Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/HockeyDaily365/status/1715542593528836277

Stop cheap-shotting CBJ players, assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Ooof I haven't seen a player this hated by Ottawa since Yashin

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:siren: Sanderson

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Such a weak call on Greig for that PP. This whole game feels precarious though. Sens are dominating in shots and possession, but it feels like one of those games were Detroit’s gonna have most of their shots go in.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

bub spank posted:

Sens are dominating in shots and possession, but it feels like one of those games where Detroit’s gonna have most of their shots go in.

feels like I nailed this one

Kale
May 14, 2010

Not at all surprised to hear the Habs have like 90 penalty minutes already and lead the league in it.

NO WHISTLE!!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

NO WHISTLE!!!!

So much gusto on them screams

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

So much gusto on them screams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARaYjgm_rA
I'm just reminded of this somehow. Same energy. Also how does Gallagher manage a high stick out of such a routine pass receiving play? Like what is it with this team and the penalties?

Justin Barron as a sub for Guhle is pretty concerning stuff. Mainly that he was so brutal in the preseason yet apparently next on the depth chart.

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARaYjgm_rA
I'm just reminded of this somehow. Same energy. Also how does Gallagher manage a high stick out of such a routine pass receiving play? Like what is it with this team and the penalties?

if you have a better idea on how to get reps on the PK i'd like to hear it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Allen making 5 alarm saves from Habs screwups so you just know he's gonna give up a routine shot some time next period or in the 3rd.

Oh no Habs PP :ohdear:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

habs... powerplay... goal...???

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Samsonov playing in loving slow motion.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Monahan has silently been the Habs best forward through 4 games IMO. Just seems to show up in these sorts of situations in the right spot and doesn't make many mistakes. Unfortunately Suzuki has kind of been uncharacteristically lousy so it kind of balances out.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

samsonov just let up 3 goals on 4 shots

Kale
May 14, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

samsonov just let up 3 goals on 4 shots

Leafs definitely do seem to have a huge goalie problem I've noticed.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Monahan has silently been the Habs best forward through 4 games IMO. Just seems to show up in these sorts of situations in the right spot and doesn't make many mistakes. Unfortunately Suzuki has kind of been uncharacteristically lousy so it kind of balances out.

His injury coincides with everything coming undone last year. He's somehow the team's glue.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I like how that poo poo is a penalty, but when Slaf gets involved in exactly the same type of hit and a guy lands on top of him in the corner in the 1st period it's fine. Like sure okay refs.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kids got me tired as hell, good thing I can sit down and relax and enjoy some quality flyers hockey

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That must feel pretty good for ol' Gally

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy poo poo Gallagher can still charge the net and score apparently. :siren:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

neoaxd posted:

That must feel pretty good for ol' Gally

Just about to say this. huge weight off his shoulders

edit: Gallagher's last goal was April 7, 2023 against...the Washington Capitals https://puckpedia.com/player/brendan-gallagher

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 22, 2023

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The reaction times :stare::tastykake:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Oh that was impressive by Sandin

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
We accidentally got tickets on the opposite side from where we normally sit and I missed all the stars goals booo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol refs. Geno didn't trip that guy but you made the call because it's going to be a 2 on 0. Fuckers.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I didn't think it was possible for Caufield to bounce a guy like that.

e: Nice loving dive there btw. Refs are gonna call everything on the Habs tonight so might as well sell it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
An absolutely horrible kill that somehow doesn't get a goal against then a lucky puck bounce to Geno out of the box and gets a breakaway.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy poo poo that shortie ruled

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars power play sucks real bad to start the season, but giving up a shorty is ugly as hell

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars have opened up every game this year playing like poo poo in the first period.. Kind of annoying that this trend is continuing.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Perbix sounds like a user name. Like when he re-regs the mod just puts "Perbix" on the ban.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yikes that should have been a save lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres are good again

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol. Points 2 AV

Pens 3rd pairing is extremely bad.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Begging Jarry to make a save to keep the team in the game challenge. So many system breakdowns but come on dude it's loving 13 shots and you've let 3 in.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
So that's where all the Caps penalties were all along!!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I would really like to imagine that the Stars aren't going to be this helpless against any team that can play with a bit of pace... They are just getting left behind in alot of these shifts.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Errson is very shakey

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Good soup! posted:

Yikes that should have been a save lol

Which one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wilson is just the biggest poo poo bag. That's about as clear cut a trip as you'll ever see.