Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
I feel like the Us forces are not as strong as before (or never were really) and I don't have anything to support it but the will by the West to fight another war must be pretty loving low with everything going on right now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

PawParole posted:

What’s the Source for this?

https://www.nzz.ch/english/inside-the-intercontinental-in-kabul-the-luxury-hotel-run-by-the-taliban-ld.1756704

e: flydubai is also resuming flights into Kabul, first airline to return to the international airport there

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

smoobles posted:

just now hearing that Hamas has access to weaponized autism?

that's right

they have access to c-spam

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

c-spam is turning the tide of public opinion through posting praxis

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DrHub posted:

I feel like the Us forces are not as strong as before (or never were really) and I don't have anything to support it but the will by the West to fight another war must be pretty loving low with everything going on right now too.

its not even a war it's more like going directly into a superfallujah insurgency hell that's been built up for decades to be worse than anything ever to invade

stepping into a bombed out city riddled with tunnels where hundreds of soldiers can disappear and pop up half a mile away on the other side of you is not something I'd look forward to rbh

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i'm brainstorming a new al-saqr av. not sure yet

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
have you asked your mom for ideas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/s_m_marandi/status/1715976893604704306?s=20

19 dead fighters in exchange for the damage already done to Israeli armor and sensors is an insanely good trade.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Oglethorpe posted:

i'm brainstorming a new al-saqr av. not sure yet

I'm a big fan of any of these:-

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

have you asked your mom for ideas

too much cotton picking

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Anyway now I'm catching up on what the Taliban is up to in Kabul.

almost every Talib is like this lol they hate being white collar bureaucrats

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1622017427755212803?t=DyZ02ePiBuyZxB6lEOT2Qw&s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1715974422409134426?s=20

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Their salaries have been raised quite a bit since then it seems unless Niazai is just a lot higher ranking

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

speng31b posted:

why would they not have land ownership

I know there is more nuance to it, but I had been told that the term “Bedouin” referred to the nomadic people living in Arab countries and that although they lived a more traditional life they did not self-identify as such after settling down and there was a clear distinction between normal citizens and people who lived such a lifestyle. Also, that historical they relied on de facto communal land ownership and had opposed land registration. I’ve mainly seen them referenced in the news as groups of people getting forcibly relocated by governments for big development projects and normally got the impression that they get the short end of the stick as they don’t have official ownership of the land being taken or some leader negotiated all their rights away.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I'll prob vote Trump to put this stupid dying rabid empire to rest like what they did to that dog in the book where they took him out back and shot him, Old Yeller, yah that was it

I’ll take a probe for burgerposting because I am a proud member of the American hamburger race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

Because the US won't let them.

Lol another classic mcmagic

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/davidsheen/status/1715961936976756812?s=20

I'm not sure how accurate this claim is. The translations that people are posting sounds like esoteric gibberish.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Popy posted:

idk much how gaza works but it seems hamas have the will of the people, and they are the people of gaza you just cant magically remove em.

Israel: hold my beer

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ardennes posted:

It isn’t my favorite YouTuber but this guy actually has some pretty useful videos on tunnel warfare. Some of his earlier videos are NWS on Ukraine but these aren’t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72yS0ENy2tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaQn6eBroY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derinkuyu_underground_city

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I have been there, it is cool. But yeah, those tunnel systems are built for redundancy have their own barracks, supplies, and ammo store and sometimes small factories.

Hamas and Hezbollah have been both preparing for years for this war.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/davidsheen/status/1715961936976756812?s=20

I'm not sure how accurate this claim is. The translations that people are posting sounds like esoteric gibberish.

i dont think they're going to pick up the process of animal sacrifice

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

text editor posted:

thread title potential there

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:qq:

https://www.newsweek.com/jewish-celebrities-cant-win-hamas-palestinians-israel-1836490

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the one on the left isn’t muqdisho, it’s Jilib, the capital of the khawarij

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm a big fan of any of these:-

oh no i just noticed those are AI warhams

i was thinking something more custom made

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
americans in ain al assad are getting rocketed just now

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1715985337284268348?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Weka
May 5, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The US military is massively over-exposed in the Middle East, and won't be able to get the kind of cooperation from regional actors that was necessary for the Iraqi buildup in the first place.

This is how US military bases are currently distributed. Everything in Northern Iraq and Syria is floating in an ocean of hostile militias. The Arab countries are going to resist increased deployments of American forces because of the political liability, and none of them want to get involved in a war with Iran if it comes to that. And if it DID come to that, everything in the Persian Gulf is in range of Iran's missile corps. Basically the US military has never been this vulnerable or operationally limited since the Korean War.

