Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

He don't make the law, he Justin Forsett

drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Situations like the Rams RB are what I like the most about fantasy.

Most likely none of these guys are going to end up doing much.

But it's time to call your shot. The hope would be that one of them out plays the others and takes the job or atleast enough work to be startable.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

As someone with Kyren I’m not touching that backfield until he’s back. It just looks like a total mess and I can’t imagine Kyren not being The Guy once he’s back.

I picked up darrell henderson in a 14-team league

rams need someone they can rely on in pass pro. that aint a late round rookie

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I have CMC and Aaron Jones (Mixon on bye) so I ended up picking up Zach Evans off waivers, and boy was I a little steamed that Darrell Henderson and Royce Freeman(!) will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Henderson is on waivers but at this point I think I have to keep CMC in the lineup just in case he plays and he busts a 40 yard TD before dying.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm benching Allgeier for London on my flex in a full PPR league. Tell me I shouldn't please. I really need a win this week. Between the two of them, who gets more contact?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ShowTime posted:

I'm benching Allgeier for London on my flex in a full PPR league. Tell me I shouldn't please. I really need a win this week. Between the two of them, who gets more contact?

Flip a coin but Allgeier hasn't been startable since week 1 and if you started him week 1 then your season is probably over by now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I haven't ever started him and I picked him up off waivers. London was my maybe 9th-10th round pick. He's a great receiver and is trending up. I'm questioning running him, a WR, against a RB, which is a very valued position in FLEX. They could deploy Allgeier almost as a pseudo WR like a lot of RB's this season, or London could just pop off and go wild as a WR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Start London, it's not even a question imo

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Who do you guys like more in lieu of CMC, Elijah Mitchell or Jordan Mason? Mason looks like he got more use last week and just got dropped for some reason so he’s on waivers until tomorrow and I have the very last claim, so there’s a chance I don’t get him anyway.

But Mitchell is available. Thinking add him right now and put a claim to replace him with Mason after waivers clear tomorrow? That way I at least have a guy to play on Monday if CMC gets ruled out.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

I picked up darrell henderson in a 14-team league

rams need someone they can rely on in pass pro. that aint a late round rookie

update: got royce and henderson paired in 2 leagues, someone please outplay the other guy

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ShowTime posted:

I haven't ever started him and I picked him up off waivers. London was my maybe 9th-10th round pick. He's a great receiver and is trending up. I'm questioning running him, a WR, against a RB, which is a very valued position in FLEX. They could deploy Allgeier almost as a pseudo WR like a lot of RB's this season, or London could just pop off and go wild as a WR.

I was just cracking a bad joke about Allgeier in week 1.

IMO for FLEX, you want opportunity, regardless of position. And I'll take a WR1 over an RB2 in my flex any day of the week. Even with the dumbest looking coach in the league at the helm.

Allgeier is unstartable unless Bijan gets hurt.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

Start London, it's not even a question imo

Agreed. All grief (edit: LMAO I am keeping this autocorrect typo in) is averaging like one target per game. I think you have it backwards valuing him over receivers in the flex in PPR.

I too thought he was going to be a useful asset this year but made the classic mistake of assuming Arthur Smith had any kind of coherent plan lol

T-Square posted:

Who do you guys like more in lieu of CMC, Elijah Mitchell or Jordan Mason? Mason looks like he got more use last week and just got dropped for some reason so he’s on waivers until tomorrow and I have the very last claim, so there’s a chance I don’t get him anyway.

But Mitchell is available. Thinking add him right now and put a claim to replace him with Mason after waivers clear tomorrow? That way I at least have a guy to play on Monday if CMC gets ruled out.

