Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If protests didn't matter, NYT wouldn't downplay them with misleading photos.

And again, this situation exists only because decades of Israel's perceived "popular mandate" emboldened horrific action.

According to polling, most Americans aren't down with genocide. Biden parroted Israel's hospital libel (in part) because prevailing wisdom still thinks Americans unconditionally love, support, and embrace Israel. We don't.

Protests are one way to show that.

Unlike some less-successful protest movements, this directly challenges that harmful misconception.

But also again, this is a slow macro-scale process that doesn't immediately put supplies where they need to go. But it doesn't do nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the Demons in the british press are getting angsty that Israel is losing

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1716399479421591974?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

I have to say the idea that the intelligence services 'allowed' october 7 to happen hadn't occured to me, it kind of seems possible but I feel like that recuperates Israel's humiliating defeat.

It also doesn't really matter bc the concentration camp nature of Gaza justifies any attempts to lift its siege, but still. how functional and calculating is the mossad?

the reasonable take is that they did get the warnings that they did, and they did see some of the training and the preparation, but they ignored it, which is different from "allowed it to happen"

the Israelis are contemptuous enough of the Palestinians that they wouldn't believe an attack of this scale and force was coming, or that it would be successful if they even tried

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

VoicesCanBe posted:

If Netenyahu let it happen on purpose, which I don't buy but hypothetically let's say he did, then it's a plan that clearly backfired horribly. His career is probably over regardless of what happens now.

What would even be the point of letting it happen? That's the part of those theories that confuses me. What do they think is the plan here? That Netanyahu wants an excuse to genocide Gaza so badly he's willing to destroy his career over it?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the danes come out for palestine

https://twitter.com/crookeddances/status/1716345128489476358?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
lol IIRC mossad in 2006 was correct at concluding the air campaign against hez was completety ineffective but the govt and IDF didn't listen and followed up with the humiliating invasion

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
More American bases in Syria attacked and the Iraqi resistance claim they have achieved direct hits.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the radio war nerd guys point out (because he’s that old) that at the time the usa kept refusing to release the actual death count and almost certainly significantly undercounted the number of us dead soldiers in the end

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

the reasonable take is that they did get the warnings that they did, and they did see some of the training and the preparation, but they ignored it, which is different from "allowed it to happen"

the Israelis are contemptuous enough of the Palestinians that they wouldn't believe an attack of this scale and force was coming, or that it would be successful if they even tried

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas says theyve struck two israeli military bases with drones

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1716428336400900439?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

gradenko_2000 posted:

The overriding tone I've been getting from virtually every Israeli state representative speaking/posting to the media (in English, can't comment on the Hebrew content), is a mixture of outrage, contempt and barely-veiled threats.
It's bizarre, after all the money spent on propaganda and good P.R. over the years, the Israeli government of today seems incapable of putting forward anyone who doesn't immediately come off as some kind of psychopath.

It seems to me, that in the immediate aftermath of October 7th, there was a huge opportunity to really boost international grassroots sympathy for Israel, and it's been entirely squandered because they seem incapable of not being very visibly assholes all the time.*

*Also the extremely visible war crimes and open desire for genocide

Pookah has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Oct 23, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Early crack ping this morning. Someone on MSNBC perfectly straight faced said Israel didn’t think Gaza would be so violent because they were starting to be prosperous and that’s why HAMAS could do a surprise attack.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

qfl

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

some kinda jackal posted:

So loving down on humanity right now.

Where's that asteroid?

gently caress that. The First World is only like 1/5 of humanity.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gabagool posted:

https://www.anti-israel-employee.co.il

This poo poo is loving disgusting. Watch what you say out there if it's under your real name, you might get thrown on the "potentially supportive sentiments for terrorism" registry.

