Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dick Fontaine posted:

why does wesley look like he’s going through a powerman 5000 phase?

Kid is a psycho.

LOL.

galagazombie posted:

Why is mirror Barclay a ghost? Why use Barclay on the cover instead of an evil Mirror Geordie with body-horror cyber-eyes? Make him like the three eyed guy with the rotating head from He-Man.

Geordi's eyes are pretty disappointing. He just has weird cyber glasses instead of a visor.

Looks like mirror medical tech isn't that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Lore is already Mirror Data though

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Beverly is unchanged except she dyes her hair

She better be swole under that coat :mad:

Edit: I can’t get over Crazytown Wesley

the only difference for mirror dr crusher is she has several ghost sex candles and she keeps them lit 24/7

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mirror Lore is probably extremely emo. Just cries all the time. Loves cosplay. Goes to Star Trek conventions.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

And when Voyager gets back in contact with Starfleet and they're told about the Dominion War that's currently going on Chakotay's just straight up like "What the hell's a 'Dominion'? :confused:"

And Voyager even botched that easy lay-up since the ship got lost well after the Dominion was a known entity and going concern in galactic relations, he could've just looked them up in the ship's database if nothing else. Blunder, fired, etc.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Kid is a psycho.

LOL.

Geordi's eyes are pretty disappointing. He just has weird cyber glasses instead of a visor.

Looks like mirror medical tech isn't that good.

Weren't there some comic panels a few years back of the mirror Enterprise D crew all having a good laugh?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
lol at this episode where the Doctor is stolen and becomes a Doctor in *checks notes* Ah the United States medical system

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hollismason posted:

lol at this episode where the Doctor is stolen and becomes a Doctor in *checks notes* Ah the United States medical system

This is an incredibly unwarranted insult to the Jye health care system. The Jye don’t charge insane amounts of money they just do social triage

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Non Compos Mentis posted:

the only difference for mirror dr crusher is she has several ghost sex candles and she keeps them lit 24/7

Just gonna assume this is 100% true

What’s Regular Universe Jellico doing there?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

he's the same in every universe because he's the one perfect being

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

He is a man who is comfortable in any universe he finds himself in.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Kid is a psycho.

Poor Mirror Bruce Willis.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
are the mirror borg just a really successful multicultural multispecies race?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

The mirror borg are a bunch of robots that graft meat onto themselves to become arch libertarians.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

He is a man who is comfortable in any universe he finds himself in.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

ChubbyChecker posted:

he's the same in every universe because he's the one perfect being

could be the sg1 thread, would still be perfect

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"We are the Borg. How are you? We are fine, thank you. Well, see ya."

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The borg would be space hippies, all about individualism, free expression, and racist as gently caress

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In STO they're the Borg Kingdom and they're much sleeker and faster and their implants are more aesthetic in white with nice red and gold trim and they're very picky about who they assimilate because they only want drones that will fit in with their perfection.

There's a bit in one of the missions where Harry gets insulted because they refuse to assimilate him.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 22, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

So they're elitist yuppies

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

we are the borg

you will not be assimilated

your culture and technology have been deemed... 'mid'.

please lose our number

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's probably a bit of a lukewarm take but my god there is too much Vic in the last leg of DS9. I take it Ira Behr was a big fan of this era or something

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

He's a prick across the multiverse lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jellicho probably kicked some rear end during the Dominion War, assuming they didn't just ram their ships into his when they noticed how effective he was

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

galagazombie posted:

The mirror borg are a bunch of robots that graft meat onto themselves to become arch libertarians.

Honestly a bunch of AI grafting flesh into themselves to hack their on hardware into free-willed sentience sounds pretty awesome.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Honestly a bunch of AI grafting flesh into themselves to hack their on hardware into free-willed sentience sounds pretty awesome.

Seems like a downgrade. Why go to meatspace?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think that's been an episode of Doctor Who several times.

There was that one with the robots that kept repairing themselves with available (human) parts and at the end the leader one was basically asking the doctor to kill him because his programming was forcing him to self-repair and it wouldn't let him kill himself but he'd picked up enough human bits to gain sentience and empathy and comprehension that he was murdering people

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 22, 2023

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Oh man I feel like I watched that one.

There’s also the Buffy S4 big bad of course.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

Oh man I feel like I watched that one.

There’s also the Buffy S4 big bad of course.

Adam had a ZIP drive

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I transfered a Napster MP3 from Zip disk to miniDisc at one point, which feels like something I should be able to figure out the exact date it happened on just because there can't be many days where that would have ever made sense.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sedgr posted:

I transfered a Napster MP3 from Zip disk to miniDisc at one point, which feels like something I should be able to figure out the exact date it happened on just because there can't be many days where that would have ever made sense.

lol circa 9/3/99

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

"We are the Borg. How are you? We are fine, thank you. Well, see ya."

Can't tell if this means you did or didn't watch Picard season 2 because whelp

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

maybeadracula posted:

Oh god, I'd forgotten that (but so had the writers).

"The Borg haven't been heard from in decades."
"Well, apart from those friendly Borg who just last year saved the entire Alpha Quadrant from annihilation and asked to join the Federation."
"They what now?"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Sedgr posted:

i love minidisk and as a musician nothing was more useful or saved us more money than the minidisk player

you did this circa ~2001

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picard seasons hosed up the timeline so badly they just ended up as cigarette burns on the spacetime continuum.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's really sad Sony totally hosed up the design and release of MD Data, minidisc drives as a floppy disc style data drive for your computer. We could've had them instead of lovely loving click click oh no it's broken Zip Disks if they'd done them right and gotten them to take off.

Because they're Sony they decided to make it so that computer drives couldn't write to or use music minidiscs and you should buy data minidiscs that are computer only and that just killed anyone's interest.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 22, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Going by Enterprise, the Borg became interested in Earth after receiving a signal from Borg who had time travelled into the past in First Contact, a signal which took over a hundred years to reach them.

The alpha quadrant would have drawn their interest eventually I'm sure, but that's why they started heading for it and why Q gave Picard the warning about them by putting the Enterprise up against a cube.

In the Mirror Universe, the events of the First Contact movie never happened. So the Borg never got a signal drawing their interest to Earth.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Small Strange Bird posted:

Oh god, I'd forgotten that (but so had the writers).

"The Borg haven't been heard from in decades."
"Well, apart from those friendly Borg who just last year saved the entire Alpha Quadrant from annihilation and asked to join the Federation."
"They what now?"

Yeah I didn’t mind the “Borgs are friendly now” premise, to be honest—if they’re all about adapting, maybe eventually they’d realize the best course of action is to stop pissing off literally everyone else in the galaxy.

It’s too bad what happened to Picard S2, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah I didn’t mind the “Borgs are friendly now” premise, to be honest—if they’re all about adapting, maybe eventually they’d realize the best course of action is to stop pissing off literally everyone else in the galaxy.

It’s too bad what happened to Picard S2, though.

Yeah, that was something I really liked in The Orville; Part of getting the Kaylon to stop fighting everyone was them accepting and acknowledging that while participating in the galactic community and democracy isn't perfect, it's still better than the alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

maybeadracula posted:

I didn't. Isn't the premise that the new Borg are friendly collective for lonely nerds? Because the sociopath scientist lady was insecure plus didn't she murder her boyfriend? I don't know the actual story, just guessing from what I heard.