Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlutieFlake
Nov 5, 2017

Grassy Knowles posted:

It looks like I’ve rollerskated around 3000 miles this year and biked another 400 (rounding down in estimations on distance), I have purchased $50 worth of bearings, $40 of wheels, $10 in lubricant, and $7 in hardware (all axle nuts) for the skates, $30 for a new front light on the bike, and $70 for two helmets across the two methods (though it is time to add a third helmet this year to the list after a face plant :( )

Grassy Knowles, what kind of roller skates do you have? That sounds like a lot of fun! Sorry you fell, though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FlutieFlake posted:

Grassy Knowles, what kind of roller skates do you have? That sounds like a lot of fun! Sorry you fell, though. :(

i mostly ride moxy lolly with 78A 65mm and Bronson G3s, but I also have some moonlights that I wear when I need to change where my foot is getting worn down. they’re not my favorite though as it’s such a large and padded boot.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

PittTheElder posted:

You're talking to the buffoon who actually believes the "louder = safer" line invented by owners of loud motorcycles

No?

mawarannahr posted:

legitimate gas-powered motorized 2 wheel vehicles:

not sure how the most popular motorcycle in America, Harley Davidson, makes you safer

Now do this on an American interstate highway

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

FirstnameLastname posted:

its most likely parked there because of theft btw, if it's on the street it's v. easy to roll by in a double door van with the floor cut out, open the back doors, back up and close them around it have ppl on in the van on each side to lift it up even in the middle of the day, takes 10 seconds and its gone forever

yep

lots of petty/lowlevel organized car crime is cartoonish as gently caress, rim thieves move like NASCAR pit crews and will jack a car up and electric-socketwrench all 4 wheels off and drop it onto cinder blocks in under 2 minutes start to gone and make almost no sound

they use vans that are FWD, no axle in the back

FWD vans most certainly do have axles in the back, nevermind the fuel tank and various other structural components of the frame that would preclude removal of the floor as you’re claiming. Pros use a couple high speed winches & a ramp (or a couple strong tweakers) not this inspector gadget nonsense you’re claiming

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://abc7.com/pch-malibu-crash-pepperdine-university-students-killed-celebration-of-life-memorial-service/13953444/
A car and driver killed 4 college seniors on pch

The guy is out on bail, and now we waiting for court

When I heard people talking about, they go were all like "oh the driver has money and can get away with."
Just biting my tongue to stop my self from saying, 'nah old people, it's just legal to kill people with cars now a days, because you love them too much."

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

500excf type r posted:

American interstate highways: the only place you can possibly ride or drive in America

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Platystemon posted:

lol if you bike doesn’t weight a half ton, have a hand‐cast exhaust tip, and wasn’t sold at hundred‐thousand‐dollar loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjuWiKz9zno

Gross. 20 Timbits?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

500excf type r posted:

No?

do you think these folks are scooting down their
equivalents of an interstate??

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

500excf type r posted:

how's your Harley any safer?

Platystemon posted:

Don’t be ridiculous.

Only Western countries have freeways.

yeah, Erdogan's government built massive freeways everywhere and there is no shortage of scooters.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Oct 23, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Sharps posted:

do you think these folks are scooting down their
equivalents of an interstate??

Don’t be ridiculous.

Only Western countries have freeways.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

the american (western) dependence on cars and roads has not only permanently altered the geography of our environment, it has altered the geography of our minds :lsd:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Mr. Sharps posted:

the american (western) dependence on cars and roads has not only permanently altered the geography of our environment, it has altered the geography of our minds :lsd:

Hardcore Los Angeles example, I was talking to a person one time about commutes, and they pointed out, "you never said a thing about distance, everything was in time."

Depending on which way you are going, which route and at what time of the day, a 24 miles trip can take 30 minutes or 3 hours.

I can feel the 10 freeway, like how mark twain wishes he could feel the Mississippi.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Mr. Sharps posted:

I can't find the original article, but I read about an experiment where children were ask to draw maps of their towns. The ones who lived in places where they could get around on their own on foot or by bike had detailed maps with cross streets and landmarks. The one who were driven everywhere just had major locations like their home and school linked by vague ideas of the roads between them.

So cars literally affect our mental geography.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/bHIJshY.mp4

quote:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Newly obtained dashcam footage shows a Portland man plowing past blockades and nearly hitting several people including small children along the Rose Festival’s Grand Floral parade route in June.

Sidney Mecham, 42, of Portland pleaded not guilty to 38 counts, including felony unlawful use of a weapon and attempting to elude an officer.

