Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ethanol posted:

the fix is in

I agree. The FIA are frauds and cheaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fraudulent
idiotic
arbitrary

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
lol

Dumb sport.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

get out of there lewis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Who gives a gently caress about a British boat

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
lando 2nd :getin:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Rinkles posted:

how does this virtually never happen, and then there's two cases in one race?

Theory I have heard is that because they only had 1 practice session they didn't have enough time on high fuel to properly gauge how much wear a fully loaded car would put on the plank at this circuit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wish LH passed max on the last corner for an all time comeback

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RPM is gonna have a hilarious video review of this race

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kirios posted:

Post the video Sharll

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
So they randomly tested four cars, two failed, and they're...just not going to test the rest?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

max effort max reward

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Kirios posted:

i think he's already had an aneurysm

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

how does this virtually never happen, and then there's two cases in one race?
The reason Max wasn't streaking away this weekend - brake issues not included - is because the track is bumpy. If you raise the car's height small amounts to compensate you lose absolute tons of downforce because they're ground effect cars. They had to raise it considerably in Singapore and we all saw what happened there.
Most teams have obviously compensated for the lack of running by being conservative, and some haven't.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Because why would they - in the grand scheme of things you're not missing out in much this season for trying it and getting dsq'd, and if it had worked, it was the best chance to take a win this season

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

toadee posted:

best chance to mildly annoy Newey this season
fixed

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Well, if Merc didn't want to get DQ'ed maybe they should not have cheated. Simple.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

congratulations to logan sargeant for outscoring the late great ayrton senna at williams.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spaceblancmange posted:

congratulations to logan sargeant for outscoring the late great ayrton senna at williams.

Good thing he avoided a suspension unlike Senna

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

you see this is all on redbull, forcing their competitors to cheat *throws in another dumb slur about Mexican people before jokingly climbing up that high horse again*

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

weird how this wasn't one of those times where the rules were infringed, but no penalty was needed, BUT THE NEXT TIME ANOTHER COMPETITOR DOES THIS IT WILL BE PUNISHED!!1!!1!

wonder what that difference is between those other times and this.

but gently caress yeah :lando: p2

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Would be interesting to know what Sainz and Russell's plank wear was like, presumably the general car setups wouldn't be wildly different, though Hamilton was running a new spec floor.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just going to mean Lewis needs a couple more races to beat Checo to P2

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I see that Sir Lewis Hamilton (pbuh) won the Moral Lenovo United States Grand Prix this weekend, glad to see the sport is finally turning around. Also Lewis is the only driver doing selfies with the F1 Academy. The best driver.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FAUXTON posted:

Good thing he avoided a suspension unlike Senna

* Monocle flies off *

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Thanks Ants posted:

Just going to mean Lewis needs a couple more races to beat Checo to P2

39 points in 4 races is going to be tough, even against Checo.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I love the Hamilton face used in this meme (and every other meme)

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kind of pathetic seeing these attempts to beat Max by cheating. He’s got years of experience of getting away with it, and you think you can just blatantly start breaking the rules like him? Respect the craft.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It almost worked, though. Some cheating is good for the sort.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

That's a bit of cognitive whiplash

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Enjoying the mercedes DQ giving their fans have been frothing at the mouth about red bulls floor all season.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

opposable thumbs.db posted:

So they randomly tested four cars, two failed, and they're...just not going to test the rest?

It seems like “random” wasn’t the right word here. It’s more like they can check cars they have suspicions about.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, bear in mind they saw those sparks all race as clear as those pictures.

Usually series test the podium finishers or point scorers and then some randoms. There was a trend for a while in BTCC when ride heights were a big problem that people in the last point scoring place who weren't sure of themselves would let someone by, assuming one of them gets DQed and you get the place back.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Knitting Beetles posted:

Kind of pathetic seeing these attempts to beat Max by cheating. He’s got years of experience of getting away with it, and you think you can just blatantly start breaking the rules like him? Respect the craft.
:hmmyes:

Yuki bagged himself 5 points, bwaoh.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the fia is so crooked

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
What's the record for most podiums without standing on the podium? Sainz's 3 is surely up there

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mercedes and Ferrari should consider either being better at cheating or not cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I would think in theory Lewis and Charles should be disqualified from the sprint as well, since the car would have been illegal for that race.