Extremely normal move by Israel here. Check out the monsters identified:

IK edit: removing the screenshot with the names and job positions of random workers with correct and harmless pro Palestine takes. We get the idea, no need to cite examples.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 14:04 on Oct 23, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

how have the turds in dnd not been banned yet what a loving disgrace

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Guess they are putting some german boots on the ground so far

https://twitter.com/Sprinter99800/status/1716244022262411703

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Early crack ping this morning. Someone on MSNBC perfectly straight faced said Israel didn’t think Gaza would be so violent because they were starting to be prosperous and that’s why HAMAS could do a surprise attack.

today still reporting on the hostages like there's any actual desire to free them and not bomb them

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Sancho Banana posted:

What would even be the point of letting it happen? That's the part of those theories that confuses me. What do they think is the plan here? That Netanyahu wants an excuse to genocide Gaza so badly he's willing to destroy his career over it?

had the initial attack been business as usual (perhaps a little more attack than they were used to) and had the retaliation been swift, sure, and brutal it wouldn’t have tanked his career it would have ensured it. To be the man who finally crushed Hamas in Gaza, took the strip for the Israelis, it would secure his legacy.

but the Israelis are as proud as they are evil and so they disregarded the attack that turned out to be much more damaging than they thought and they’ve now fumbled the response so badly that the only remaining outcomes are negative for them and it’s entirely their own doing.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

how have the turds in dnd not been banned yet what a loving disgrace

stop reading dnd

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Where's that asteroid?

yeah not all of humanity are genocidal monsters hope this helps with your fascist nihilism

mags
May 30, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

stop reading dnd

mags
May 30, 2008

it’s that simple folks

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Genocidin George W BIden

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Suspiciously absent:number of hostages Israel killed w indiscriminate bombing

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hezbollah/Resistance have started targeting missiles around Haifa, first time sirens in some areas.

Level 100 Stalin
Sep 14, 2023

Gabagool posted:

https://www.anti-israel-employee.co.il

This poo poo is loving disgusting. Watch what you say out there if it's under your real name, you might get thrown on the "potentially supportive sentiments for terrorism" registry.

Imagine cowardly censoring your own anti-genocide views because youre scared Israel will put you on the naughty list

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Where's that asteroid?

have you thought about going to burningman

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Re: Israel baiting the initial attack. Wasn't there a story a couple of days ago about the special forces that got loving dunked on by Hamas already being en route when the attack started? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

that super special israeli squad were wiped out by a bunch of teenagers with kalashnikovs but i’m sure these guys are much better

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I mean... kinda

there was an article maybe a week back talking about the deception operation that Hamas was running where they kept a low profile for two years and tried to be very vocal and cooperative with the Israelis offering Palestinians scut labor for poo poo wages and that the Israelis thought that it was working and the Palestinians were really pacifying themselves

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Re: Israel baiting the initial attack. Wasn't there a story a couple of days ago about the special forces that got loving dunked on by Hamas already being en route when the attack started? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Basically the entire super elite squad of IDF troops made specifically to respond to anything that happens in Gaza were blown away immediately within the first hour.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera now reporting that Haifa and Acre are being bombed for the first time.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

15 9/11's is 12.27

Israel will fall on December 27th? Alright, pencilling it in. Let's see if I can pick up something nice for the celebration.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Aljazeera now reporting that Haifa and Acre are being bombed for the first time.

Hezbollah?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

All you needed was to increase the area that was ethnically cleansed of Germans after the war somewhat.

Whether that would have been more or less desirable than what actually happened I'll leave for everyone to decide for themselves.

Remember the current EU-NATO discourse about the Soviet Union. Now imagine what Eastern Europeans would have to say if Stalin had set up an independent Jewish homeland carved out of "their" territories.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Apparently Hamas/resistance targeted another vehicle trying to patch the border fence/infiltration into Gaza

https://twitter.com/NewpressPs/status/1716430234679976311

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Death By The Blues posted:

die deutschen die!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mags posted:

yeah not all of humanity are genocidal monsters hope this helps with your fascist nihilism

Only enough that the good ones don't really matter and it just keeps happening lol