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bedazzling my frag grenades for extra shrapnel

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Speaking of skins, just sold my butterfly knife for a smidge under $1000, a profit of $850 since i bought it in like 2015 or whenever

time for a new mobo, cpu and gpu :getin:

Where do you sell them? My brother got some wild knife a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

always be closing posted:

Where do you sell them? My brother got some wild knife a while back.

Try https://skinport.com/