I don’t claim to know the mind of Shanahan but what I’ve read is that Mason only got work because Mitchell was easing back in from injury. I think long term Mitchell is the guy you want. Mason is the consolation prize on the off chance we are wrong, or Mitchell and CMC both end up hurt at the same time (which is not exactly a crazy long shot)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 22, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1716109525730672840

Yeah I want no part of this SF backfield situation

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wish I had a choice!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Najee or Rhamondre (full ppr)?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Going with Rhamondre. Higher ceiling so far this season.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm kinda forced into Rhamondre, every week, because no wants to trade their RB's unless it involves Tyreek Hill, and no, not gonna do it. My league sucks. No one wants to trade unless they feel like they are winning out and winning to them involves trading multiple B-Tier players for the best WR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
drat downs and Ford blowing up on my bench

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Several seasons ago my main league decided to move to a defensive scoring system that rewards big plays rather than have your DST score gradually ticking down as they gave up more yards and points. In general it has been a pretty significant win, and we had some data people in the league work on it so that leaguewide DST scoring would average out to around the same amount of points as the default settings.

This is an ESPN league and one part of this was adding stuffs. This was annoying as during the first season, we found out that this doesn't update in ESPN's scoring in real-time and is adjusted overnight after the games are played, but not annoying enough to change. However, we noticed that our defensive scoring was wildly out of whack this season, and after doing some research, discovered:

They changed it IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON two seasons ago. None of us managed to notice this in 2022 heh. So ESPN, which hasn't had any meaningful upgrades in the past decade of existence, randomly decided to change a completely buried stat in the middle of a season.

All this to say - does anybody's ESPN league use "Pass Defended" as a metric in their scoring, and does it update in real-time as the games are going?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What has happened to Bijan?

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I had to choose between Howell and Minshew. How do I always manage to pick wrong

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tarbrush posted:

What has happened to Bijan?

https://x.com/tori_mcelhaney/status/1716162971406053414?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

As a former Pitts haver, one of the most frustrating aspects of Falcons players is that theres basically no beat reporting.

You just never get any insight into weird poo poo like this because no one cares.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ah well. My Bijan teams are both hosed anyway

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why did I play the Lions defense today of all loving days

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Foreman on my bench lol I hate this season so much

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Worst thing about playing in multiple leagues is a guy dropping points on you while also scoring for you. No fun!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Poque posted:

Several seasons ago my main league decided to move to a defensive scoring system that rewards big plays rather than have your DST score gradually ticking down as they gave up more yards and points. In general it has been a pretty significant win, and we had some data people in the league work on it so that leaguewide DST scoring would average out to around the same amount of points as the default settings.

This is an ESPN league and one part of this was adding stuffs. This was annoying as during the first season, we found out that this doesn't update in ESPN's scoring in real-time and is adjusted overnight after the games are played, but not annoying enough to change. However, we noticed that our defensive scoring was wildly out of whack this season, and after doing some research, discovered:

They changed it IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON two seasons ago. None of us managed to notice this in 2022 heh. So ESPN, which hasn't had any meaningful upgrades in the past decade of existence, randomly decided to change a completely buried stat in the middle of a season.

All this to say - does anybody's ESPN league use "Pass Defended" as a metric in their scoring, and does it update in real-time as the games are going?

We use Passed Defended in my ESPN league and it seems to be real time, I've got credit for 3 of them for my Bucs DST as of right now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epi Lepi posted:

We use Passed Defended in my ESPN league and it seems to be real time, I've got credit for 3 of them for my Bucs DST as of right now.

Awesome, love to hear it!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm a big believer that there's gold to be mined on bad teams fantasy wise but Ridder and Smith might be bad enough to drag everyone else down holy poo poo Atlanta.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm a big believer that there's gold to be mined on bad teams fantasy wise but Ridder and Smith might be bad enough to drag everyone else down holy poo poo Atlanta.

Never trust a Falcon.

It's a way of life.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Never trust a Falcon.

It's a way of life.

Ive got fond memories of Roddy White and Julio Jones :(

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Started Bijan with Allgeir in my bench, and playing against foreman. Man I sure love fantasy football.

Freezer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 22, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Did Bijan go back in? My opponent had him and I had Algeier on my bench. Saw Bijan got one carry right at the end.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did Bijan go back in? My opponent had him and I had Algeier on my bench. Saw Bijan got one carry right at the end.

That was just Arthur Smith trolling us

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
My JSN faith is rewarded!

Far, far too late to matter

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I wish the Josh Allen Second Half Show would happen in the first half as well one of these weeks

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Raiders please trade Davante Adams.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Sean McVay is my enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003