Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably 69%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I heard a rumour there were other matches on the show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Also, Rocky has wrestled more than 20 matches for AEW, going all the way back to the Daily's Place days. He's an AEW guy as much as anyone is.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lamuella posted:

"there whiners on the internet think I'm going to pick someone offensive for the belt. Just to show them how wrong they are and to show the aristocratic bloodline of this belt, I am unveiling the first sideplate: King Leopold II of Belgium!"

Hold on, I need to google this one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Oh.

That's hosed up!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m really mad wrestling is forcing me to expand my cultural horizons

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Why do I get the feeling the "When I watch AEW I wanna see AEW wrestlers" types also don't like AEW wrestlers

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Drakkel posted:

Why do I get the feeling the "When I watch AEW I wanna see AEW wrestlers" types also don't like AEW wrestlers

They mean Punk and his friends

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got to see a big deal wrestler have a cool fast paced match that had an ending that made my jaw drop and buddy im angry. im fuckin pissed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lamuella posted:

I heard a rumour there were other matches on the show.

And the show? Rampage.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Imagine being mad about a match where Rocky Romero dressed like this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Full Kenny Powers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I also hate when I’m told to watch a good episode of a show I don’t watch and I watch it and it’s really good. It pisses me off so much.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Given how little Wagner means right now vs 6 years ago I am sure he doesn't agree and is very glad he milked a legendary mask for everything it was worth.

Edit: Actually I know he disagrees because he wants to remask.

how else is he going to get paid to lose it again

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Leslie heard that Punk is going to Impact

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1715914265050169513?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lmao at 52 year old Bubba kicking out at 3.1

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Wait until they hear that nearly ALL of the roster has wrestled somewhere else before AEW!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1715929425223557245

Rent-free, I swear.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1715931560640446873?t=LJ4cIWeiVVb5MxlbyDQHGw&s=19

We are so back

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

hard to believe that all TNA needed to be taken seriously by the terminally Fedbrained was their name changed back to TNA

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

hard to believe that all TNA needed to be taken seriously by the terminally Fedbrained was their name changed back to TNA

I mean really it was just "Not being AEW"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So they kept trashing TNA and then Impact for years but now they have a bigger hate for AEW so TNA is cool. Their life has to be a fun ride.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Guillermus posted:

So they kept trashing TNA and then Impact for years but now they have a bigger hate for AEW so TNA is cool. Their life has to be a fun ride.

Funny enough this is exactly like they acted before AEW showed up. They hated NXT compared to the main roster until NJPW became the popular thing, then they hated NJPW, then AEW became the popular thing and they forgot all about NJPW to hate AEW and champion NXT.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

Funny enough this is exactly like they acted before AEW showed up. They hated NXT compared to the main roster until NJPW became the popular thing, then they hated NJPW, then AEW became the popular thing and they forgot all about NJPW to hate AEW and champion NXT.

Don't forget how they suddenly LOVED NJPW when rumors started up that WWE as trying to form a relationship with them pretty much specifically to keep Daniel Bryan and then as soon as that didn't happen they went right back to hating it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Going to love the 'analysts' talking about how TNA's ratings actually mean the show is doing better than any of AEW's.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

IMPACT bring back the 6 sided ring and the reverse battle royal ladder match

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

super macho dude posted:

IMPACT bring back the 6 sided ring and the reverse battle royal ladder match

They already brought back the Reverse Battle Royal for Slammiversary 2022!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s really weird that impact’s main show never got its own name when they changed the name of the company

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/1716124342931640827?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

This isn’t the absolute worst take I’ve ever seen or anything but people trying to convince me wwe has immensely improved are insane to me. Everytime I’ve tried to watch recently. It’s still all the exact reasons I stopped watching in the first place.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

The_Rob posted:

https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/1716124342931640827?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

This isn’t the absolute worst take I’ve ever seen or anything but people trying to convince me wwe has immensely improved are insane to me. Everytime I’ve tried to watch recently. It’s still all the exact reasons I stopped watching in the first place.

same, something about their whole production just turns me off. Like, even if the wrestling is better, the announcing and camera work is so off putting it makes me turn it off.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The key is even if you think this is HHH product fully HHH's NXT really had it's flaws hidden by being just Supercards and 1 hour TV at the start. Switching to 2 hours exposed it's weaknesses and it being thought of as a major change for the main roster is people thinking that McDonald's changing it's lobbies actually changes the restaurant

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Immensely improved means it's now a D+/C- show sometimes instead of always a flat F.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Immensely improved means it's now a D+/C- show sometimes instead of always a flat F.

Yeah hearing that the last Smackdown only had 3 matches is insane to me.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

same, something about their whole production just turns me off. Like, even if the wrestling is better, the announcing and camera work is so off putting it makes me turn it off.

do they still cut constantly from camera to camera during the matches, like they're being billed ten million per second of continuous shot? That alone is a sizable part of what makes the WWE unwatchable

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

The_Rob posted:

There are no more unwanted pushes, people genuinely love Austin Theory and Forever Champion Roman Reigns.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Real strong "Simpsons are good again" energy from that post.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The_Rob posted:

It's like if your local McDonald's used to be ran by an insane screaming senile rapist who smeared poo poo on all the burgers and now it's ran by a relatively competent middle manager. It IS better but it's still gonna serve you McDonald's and that's not going to change.

But if you like McDonald's, then hey the experience has gotten better for you! If you don't like McDonald's then it's still going to look like a McDonald's to you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Real strong "Simpsons are good again" energy from that post.

Yes that’s exactly what it is. Even if they’re doing some things better than they were even just a couple years ago. It’s still operating at merely being fine and inoffensive. Which is honestly worst than just being bad.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
WWE has definitely improved. It's gone from a 2/10 to a 4-5/10. Still not nearly good enough, but a lot of the hilariously bad nonsense stuff they used to do has mostly stopped, which is a shame because I've really grown to enjoy stuff like that the last few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurash
May 12, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Except that's not how they are billing Mistico at all so I have no idea what this complaint is about.

This is disingenuous as gently caress seeing as how there's half a dozen luchadores that show up as a 'special attraction' then shuffled to the lower midcard for sporadic appearances. Yes, this is largely due to them not being in AEW proper before being signed, but I think it's a valid complaint when these wrestlers aren't given enough time or push to really get past that 'special attraction' status... Especially when it's been a pattern for some time for many wrestlers.

Now this is way way more to do with HOW they are being used. It's not that the average fan can't tell Dralistico and Komander apart, it's that them and many others frequently occupy the same spot and doing the same thing on the card.