Mecham is a registered sex offender. He has prior convictions from 1999 for attempted first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in Multnomah County. In 2016, Mecham was convicted of third-degree sodomy and third-degree sexual abuse in Clatsop County, according to court records.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/in...ff-6f164b0c5969

Apr 7, 2003

It's cool that our society gives people like this the power to terrorize and potentially murder people

in an ideal world this guy would have a bus pass and not much more than that

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
did anyone try having a discussion with him?

mystes
May 31, 2006

he was probably just trying to find a sidewalk to park on so he could stop

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

leftist heap posted:

i tried calling but his line was busy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's cool that our society gives people like this the power to terrorize and potentially murder people

did anyone ask him to please not be on the sidewalk

Apr 7, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

did anyone ask him to please not be on the sidewalk

I don't want to disturb other working people too much. Wouldn't be leftist.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
bet you guys would've called the cops if you saw that huh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

only fnln recommended calling the police afaik

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

only fnln recommended calling the police afaik

okay cool I figured someone in here would try to get that guy arrested

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Top G posted:

FWD vans most certainly do have axles in the back, nevermind the fuel tank and various other structural components of the frame that would preclude removal of the floor as you’re claiming. Pros use a couple high speed winches & a ramp (or a couple strong tweakers) not this inspector gadget nonsense you’re claiming

lol i meant driveshaft i mix words up sometimes
u dont have to cut away clear to the rear wheels & its absolutely a thing people do along w meth

mystes
May 31, 2006

They could take that guy's license away, but if that's that his method of commuting to work, that could cost them their job and their home. if they have kids that could cost their kids their home.

people don't do stuff just to be wicked assholes and to mess with you. they don't do stuff because they hate everyone else and hate kids and want to run them over. they probably did not think about it because they were focused their own poo poo, as most people are

it isn't healthy to feel that hostile towards strangers and assume they to you
u need to work with people and at least try to understand why they do stuff if you want them to change what they're doing, making assumptions and picking fights over them is ineffective at best and makes you look dumb

so we should probably just give that guy some sort of medal and let him continue to run over kids

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

My car insurance has doubled in the past year. I barely drive and have no infractions or accidents.

I hate cars.

Apr 7, 2003

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

cops ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mystes posted:

They could take that guy's license away, but if that's that his method of commuting to work, that could cost them their job and their home. if they have kids that could cost their kids their home.

people don't do stuff just to be wicked assholes and to mess with you. they don't do stuff because they hate everyone else and hate kids and want to run them over. they probably did not think about it because they were focused their own poo poo, as most people are

u need to work with people and at least try to understand why they do stuff if you want them to change what they're doing, making assumptions and picking fights over them is ineffective at best and makes you look dumb

so we should probably just give that guy some sort of medal and let him continue to run over kids

would you have called the police?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the pedophile should be in jail forever, no bus pass needed

OBAMNA PHONE has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Oct 23, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

American interstate highways: the only place you can possibly ride or drive in America

The context is specifically about commuting to work hth

mawarannahr posted:

how's your Harley any safer?

yeah, Erdogan's government built massive freeways everywhere and there is no shortage of scooters.

If you need to ask how a full size motorcycle is safer on a us interstate highway compared a 125 2t scooter then you might be out of your depth

500excf type r has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Oct 23, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mystes posted:

You're right that guy actually really likes kids

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Hardcore Los Angeles example, I was talking to a person one time about commutes, and they pointed out, "you never said a thing about distance, everything was in time."

Depending on which way you are going, which route and at what time of the day, a 24 miles trip can take 30 minutes or 3 hours.

I can feel the 10 freeway, like how mark twain wishes he could feel the Mississippi.

People have always talked about travel in terms of time required versus distance, going back to before recorded history

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

500excf type r posted:

People have always talked about travel in terms of time required versus distance, going back to before recorded history

they were all chuds, and possibly landlords

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

so are motorcycles leftist or not

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Sphyre posted:

so are motorcycles leftist or not

neither. they are badass

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

You're right that guy actually really likes kids

:whitewater:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

you cannot just move a parked motorcycle by hand

You can. I have. It's not difficult.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tiggum posted:

You can. I have. It's not difficult.

prove it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it doesnt move very far, but knocking it over is moving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

I'm so glad we have a little d&d posting oasis in cspam

what happens when the unstoppable car meets the immovable motorcycle

edit:

leftist heap posted:

i'm going to use firm eye contact to put him in his place!!!

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Oct 23, 2023