Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I don't think any jail will hold her.

Teenage Klee realizing that Jean can't actually stop her is going to destroy Teyvat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Traveller posted:

I'm pretty sure Shenhe is the strongest character that isn't a literal god or whatever going by fluff, which makes her gameplay funnier in hindsight

Klee has cartoon physics going for her though, it's an Arale/Vegeta situation

Part of her lore was that she was bodying a lesser god or at least had the advantage in a multi day long fight as a child so....

Anyway I liked the return of the improbably long distance carrying courtesy of Noelle this event where they make it sound like she carried tables and chairs all the way from Mondstadt to the Stone Gate by herself in one go.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Thunder Sheep posted:

So what now, huh? We are just never going to need scarabs again Mihoyo? Talk about ugh status

Which is more frustrating though: materials only used by a single character/weapon/whatever, or materials that don't have any use whatsoever? Like, loach pearls have been in the game since 1.1 apparently and still don't have ANYTHING going for them.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Kale posted:

Part of her lore was that she was bodying a lesser god or at least had the advantage in a multi day long fight as a child so....

Which is why the Adeptus adopted her, not so much to increase her strength but just to teach her to control it because they were seriously worried she'd go full psycho murderer otherwise due to her natural inclination for violence. The red ropes sealing her killing instincts absolutely aren't just for show.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Furina's full animations are out and I'm unironically thinking about skipping her now lol
They reduced Raiden's shininess and release this? Please, visibility toggles. I beg...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Noelle is great but chocoboy dragged the whole thing down

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MoonCrab posted:

They reduced Raiden's shininess and

they did WHAT?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I already play salad teams I don't care about visibility at all

give me more numbers and flashy effects everywhere! I need the dopamine hit.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

I don't think any jail will hold her.

Teenage Klee realizing that Jean can't actually stop her is going to destroy Teyvat.

I fear for Teyvat when Klee enters her rebellious teenage phase and starts to resent her parents. (Both Alice and/or Jean)

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Furina's full animations are out and I'm unironically thinking about skipping her now lol
They reduced Raiden's shininess and release this? Please, visibility toggles. I beg...

Are you reddit?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

they did WHAT?

Raiden's chakra circle used to be super gaudy, bright enough that using her in overworld was actually a little annoying sometimes. So they reduced it to a reasonable level shortly afterwards :)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Huh, I knew I wasn't crazy and that used to be way more visually irritating to the point of distraction. Neat.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I fear for Teyvat when Klee enters her rebellious teenage phase and starts to resent her parents. (Both Alice and/or Jean)

It's more rebelling against Jean that'd be the problem, since rebelling against Alice would just mean becoming an upstanding member of society who never bothers or explodes anything.

or becoming a shut-in goth, i guess

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Also none of these dingdongs understand that you need a teamwide healer :|

Always thought they weren't a luxury thing for Furi teams but I thought it was to maintain high frontloaded damage%, not because you were gonna get killed! It doesn't look too bad on a spreadsheet or in a field against a hilichurl, but as soon as you start trying to use her against stuff like the abyss beasts or those cryo heralds you're gonna get one-shot. It's real bad, even the "snipe the squishies" strat I've been thinking about looks like it can only be done near the beginning of a rotation, cause otherwise those squishies are gonna get loving obliterated..!

Those Noelle and Kokomi teams are looking really good tho

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Danakir posted:

Which is why the Adeptus adopted her, not so much to increase her strength but just to teach her to control it because they were seriously worried she'd go full psycho murderer otherwise due to her natural inclination for violence. The red ropes sealing her killing instincts absolutely aren't just for show.

I was sold on her when you meet her in the quest being 'mugged' and things go quickly from "hey these shady guys are accosting this strange lady :mad:" to "we have to get these idiots out of harm's way before they are disemboweled :ohdear:"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was funny when people were like 'surely this dialog about her murdering these guys is a mistl...' and then the original cn was more violent

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

MoonCrab posted:

Those Noelle and Kokomi teams are looking really good tho

Qiqi's strongest team has almost arrived

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I went from Furina is a must-pull to ez-skip instantly upon seeing that prolonged burst fx. A very personal decision, mind you, but that is NOT for me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, Shenhe's a psychopathic murder machine whose use in your party is uhhh buffing the worst non-Geo element?

Genshin meta gamers truly are brain damaged to call cryo bad

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

like, she's not completely an unfeeling sociopath right??? (i dont got her idk)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just checked out her burst from the reaction here... is the new change the bubbles overlay on the screen when her burst is active? I hate bursts which block your vision (kazuha, and to a less extend Nahida), but this doesn't seem as egregious as those. Still don't like it, though, because it just looks cheesy and bad.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Genshin meta gamers truly are brain damaged to call cryo bad

Blizzard strayer does a lot of heavy lifting in making it good.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So I finally tried out Abyss 11.