I'm sure you're aware, but that buildup for the 2003 invasion of Iraq was the gulf war then 10 years of near continuous bombing of Iraq, particularly targeting anti air systems. Invading a functioning country with a half decent military is hard.
Oh an as an aside, everything in the middle east is in range of Iranian missiles.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ardennes posted:

I have been there, it is cool. But yeah, those tunnel systems are built for redundancy have their own barracks, supplies, and ammo store and sometimes small factories.

Hamas and Hezbollah have been both preparing for years for this war.
im just thinking
remember how long azovstal took, with way less people in way less space and with less preparation against way more people with way more firepower on site

they won't be able to beat the tunnels
i can't think of a thing that can besides idk subterranean nuclear warheads and now im lil anxious about that ngl

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

DrHub posted:

One of my big hopes from this conflict is that it deflates the risk of WW3. I know there's a risk of it sparking WW3 by itself, but it also buys a lot of time for China to advance in military and chip tech. The non-West part of the world gets time to reorient their allegiances. Western economies get more time to deteriorate. And Western countries going further right is just going to cause a bunch of schisms because fascists are nothing if not easily offended petty little bitches.

Basically there's a window where the West will think it's a good idea to go all in on China and they've been eyeing that window a lot lately, but maybe with Russo-Ukrine and I/P we might be able to scoot past that window.

My other big hope is of course that the people of Palestine finally get their loving freedom and security.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/CaptCoronado/status/1715927056779751571

take this with a giant grain of salt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Al-Saqr posted:

osama sucks no need to look that deeply hes a rich kid turned fundamentalest psycho

he really doesnt have anything good or interesting to say

He was just crazy enough to do the crime. I wasn't linking it to suggest Osama had some good ideas. Just that Palestine was the justification that set the chain of events in motion in 2000. An idea inconvenient enough for the Western narrative to censor into obscurity.

It's 'interesting' that Clinton/BushJr believed we had all those nations in our back pocket, but they hit the eject button and funded a fundamentalist psycho like Bin Laden cause they saw Palestine as a tipping point. Saudi Arabia publicly distanced themselves from him in 90's cause he was a problem for normalizing relations w/ the US. They got Gaddafi on board in 1999 after 20 years of sanctions and sabre rattling.

After much killing, back stabbing, couping, color revolting. The neocons had done it. All that sowing and no reaping ever again! The perfect game. No moves left for the enemy pieces. All the opponents Rooks, Queens, Bishops off the table. King surrounded by pawns. And then nothing. The final game, the board no longer needs to be reset. Mutually assured enough destruction, compartmentalized enough strongmen, and bought enough princes to inspire the ultimate stalemate and ensure growth eternal for another generation of Americans.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The US military is massively over-exposed in the Middle East, and won't be able to get the kind of cooperation from regional actors that was necessary for the Iraqi buildup in the first place.

This is how US military bases are currently distributed. Everything in Northern Iraq and Syria is floating in an ocean of hostile militias. The Arab countries are going to resist increased deployments of American forces because of the political liability, and none of them want to get involved in a war with Iran if it comes to that. And if it DID come to that, everything in the Persian Gulf is in range of Iran's missile corps. Basically the US military has never been this vulnerable or operationally limited since the Korean War.

I do believe that this and other parallel considerations; e.g.: the end of "israel" as a Zionist state in case of ground war are why some of the spook apparatus are dissenting.
They are not dissenting out of the goodness of their little hearts because of the genocide - or because they feel for the Palestinians plight. Come on

No, I would say they see this writing on the wall and are reacting / or trying to react accordingly

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol sure.

e:

another gem from that account:

https://twitter.com/CaptCoronado/status/1715935253380866070

DickParasite has issued a correction as of 08:22 on Oct 22, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

I thought the flag in the right was a klansman

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How do I send money to the Mujahideen?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FirstnameLastname posted:

im just thinking
remember how long azovstal took, with way less people in way less space and with less preparation against way more people with way more firepower on site

they won't be able to beat the tunnels
i can't think of a thing that can besides idk subterranean nuclear warheads and now im lil anxious about that ngl

Even then it wouldn’t be great because at least some of the network isn’t purposefully linked so they would have to go around and nuke out every part of Gaza. It would be hard not to have some spill over.

But yeah think Azov steel but with far more forces and better prepared with possibly new troops and ammo coming in from tunnels across the border.

This thing obviously is still way too unpredictable to say that much but yeah it would be a complete nightmare to try to root Hamas out. Also to be honest how do you “root out” a organization that was openly voted in and probably has much of the backing of the populace? Yeah…

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

hadji murad posted:

I thought the flag in the right was a klansman

the klansman flag is to the left, actually

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I mean, some bureaucrat over at the dod sure is in charge of drafting orders for the most ridiculous poo poo ever but I bet even they would smile in disbelief at this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
my uncle works for the biden admin and he told me they are working to draft every white balding pacnw comptuer toucher who post too much on twitter.

be prepared ya'll