11-1: Protect the Monolith from being...

nope nope nope nope nope nuh-uh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Its honestly extremely easy, just stand next to it and do aoes

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I limped through the first part at 22%. Then I saw that the second half is defending the _same_ monolith.

Doesn't matter anyway. The team I was using in the second half had no way to even damage the phantasms in 11-3.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

It's more that she has very strong violent impulses that she struggles to control without the red ropes (and sometimes even with). Her being hella awkward socially is more of a product of being raised by a bunch of weirdo Adeptus rather than just not having emotions.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Danakir posted:

It's more that she has very strong violent impulses that she struggles to control without the red ropes (and sometimes even with). Her being hella awkward socially is more of a product of being raised by a bunch of weirdo Adeptus rather than just not having emotions.

Same tho

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

delfin posted:

I limped through the first part at 22%. Then I saw that the second half is defending the _same_ monolith.

Doesn't matter anyway. The team I was using in the second half had no way to even damage the phantasms in 11-3.

The second half of 11-1 in this abyss is thankfully fine, because the two lawachurls only attack you and you can just walk away from the monolith and fight them by the edge of the arena.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Note Block posted:

I went from Furina is a must-pull to ez-skip instantly upon seeing that prolonged burst fx. A very personal decision, mind you, but that is NOT for me.

I’m very into Neuvillette so am really going to try to ignore it as best I can, but goddamn same that burst makes me want to pretend she doesn’t even exist as a playable character. I’d love to know who thought it was a good idea to make her extended burst an old Facebook photo filter. And it’s pretty impressive that it not only looks terrible but also blocks your view.

Edit: it’s especially funny since the silhouettes that show at the bottom were apparently added to show how many stacks you have, when we can’t get any idea of how much shield strength is left and players have wanted readable visual indicators for stuff like stacks and this is what they give us :lol:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
there needs to be a setting to disable burst camera entirely, it sucks so goddamn bad and we already know the tech exists in the game since it happens when you stand in a corner

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Endorph posted:

it was funny when people were like 'surely this dialog about her murdering these guys is a mistl...' and then the original cn was more violent

Wait, really?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

It's more rebelling against Jean that'd be the problem, since rebelling against Alice would just mean becoming an upstanding member of society who never bothers or explodes anything.

or becoming a shut-in goth, i guess

Teenage Goth Phase Klee is the 5* we all need.

She still goes fish blasting, but only at night cuz she's edgy

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Part of the trick is that some of the enemies attack the monolith, and others attack you. You really need to focus on those that attack the monolith, and bringing crowd control is a major part of that if you don't have a killer team.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Teenage Goth Phase Klee is the 5* we all need.

She still goes fish blasting, but only at night cuz she's edgy

Rosaria/Klee mishmash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Traveller posted:

Wait, really?
not by a massive amount her threatening lines in chinese just tend to be slightly more specific about the exact kind of violence she is going to inflict

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
pretty sure Kaeya is there as the insurance policy for when Klee turns into a moody teenager because he's the cool uncle who spoils her and sneaks her out already

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Klee hanging out with Rosaria and absolutely killing her mood because she can barely pull off being an assassin at night with a walking dynamite box following her around all the time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
the biggest disappointment in this game was when they smuggled Klee to inazuma to meet Yoimiya and it didn't result in the Grand narukami shrine getting blown off the top of the mountain.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Her whole thing is she wants to be normal and reintegrate into Liyue society, but has these uncontrollable violent impulses that the red ropes she wears are supposed to suppress, but can't do it entirely. Combine that with being ridiculously unnaturally strong for a human to the point where it's a story bit that people just assume she's an Adepti and it's like she's the games answer to the Hulk basically. She's like a chaotic good if anything that wants to be a lawful good. All the people she's gotten angry at have also kind of deserved it to some degree as well, they just probably shouldn't be pile-drived 20 feet into the ground or whatever was going to happen to them.

If Furina's burst animations actually bother people that much or cause enough players to experience discomfort then they're kind of obligated to change it, even post patch. It's hard for me to entirely comment yet though since while I know a lot of people seem upset with it I'm waiting till the Livestream next weekend to see what it is they've cooked up like I usually do.

Anora posted:

the biggest disappointment in this game was when they smuggled Klee to inazuma to meet Yoimiya and it didn't result in the Grand narukami shrine getting blown off the top of the mountain.

Fireworks were expressly forbidden during that ceremony I believe. I remember Yoimiya being bummed out about it and that's how she bumped into Klee and they bonded over mutual love of blowing poo poo up.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There's a lot of non-atepdtus doing impressive things in the game's story but I'd say freezing a 50 foot wave effortlessly is probably up there near the top